The A2K (virtual) Weight Loss Club !!

JPB

Sun 30 Oct, 2005 08:07 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Picked up my number 5254.... race time 8:55am Sunday...

full report t'marra.

Joe(outta my way)Nation

Maybe you can report here...

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62441
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Sun 30 Oct, 2005 01:49 pm
Okay.

See you over there.

Joe(anything to make them happy.)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Sun 6 Nov, 2005 07:22 am
Hey. Where the hell is everybody? I am standing here naked on my scale and no one to report the results to.... hey Evil or Very Mad >

Joe(210.8 gained a .5 arrgh)Nation
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Sun 6 Nov, 2005 07:31 am
.5 of muscle

it is in your left calf..

;-)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:27 am
well, still doing the boxing thing, but from last wednesday (that makes today the 6th day) i eliminated all carbs. which also virtually eliminated all snacking. i have no desire to snack on carrots and related silly items, so i just don't snack at all. it's going rather well, i survived a few Big Temptations - today there was white chocolate mousse with an apricot sauce that looked divine at the cafeteria. since we pay per lunch, i was entitled to one, but i skipped it. Oh, the resolve. so strong am i! i can already tell my face is a little slimmer (first place to show gain or loss), now just to make this thing last... wish me luck. (damn, i typed luch... surely thinking about lunch...)
0 Replies

Thomas

Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:41 am
dagmaraka wrote:
Oh, the resolve. so strong am i! i can already tell my face is a little slimmer (first place to show gain or loss), now just to make this thing last... wish me luck.

Tons of luck are hereby wished upon you. In my own experience, I can cut out the sugar, the white bread, and the refined starches. But cutting out all the carbs tends to make me feel tired and depressed. I think you'll need all the resolve you can get, so again, good luck!

-- Thomas, 5"7', 254lb
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:56 am
yes, i will only go two weeks without carbs. after that it's not healthy, bad for liver because of ketosis. then i'll be adding complex carbs - whole grain dark bread, wild rice...such. staying away from white bread and pasta though. and sugar.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:57 am
one question though, for whoever. i noticed my vision's gone blurry. now that may easily be because i'm glued to the computer day and night, writing a lot, so my eyes have every right to be tired. but it's worse this past week. can it be diet related at all?
0 Replies

Thomas

Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:43 am
dagmaraka wrote:
one question though, for whoever. i noticed my vision's gone blurry. now that may easily be because i'm glued to the computer day and night, writing a lot, so my eyes have every right to be tired. but it's worse this past week. can it be diet related at all?

I am a diabetic, and my vision does tend to get blurry when I eat to much sugar. So while I don't mean to suggest anything in particular about your own condition, the direct answer to your question, "can it be diet related at all?" is affirmative. (Emphasis mine.)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:10 am
ah yes. perhaps it's the sudden lack of sugar that's messing me up. though it's opposite to eating too much sugar, hmmmmm. anyway, i'm sure a few days long break from a computer would be best advised, but i don't see that in the near future, not until february or so...
0 Replies

JPB

Mon 7 Nov, 2005 12:23 pm
UGH!!!

Weight: Too high
Blood Pressure: That's too high too
Looming Large: The holidays and associated weight gain
Looming Larger: Me!
Motivation Level: Toilet
Plan: GET A GRIP, J_B!
Focus - exercise: Start training for Turkey Trot 8k walk on Nov 24th
Focus - food: DETOX! cranwater, here I come. No grains or dairy, lots of green leafy veggies, lean protein
Focus - accountability: Journal daily and check in here.
Attitude: UGH!!!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:47 pm
Uh, J_B, I'm looking forward to your enthusiastic encouragement of my journey to the Marathon... what am I to make of all this gloomy stuff?
Cranwater??

Joe(I'll have mine with just a dash of Vodka)Nation

so.... what is your walking plan.

?
0 Replies

JPB

Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:21 pm
Very Happy

cranwater is 100% cranberry juice diluted 1:8 with water. Drink 64 oz throughout the day, flushes out all sorts of ughs.

I walked 2 miles today. I used to walk 4 miles daily but haven't done much of anything since I hurt my back in August. I need to do, but not overdo. I'm going to walk 2 - 3 miles at least 4 times this week, 3 - 3.5 miles times 4 next week and then 4 miles on Monday and Tuesday during Thanksgiving week. I'll rest on Wednesday then walk 5 miles (8K) on Thursday.

How 'bout you? How much gearing up do you need to do to get ready for 10K?
0 Replies

littlek

Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:44 pm
J_B - dayum! Good luck with the excersize program! You can do the turkey walk - we know you can!
0 Replies

JPB

Tue 8 Nov, 2005 10:46 am
Thanks, littlek.

I walked with my neighbors this morning. They tend to walk slower than I do so we went about 3.5 miles, resulting in the same workout overall as going faster for a shorter distance. My back was sore last night but I didn't have any hard spasms. Walking slower today was probably a good idea.

Yesterday was ok, foodwise. I ate well throughout the day and managed to stay busy with work during the afternoon and avoid snack attacks. All was well until I got home around 9:30 last night and plopped in front of the TV with a bag of almonds. Almonds are better than the leftover Halloween candy but even as my white-winged left shoulder guy was telling me to put the bag away after the second handful, the horned red-cape guy on the right side was telling me to go for it. Red won out over white Sad

I lost 3 lbs of water weight yesterday and my bp is down some but still in the 130s. My motivation is better as the weather has been gorgeous making it easy to get outside and walk. Its disheartening to deal with chronic back problems though. People deal with worse every day and if non-debilitating back problems are my biggest complaint then I've got it easy. Time to quit-my-bitching and find some bootstraps to pull up.
0 Replies

Thomas

Tue 8 Nov, 2005 04:54 pm
Today I surfed into one of these sites that let you calculate your body mass index. On entering my height and current weight, I learned that my BMI is now just under 40. This means that according to the National Institutes of Health, I am still "obese", but no longer "morbidly obese". This still doesn't make me look like Brad Pitt, but it's progress.

-- Thomas, 5'7", 254 lb
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Tue 8 Nov, 2005 05:25 pm
hahaha. morbidly obese! ha. that sounds so... cruel. morbid even. who came up with the terminology? damn!

being good, tomorrow the seventh day of the diet. then just one more week of the no carb thing. it's not bad not bad at all.
0 Replies

George

Tue 8 Nov, 2005 05:47 pm
Nigel is now blowing my doors off even for a 3 mile run. I used to have
to keep him on pace and practically drag him through the last half mile of
a 2-miler. Now he can stay with me for 2 and a half and then leave me in
the dust in the last half.

Getting old. And fat. And slow.

Rats.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Tue 8 Nov, 2005 08:13 pm
Making good resolutions....feebly making good resolutins....

The dark is closing in and virtue has few charms when night starts at 5 pm.
0 Replies

JPB

Sat 12 Nov, 2005 07:34 pm
Holy cow. HOLY COW!!! I can't believe how out of shape I've gotten. 3.33 miles today with a hill or two thrown in in 43 minutes. 13mph average and I can't move Laughing I'm going to be a stiff puppy tomorrow. Felt good though.
0 Replies