The A2K (virtual) Weight Loss Club !!

Diane

Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:20 pm
Hello all you disciplined people. I dropped out of the club early on, but now I have to get serious.

Since Dys' stroke, we haven't been as active and he has lost lots of weight. He has always been thin, but he lost almost 20 pounds after the stroke.

I think I have been eating extra as a way of getting him to eat. Maybe like men who have sympathetic pregnancies? Anyway, I have put on 15 pounds--this on a small frame only 5'1." Weighing this much makes me feel like a slug. Ugh.

Would somebody give me a jab in the ribs if I stop coming here and getting in the zone of eating intelligently?

Congratulations to all of you. Hope I can join in your success.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:25 pm
Diane, we need you to take care of yourself - for you and Dys.

I will definitely come and poke you if that would help. I'm going to need some poking myself soon. Seems that I may have really done something bad to my elbow when I fell off the side of Maine 3 years ago, and I'm going to have to go talk to a doctor about this. I'm terrified that they may suggest surgery. <sigh>
0 Replies

hiama

Tue 20 Apr, 2004 09:43 am
Well done all here, Jo I started from around about the place you started and boy do I feel better not carring around those extra 50 pounds. Even with this annoying little problem have with my rear end-not being able to sit properly or drive for the last 6 weeks, I have kept my weight at the same-around 185 lbs. Keep it up.

Here's a poke in the rib for Diane and blessings to Dys. Beth you'll be OK Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 20 Apr, 2004 10:38 am
Wearing a top and pants that didn't fit in October.
Slow and steady is winning this race. Very Happy
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Tue 20 Apr, 2004 11:53 am
yeah, i can feel the belly melting away and my legs are leg-shaped again, too! i developed some nice muscles over the past month. yet the scale won't budge. sure the muscles weigh more than fat, but i wish it would go down at some point! i am still waiting for that mirraculous moment when i will realize i lost 10 pounds, just like that. it must come. running for an hour yesterday, elliptical, weights and swimming today. biking 40 miles tomorrow. at least i will be in a top shape one of these days.
0 Replies

George

Tue 20 Apr, 2004 04:22 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
running for an hour yesterday, elliptical, weights and swimming today. biking 40 miles tomorrow. at least i will be in a top shape one of these days.

...one of these days? D@mn, girl, sounds like top shape to me right now!
0 Replies

Diane

Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:07 pm
Yeah, Dagmaraka, what George said!!!

Thanks for the support for my new quest to lose weight. Bethie, your doing an incredible job, keep going and take care of that elbow and, for pity's sake, promise not to fall off the side of Maine anymore. Girl, Maine is not the state to fall off of--why not try falling off the side of a state with a nice sandy beach instead of a wild and rocky cliff???

Hiama, you are an inspiration, as is Dagmaraka. I will never do that much excercise, but will promise to not stay in fron of the computer or in a chair reading all day.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:12 pm
Diane, stand or sit where you'd like, but let go of that box of chocolate!
0 Replies

seaglass

Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:21 pm
I've developed a little sing-song when I am tempted by the wrong foods.

I just sez girl, eat it today, wear it tomorrow.

But as I say the Atkins Diet is what has worked for me.
0 Replies

omacneil

Tue 20 Apr, 2004 10:05 pm
Noddy / Noddy24 broke leg will be out for a time.
Hello

Believe it or not, I'm the son of Noddy

Last night (Monday) she broke her leg.

She asked me to let y'all know she'd be off the system for a time.
0 Replies

eoe

Tue 20 Apr, 2004 10:19 pm
Wow. We've been getting so many imposters lately. I hope this is another.
Noddy, can you talk to us?
0 Replies

margo

Wed 21 Apr, 2004 01:16 am
Well, Noddy hasn't posted since sometime last Monday, her time.
<worry, worry>
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Wed 21 Apr, 2004 04:55 am
Terrible news about Noddy. Does anyone know anything more?

joe
0 Replies

cavfancier

Wed 21 Apr, 2004 05:08 am
I hope this news about Noddy isn't real. Sad If it is, I wish her a speedy recovery.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Wed 21 Apr, 2004 07:39 am
Best wishes to Noddy. We're thinking of you.

KP
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 21 Apr, 2004 10:11 am
Given what noddy has posted about her fragile, little bones I'm afraid to say I have to believe this. I hope that gal is holding her dominion.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Wed 21 Apr, 2004 10:11 am
How, what...why Noddy, we need to hear you! Feel all those positive vibrations traveling your way! Heal your dominion!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 21 Apr, 2004 10:20 am
dag - you send the vibes toward the west, i'll send them south-east - we should be vibing Noddy directly in no time.

Everybody send the good vibes toward, hmmm, somewhere in Pennsylvania?
0 Replies

margo

Wed 21 Apr, 2004 02:08 pm
ultrsasonic vibes may have a role in repairing broken bones!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 21 Apr, 2004 05:05 pm
vibe north, margo, vibe north

i need to tell Noddy that I saw a hint of jawline today, and almost didn't know what it was!
0 Replies