The A2K (virtual) Weight Loss Club !!

Noddy24

Thu 6 May, 2004 07:11 am
Joe--

Congratulations!

I'm just a hair under 126, but you inspire me.

Keep holding.
0 Replies

doglover

Thu 6 May, 2004 09:10 am
cavfancier wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with Trim-Spa? We don't get it in Canada, so I was just curious if it worked or not.

Yes cav...that stuff works like a charm. I've been taking it since Feb 2nd and I've lost 31 pounds so far! I take the Ephedra Free kind. It eliminates cravings for carbs...my downfall for sure. My blood pressue has remained good and my heart rate has not increased. I would highly recommend it.

If you would like me to send you some to try cav, I would be happy to....just PM me.
0 Replies

shiny

Thu 6 May, 2004 10:16 pm
help me !
you guys are looking for ways to lose weight,so you should know how to put on some weight!!
ah ha ! give me some tips !
i am playing too much basktetball maybe!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Fri 7 May, 2004 03:25 am
This is turning into a good week.

This morning

Joe Nation,

formally 244.4,

weighs in at

tah tah da tah

!

Btw I am doing this by simply not overeating, or I should say, eating normally. For example, two pieces of pizza instead of a half a pizza, a little pile of fajita chicken with veggies instead of three giant burritos stuffed full (please pass the guacamole.), and for lunch -the tuna plate- mostly lettuce and undressed tuna, a bit of tomato and green pepper instead of the mega-roast beef on an everything bagel.......with cheese.
(Actual examples of meals from Joe's Palm diary.)

Yes, tis a wonder they haven't asked me if I could be ready, should an accident occur, to replace one of the Macy's Day Parade balloons.

:wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Fri 7 May, 2004 05:24 am
Great, Joe. When your weight loss is complete, you won't have to make a major transition to Real Life.

This morning I was a hair over 126--bored nibbling must stop.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Fri 7 May, 2004 07:11 am
shiny wrote:
help me !
you guys are looking for ways to lose weight,so you should know how to put on some weight!!
ah ha ! give me some tips !
i am playing too much basktetball maybe!

shiny, I have a friend with the same problem (to some a blessing). She cannot gain weight. Basically, her doctor told her to do everything opposite to what a diet would be. Eat lots of fries, donuts, anything you want. However....do consult with your doctor first. Even a person who cannot gain weight needs balanced meals, and proper medical advice.
0 Replies

margo

Fri 7 May, 2004 01:50 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
This morning I was a hair over 126--bored nibbling must stop.

Letty - feel free to nibble as much lettuce as you like - or cabbage for that matter! Spice it up with the occasional carrot!

Hang in there!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Fri 7 May, 2004 03:17 pm
Margo--

Thanks for the advice. Would that vegetables came user-friendly.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 7 May, 2004 05:33 pm
Groovin' along slowly.

Had a bit of an 'incident' on Wednesday. Decided to treat myself to a small order of salt and pepper spicy pork from the chinese place near work. To have with my salad lunch. Seems that my ankles do not want that salt anymore. They were swollen within hours. They were fine once I got home and drank a lot of water and choco milk. My body metabolism is adjusting to the salad/yogurt/protein lifestyle change. Still a long way to go, but the train is chugging now.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Sun 9 May, 2004 06:12 am
Sunday weight in (the one that really counts.) 224.2

Down another two pounds this week, on track to hit goal by Christmas.

Thanks everyone.

