The A2K (virtual) Weight Loss Club !!

Noddy24

Fri 1 Feb, 2008 04:53 pm
Soz--

You earned your trio of positive corroborations.

Joe--

Six more weeks of hibernation season--unless the clouds hold and the groundhog can't see his shadow tomorrow.

Mac--

The last mile is the longest mile.
0 Replies

JPB

Sun 3 Feb, 2008 09:19 am
Finally! I've been struggling to complete a full fruit fast day since I started traveling 10 days ago. Yesterday was a complete success and I feel like I can get back on track.

Super Bowl feast day today with friends coming here to watch the game (note to self -- feast does not mean gorge).

Potential conflict tomorrow night with fasting plans. dunno how that's going to shake out yet.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Sun 3 Feb, 2008 09:42 am
JPB--

Do your best. Angels can do no more.

Only seven more weeks of winter.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 4 Feb, 2008 09:10 pm
Went to class tonight. It feels great to be back in the routine.
Was out with the dogs both days this weekend.

Can't spin to the right cuz of the toe (it feels a bit disconnected), but I just do the routine with a left spin an extra time.

I thought I wouldn't be able to be in the next recital because of the toe (you can't stand still or spin against the group during the recital Evil or Very Mad ), but they've bumped it back by a month, so there's extra healing time.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Tue 5 Feb, 2008 08:21 am
Usually a broken bone in an adult takes six weeks to heal. Sprains can take much longer.
0 Replies

mac11

Tue 5 Feb, 2008 09:05 pm
I'm glad you're back in the groove, bethie, but I would think that the loss of the clockwise spin would be a bigger problem...

I had my fourth (tiny) loss in a row at weigh-in today. I haven't bested my "all-time" low from November yet, but I plan to do that some week very soon. Current weight: 172.4! Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 5 Feb, 2008 09:11 pm
We're in the groove, making moves.

Progress is progress, maximillion!

I'm so happy to be back, that I'll take what I can get in class. My 'ear' for the music, and sense of the choreography has really improved in the last 3 - 4 months, so it's great to be able to apply it. Those two weeks off were horrible. I wanted to dance!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Wed 6 Feb, 2008 01:48 pm
When the music gets in your bones--and the fire in your belly.
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 6 Feb, 2008 02:28 pm
Keep on groovin'!

Good news/ bad news. Yesterday I was out shopping and my usual jeans felt extremely loose. I checked out my reflection in a big window, expecting to like what I saw, and ACK. The loose jeans didn't look good. (They talk about this all the time on What Not to Wear -- just adds volume and looks sloppy. Still, seeing is believing.)

But then I went into the store and while I didn't check out any jeans (not on sale/ out of price range) there was a gorgeous dress, on sale for $10 from $60, that fit great! It has an empire waist, and that fit has tended to make me look slightly pregnant in the last several years. This didn't! Straight down from waistband.
0 Replies

George

Wed 6 Feb, 2008 03:08 pm
[whistles appreciately]
0 Replies

Noddy24

Wed 6 Feb, 2008 04:32 pm
Soz--

Sometimes random chance looks like a calculated payoff.

Did you buy the dress?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 6 Feb, 2008 04:38 pm
Just before Christmas I messed up my neck quite badly. A chunk of arthritic bone mass moved on top of a nerve and I spent a month taking huge quantities of powerful drugs, bent over in spasm most of the time. I could barely drive to work, and walking more than about 50 yards required a rest.

Oddly, I didn't gain any weight, maybe a pound, but nothing much. My blood pressure, OTOH, has gone through the roof. I cannot get it down and don't know why. After a recent surgical procedure on my neck (which helped by the way), while in recovery, my diastolic was measured at 112 - while I was basically asleep!
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 6 Feb, 2008 04:40 pm
Oh yes!
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 6 Feb, 2008 04:43 pm
Er, that was addressed to Noddy... yikes, cjhsa! I assume your doctor's on it?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 6 Feb, 2008 05:22 pm
I see him on Friday morning. He won't be happy, but I'm not happy with him either. He has changed my meds around simply because he has different preferences than my previous doctor. Dropped one of my BP meds that probably helped. Switched up my cholesterol meds and now what were reasonable numbers are all out of whack.

I plan to have a little conversation with him after he jumps on me about my BP. Not too hard though, I think he means well, but it isn't working. I'd be better off on the old regimen even if it wasn't perfect. Even though I don't like the role all that much, I am too important to too many people to be screwing around like this.

And of all things my wife bought me a gym membership for Christmas. I haven't been able to use it at all.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 6 Feb, 2008 09:04 pm
Just back from three hours of dance class, and an adventurous trip home through a bit of a blizzard.

I figured that if I was going to be snowed in, it might as well be at the dance studio.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Thu 7 Feb, 2008 12:48 pm
Soz--

Good. Where will you wear it?

Cjhsa--

I'd guess that the economic situation in Michigan might have something to do with your blood pressure problems. Let us know what the doctor says.

EhBeth--

Snowed in at the Dance Studio with lots of water and very limited snacks: Survival Diet designed for ehBeth.

I had a pleasant little ceremony this morning. I posted my Size 12 discards on the local FreeCycle site and after ditzing around with one woman who wanted me to deliver to her door (so she could sort through and see which slacks and jeans she wanted!) I made contact with a serious Freecycler.

She's been losing weight, and with runabout twin babies and a limited budget, her wardrobe is very skimpy.

When I do the Great Wardrobe Revolution in March/April, I have her phone number.
0 Replies

JPB

Sat 9 Feb, 2008 09:41 am
Heartwarming, noddy.

cj -- let us know what the Dr told you.

Having a good week. Down three, 4 to go by month's end. A few food related events coming up over the next two weeks. All happen to fall on odd days.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Sat 9 Feb, 2008 10:41 am
JPB--

Three pounds in nine days. Good for you and your self-restraint.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 12 Feb, 2008 10:29 pm
Went to a Hard Core Conditioning class tonight (making up for a snow-cancelled dance class).

If I can walk on Thursday, I may try it again.

Nothing seems to be broken.
0 Replies