The A2K (virtual) Weight Loss Club !!

ehBeth

Tue 29 Jan, 2008 04:46 pm
I am SO glad you all made me go to class last night.

I feel hugely better (when the toe isn't twinging). Amazing how much difference getting back to class made. I'm not going to go nuts and go tonight (which I'd considered), but tomorrow ...
0 Replies

material girl

Wed 30 Jan, 2008 05:15 am
My crisp and chocolate intake is more or less down to zero.Ive strated to take a 'help with weight loss drink' and Ive been out for spontatnious walks for exercise.Hopefully going to get a job where I actually move about too.
0 Replies

JPB

Wed 30 Jan, 2008 06:29 am
good for you, ehbeth and MG.

I won't be able to get to a gym until Friday. Doing well on the food side of things. Fruit day and travel day.

CSO and lunch downtown with K tomorrow.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Wed 30 Jan, 2008 12:07 pm
~~~~~~~~~~~>Slides in sideways hollering: WHOOOOOO, I'm here!

Ok, as you all know I was headed to Arkansas on the 18th, the last twelve days has been enough to jar some weight off of me. How much? I have no clue....still haven't gotten a scale, but I did weigh once I got there.

We stomped out the mountains, the creeks...cleared brush at my F-I-L's place, my place and everywhere in between....cleaned for hours on my S-I-L's new home, hauled wood, chopped pine...you name it, I've done it.

And in my desperate attempt at some normalacy in Arkansas.... it seems my hasty retreat there was to endure miserable weather, a too hot house to even sleep in, to end with myself being to stubborn to listen to my own body....SOOO I had the pleasure of coming home with an ear infection and an upper respritory infection from hell.

So, I haven't eaten much in the last few days, which is fine by me....but I feel like CHIT!

Sooooo, here's to hoping to a speedy recovery and still maintain the loss of appetite.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Wed 30 Jan, 2008 12:09 pm
Ohhh yeah, BTW, if my previous post doesn't make any sense, lets just chalk it up to some heavy duty drugs......with knock out power. I'm a little fuzzy sometimes.........

Cool
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 30 Jan, 2008 12:45 pm
Oh man, feel better mms!

And ehBeth, make sure that the chorus of A2K voices in your head includes the phrase "don't overdo it!"

I worked out, and as hoped it went normally. Yay! I did see those sparkly things when I raised my head too quickly during stretches at the end -- you know, little stars at the edge of your vision? If they get worse, you're about to pass out, but they faded fairly quickly.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Wed 30 Jan, 2008 01:10 pm
EhBeth--

My sympathies to your poor sore toe and congratulations to the rest of you.

MG--

Avoiding trouble is an excellent start. How is the job-hunting coming?

JPB--

Hold firm! Your momentum is on your side.

MMS--

Your present miseries should shrink your stomach, even if the rest of you is uncomfortable.

Soz--

DODI yourself.

(Don't Over Do It).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 30 Jan, 2008 07:42 pm
Went tonight. Feel goooooooood!

(toe hurts, but what the heck, it'd hurt if I sat still)

~~~

Get some good sleep, Noddy.
0 Replies

JPB

Thu 31 Jan, 2008 07:23 am
Two weeks of mostly travel. Up four - s'ok, it will come off quickly. Lunch date with daughter K today and Super Bowl party on Sunday. Then it's smooth sailing through the rest of February.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Thu 31 Jan, 2008 07:25 am
I weighed myself this morning and was alarmed to see that I have gained one ounce. I plan on chopping some wood later this morning to remove that unwanted weight.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Thu 31 Jan, 2008 09:48 am
EhBeth--

You are a formidable woman.

JPB--

Would any of those four pounds be from the grain and the grape?

Gus--

The mind boggles.

I spent much of last night in violent purging and feel a bit better--although wobbly. I'm down two pounds--and passing 110 on the scales is a pretty sight--but that was probably water weight.

On to recovery.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 31 Jan, 2008 10:05 am
Oooh, get better, Noddy.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Thu 31 Jan, 2008 11:50 am
Noddy wrote:
Quote:
I spent much of last night in violent purging and feel a bit better--although wobbly. I'm down two pounds--and passing 110 on the scales is a pretty sight--but that was probably water weight.

On to recovery.

Hope you get to feeling better quickly Noddy......

From recent events myself, I understand the "wobbly" part. I hate being sick! This is going on 5-6 days, feeling much better today though.......

Oughta be myself by Saturday....... Cool
0 Replies

Noddy24

Thu 31 Jan, 2008 01:14 pm
Osso--

I'm on the mend.

MMS--

I thought of you this morning. I'd promised myself to move some books around to make more shelving space and got as far as dragging the kitchen step stool out to the living room....

Then I wondered if you were the proper role model under the circumstances....
0 Replies

JPB

Thu 31 Jan, 2008 04:08 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
JPB--

Would any of those four pounds be from the grain and the grape?

grapes are good :wink:
0 Replies

JPB

Fri 1 Feb, 2008 10:40 am
Completed January down 8 lbs and down a total of 13 since Dec 3rd. Regained a bit from the monthly low due to real life interruptions but February brings new focus. February is also blissfully short (even if slightly longer this leap year). January seems like the longest, coldest, darkest month of the year. Good riddance!

Goal for February: continue alternating feasting and fruit fasts. Target loss for the month -- 7 lbs.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Fri 1 Feb, 2008 12:33 pm
JPB--

Your clothes must be fitting very differently--or not fitting at all.

Seven pounds is realistic. Go for it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Fri 1 Feb, 2008 01:06 pm
How are you feeling, Noddy?

Worked out today.

Felt GREAT. No wooziness, no stars, no nothing.

Plus, yesterday I was late to pick up sozlet after school and had to intercept her before she did something else, and saw her in the distance and sped over there... I didn't realize until later that I a) ran, b) pretty fast, c) pretty far, without d) getting winded at all, or e) feeling anything amiss in my knees. So that makes me want to get back to thinking about running more, especially as the weather gets a bit less brutal.

Meanwhile, last night sozlet hugged me and then peevishly poked my tummy and said "you're not as soft as you used to be."
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Fri 1 Feb, 2008 01:46 pm
Out of the mouths of babes...soz...

January not a good month for me. Down a little over three pounds and hardly trotted 20 miles.

Joe(bring on the month of Valentines)Nation
0 Replies

mac11

Fri 1 Feb, 2008 04:19 pm
JPB, good job on managing real life as well as your challenging eating plan.

soz, I love sozlet's remark. I assume she had no idea that "not as soft" is a good thing?

Joe, over 3 pounds down sounds like a great January to me. But I know, you'd rather be running...
0 Replies