Joe
0 Replies

hiama

Sun 9 May, 2004 06:47 am
That's great Joe,

Go Joe Go Joe Go Joe

The main thing you will find is that cost you loads of money as you need a whole load of new smaller clothes-I did. ITs worth it though

Keep it up or should I say down-fella Very Happy
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Sun 9 May, 2004 07:04 am
Joe, you inspire me. I still haven't lost much weight, BUT, I joined a road racing club and signed up for a 4 day road race in July. First day is just a 7 mile time trial, second day 18 mile circuit race, third day 35 mile road race, and fourth a 17 mile criterion. We'll see what happens. If I win a Volvo, I will surely let you all know. And give you a ride...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Sun 9 May, 2004 07:07 am
Oh yeah, but I have 4 weddings coming up and will go home for a month, where population is overall thinner than here, so I need to loose the weight pronto too, as I train. Which won't be fun, for I do need all the energy I can get. :-( Any tricks?
BTW, cav, TrimSpa works quite opposite on me. They sent a free week sample, so I tried it, but psychologically it backfired- for all I could think about was food. And I was nauseous the first two days. So I suppose it don't work for everyone.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 9 May, 2004 08:13 am
Way to go, Joe - and Dasha - that's some serious running!

The TrimSpa is interesting. A friend was prescribed it to help with some perimenopausal symptoms, which is fine. But now she farts constantly. Shocked
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Sun 9 May, 2004 10:53 am
Dag; i assume you are talking about cycling, not running.

the problem i find with riding, is that there is a need for 'fuel' as you 'up the ante' in order to not 'drop off' so to speak.

If you are new to two wheels (at least the serious version) two important things: cadence, and water.

Stay away from the 'sport drinks' as they bugger up your blood sugar, stick to water, and a suitable source of converted sugar, most normal foods, in minimal quantities.

The cadence thing is to keep up a suitable rotation speed (probably slightly faster than feels normal) to maintain your heart rate, vs power output without over taxing your knees' ability to apply torque.

Longevity is the aim; speed will come.

Caution it becomes a way of life, and fits into the obsessive compulsive mindset most seamlessly! Cool
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Mon 10 May, 2004 12:05 pm
Thanks BoGoWo,
yup, I am new to racing - always loved biking and am pretty strong by now, but I am learning a lot! The water lesson was learnt harshly- almost collapsed when I was getting up this nasty long hill, had to stop and drink all of mine and good part of everybody else's water. am learning cadence, too. i never liked it, i have strong quads, so i liked pushing at lower rate, but i started riding with a friend who is a racer already. she forced me to practice 'spinning' a lot. today went to the gym, 1/2 hour on eliptical, i upped the resistance level to 10, 1/2 hour on a bike- a 'hill' course, which was dreadful, but useful, and 20 mins of light running. haven't eaten since breakfast and am so hungry i could eat half a cow. as soon as i see some food. yesterday biked with my bf, 22 miles, with 3 mean uphills. i just hate uphills, that's my weakest spots. otherwise i can already push at 24 -25 miles per hour for a good amount of time. so, hills it is from now on. at least 3-4 times a week. arrrrgh. i will stay away from sports drinks, never liked them, but it's good to know they are bad. will report later...d.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Mon 10 May, 2004 02:16 pm
dagmaraka--

Your training schedule is most formidable. I'm awed.

Joe--

Once again, congratulations.

Mother's Day weekend was full of good bread and cheese and a bit of vodka with blueberry juice. Now I'm probably two or three hairs above 126, but today I have been Exceedingly Virtuous all day and should see the results by Wednesday or Thursday if Abstract Justice isn't busy elsewhere.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Tue 11 May, 2004 07:50 pm
I am having a bad day. Shocked

Best not look, ya'll.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Tue 11 May, 2004 08:19 pm
Joe--

Let 'er rip--but stop eating at five minutes to midnight. Then you start tomorrow fresh. You're not having a bad day--you are taking a 23 hour 55 minute intermission.

I graduated from Physical Therapy. This morning I did my exercises early and dragooned the Physical Therapist into teaching me how to go up and down the four steps between the house and the sidewalk with a walker.

Then we worked on getting into the car--driver's side--and cradling the walker in my lap. Tomorrow I can go down for the newspapers when I wake up instead of waiting for Mr. Noddy to rise and shine.

Independence! With a vodka and blueberry juice.
0 Replies

margo

Tue 11 May, 2004 08:27 pm
Yeeee-hahhhh!

Go, Noddy!
0 Replies