The A2K (virtual) Weight Loss Club !!

Noddy24

Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:09 pm
J_B--

Congratulations on having started towards perfection. I'm still adjusting to the increasing dark.

Thirteen miles an hour? This is at least three steps above Basic Couch Potato.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Sat 12 Nov, 2005 09:23 pm
too bad you didnt live in austin j-b

im still putting along working my way to the marathon in feb. Rolling Eyes we shall see.. ;-)
i could use a good walking partner.

all of mine.. have... well... quit.
0 Replies

JPB

Sat 12 Nov, 2005 10:34 pm
marathon, as in running 26.2 miles? Yabba! I'd love to walk with you shewolf, but running isn't something I can do.

hehe, did I say 13 miles per hour? Make that 13 minute miles Laughing I'd be dead at 13 mph.
0 Replies

Thomas

Sun 13 Nov, 2005 06:26 am
J_B wrote:
marathon, as in running 26.2 miles? Yabba! I'd love to walk with you shewolf, but running isn't something I can do.

hehe, did I say 13 miles per hour? Make that 13 minute miles Laughing I'd be dead at 13 mph.

There is a bright side to it: The slower you are in the beginning, the more you can improve through your workouts. A year from now, you'll look back at those 13 minute miles and say "Wow, that's how far I've come". And that's a pretty good feeling.

-- Thomas, 5'7'', 254lb
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Sun 13 Nov, 2005 07:16 am
ohhhh im not running that entire distance.
gotta be a cold day in hell before I do that. Laughing
I am the master of LAZY- running doest fit lazy.. hehe

but yeah.. I want to make the whole thing, maybe add a little jogging in there.. but for the most part, a good fast walk.

you can do 13 minute miles Shocked
right on J_B!!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Sun 13 Nov, 2005 07:53 am
For example, j_b, thirteen minutes miles is what I am running now after working at this pretty hard for four and half months. (That's all? It's felt like years....)

okay. small drum roll. 209.8

Joe(look I'm smaller)Nation
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Mon 14 Nov, 2005 08:29 pm
congrats, joe! i have progress to report, too. i haven't stepped on a scale for ages, but i know that the pants i bought 3 weeks ago and could barely button (only happened if i sucked all air and posibly also spine out of my abdominal area until i turned blue, just long enough to close two buttons) are now loose!

But, what's way more important: Frau Klaudia of the boxing club told me today I have a great technique and that I learnt a lot since I came there. Frau Klaudia, herself! Incredible.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Tue 15 Nov, 2005 01:50 pm
heavens, nobody in the club anymore?

anyhoo, since we had goose, knodeln, and cabbage for lunch, i decided to be this my sinful day. a break after almost two weeks of Sensible Eating. I had sushi and chocolate for dinner, yeah. Tomorrow back to the routine.
0 Replies

George

Tue 15 Nov, 2005 02:21 pm
I've been a very bad boy lately.
There was some atonement made today as I forced myself to go out
and jog at lunch. What a drizzly, grey day!

It's Nigel's birthday, so I am duty-bound to eat some cake tonight.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Tue 15 Nov, 2005 02:23 pm
today is the Sinful Day, i officially proclaim it thus.
0 Replies

Thomas

Tue 15 Nov, 2005 02:29 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
heavens, nobody in the club anymore?

I was just speechless from awe after reading about Frau Klaudia's compliment. (You sure it's not "Claudia" by the way? "Klaudia" certainly reads much meaner in an evil German way, so I could forgive a journalist for misspelling. Razz )

-- Thomas, 5'7", 253lb
0 Replies

mac11

Tue 15 Nov, 2005 02:38 pm
I haven't been sinful yet today, but the evening is ripe for it. Thanks dag. Very Happy

I've been lurking on this thread for months. But today's a banner day, so it's time to jump in here.

I started Weight Watchers six months ago. Hadn't made a serious effort to control my ever-growing size for 20 years. At today's meeting, I officially passed the 50-pound-down mark, a total loss of 51.4 pounds. I was really shocked - I had hoped to get past 50 maybe next week.

I joined back in May because they were offering lunch meetings here in the building, and the company would pay the first $150 of the fee to join. I'd run out of excuses not to try. I've got about 80 more pounds to go, but I feel confident that I can lose them too.

And the WW system works. Group encouragement and sharing have been a huge factor for me. And knowing that someone else will be weighing me and keeping track too. I highly recommend Weight Watchers to anyone who is interested in losing.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Tue 15 Nov, 2005 02:41 pm
:-) I actually don't know. Never seen her name written, I just assumed. I do like Klaudia though, although she is nowhere near as fierce as she appears in my writing. She has blonde wavy hair and looks like a timid girl. But one workout with her and you're dead, she squeezes every ounce of energy out of you.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Tue 15 Nov, 2005 02:43 pm
50 pounds! By golly! Wow!

Congrats mac!
0 Replies

mac11

Tue 15 Nov, 2005 02:44 pm
Thanks dag - I'm in a bit of a daze. And seeing as how it's Sinful Day, I'm contemplating my options. Very Happy
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Tue 15 Nov, 2005 02:49 pm
can't choose between a celery stick and a carrot?

i opted CHOCOLATE! LOADS and LOADS of it. (oops, sorry, was i yelling?)
0 Replies

Thomas

Tue 15 Nov, 2005 02:57 pm
mac11 wrote:
I started Weight Watchers six months ago. Hadn't made a serious effort to control my ever-growing size for 20 years. At today's meeting, I officially passed the 50-pound-down mark, a total loss of 51.4 pounds. I was really shocked - I had hoped to get past 50 maybe next week.

More shock and awe here. I expect to pass the 10 pound down mark next week -- and that's compared to my weight in August. You are now officialy one of omy heroes.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:13 pm
mac--

Wonderful!

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:17 pm
Mac.. WOW...

just WOW~!!
50 lbs.. and it sounds like you didnt even REALIZE it was coming off.

Congratulations !! Many cheers..!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:33 pm
50lbs...wow.

That's as much as I can curl...with MY PINKY FINGER!!!

No seriously, that's awesome.
0 Replies