The A2K (virtual) Weight Loss Club !!

Noddy24

Wed 22 Jun, 2005 02:02 pm
George--

If Hamlet had a cheering section like you his melancholy would have stayed at manageable levels.
0 Replies

beretta

Wed 22 Jun, 2005 02:14 pm
Hi everyone,

I am new here. Trying to loose IT Smile. Oh, man, it has been hard on me. I tried all diets imaginable (e-diets, weight watchers, la loss, etc.). The only thing that really works for me is to eat less. What a concept! Laughing Somehow no diet program teaches you that. Surprise, surprise.... Anyway, that thought of writing down everything I eat occurred to me couple of weeks ago. And since then I started loosing weight!. Well, not from just writing it down, obviously Smile, from planning and weighting the food. From 164 I am down to 157.5 - that is since June 3rd. I need to get to 144 or so, that would be good, that's what I was... well... 10 years ago or so. I am so confidant I can make it!
I even eat candy bars and still loose weight! Laughing
0 Replies

dragon49

Wed 22 Jun, 2005 02:38 pm
welcome beretta!!! we are glad to have you! we weigh in each thursday morning... sometimes to our delight, sometimes to our dismay.

i didn't do anything today. couldnt pull myself out of bed, and bernie didn't try! gonna have to get hubby to start kicking me out of bed again. however, i did eat well, and like you beretta i have found that portion control and the amount of food i eat each day really determines my wieght loss. however, i do stay away from those unnatural carbs!
0 Replies

George

Wed 22 Jun, 2005 02:58 pm
Don't forget exercise.
0 Replies

beretta

Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:15 pm
George wrote:
Don't forget exercise.

Hm... I am a gym regular for last two years at least. Got really hooked on circuit training! Better then just cardio with some kicks. Kicks are good too, but this circuit training really got my muscles going without any extra effort - aren't we all pressed for time?

Who likes what in a gym? Any recommendations? I am always open to new things!
0 Replies

beretta

Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:17 pm
dragon49 wrote:
welcome beretta!!!

Thanks!

dragon49 wrote:
i however, i do stay away from those unnatural carbs!

Well, it will be my next step, when everythings else fails Smile
0 Replies

George

Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:24 pm
beretta wrote:
...Who likes what in a gym? Any recommendations? I am always open to new things!...

I alternate running outdoors with using our fitness room at work.
I have rotator cuff woes, so I use free weights and a ProSpot machine to
work on strengthening the shoulders.
I pretty much hate treadmills, steppers, and stationary bikes.
I do like the Concept II rower and use that when I need an aerobic
workout, but can't (or won't) go outside.
0 Replies

beretta

Wed 22 Jun, 2005 05:42 pm
George wrote:

I pretty much hate treadmills, steppers, and stationary bikes.

George, I hate running, too. However, my bf keeps saying it is the easiest way to loose weight, if you are willing to do cardio at all. I know (i have read about it) he is right. Just do not get - why is it so hateful? I just cannot do it for more then.. or, say, 10 minutes, and even that is a stretch, and then on I hate every second of it.

But group exercises do not bother me at all, more, I enjoy them. Maybe, it's because there is a break just so often so it does get boring.
0 Replies

Ay Sontespli

Wed 22 Jun, 2005 07:51 pm
Dragged my sorry butt out to the river walk this morn...6 km walk only.
I am hating going to the gym Razz Not feeling motivated.
meh
I do go though.
Scales not budging... Razz

Good work everyone who is managing to lose weight!
'I will persist until I succeed!"
Just coz the numbers are not dropping does not mean I am giving up Razz
0 Replies

Noddy24

Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:01 pm
Ay S--

Determination will work--grim or goodhumored.

How was the wedding?

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Ay Sontespli

Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:08 pm
Hiya George,

The funeral for my grandmother is Thursday and my daughter's wedding is on Saturday; neither of which I am attending. They are all in Canada and I am in Australia.
But my oldert son did NOT go home on June 10; however he IS definitely going home July 25 and taking his younger brother with him. My husband and I will be in Australia on our own until December Sad
Ah but the silver lining is that my back is better. And that is what counts, right?
0 Replies

dragon49

Thu 23 Jun, 2005 07:24 am
oh woe is me, it is thursday. we only have one week left right in the 6 week challenge? ugh.

starting weight 180
current 169
total -11

i am warming up to running. the only actual hard thing is making it out of bed in the morning, the running is the easy part at least for me-bernard drags me most of the way.

didn't make it out of bed this morning, my hubby is in a crunch to meet a deadline and didn't make it home from work until 130am. Sad and goofy as it may sound, i can't sleep when he's not there because i am convinced someone is going to break in and hurt me and he won't be there to protect me. i have issues... Wink

Ay S, i am thinking about you-take care.
0 Replies

dragon49

Thu 23 Jun, 2005 07:34 am
oh and today, i drank 20 oz of real coffee to make up for my sleep deprivation...the first dose of caffine in over 3 months...i hope i don't bounce off the walls too much.
0 Replies

George

Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:10 am
Check-in day (Week 5)

Starting weight: 175
Present weight: 171
This week's change: -2
Total change: -4

I really thought I was going to break 170.
Oh, well. Keep on keepin' on.
0 Replies

dragon49

Thu 23 Jun, 2005 09:57 am
george i feel kinda hefty now that you and i are the same weight...i'm a woman and you are a man. Sad guess i will have to try harder Wink
0 Replies

JPB

Thu 23 Jun, 2005 10:43 am
Week 5 check in

Starting weight: 171
Current weight: 175
Change this week: 0
LOSS overall: +4 lbs

I was afraid it was going to be worse, so I'll take no change.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Thu 23 Jun, 2005 10:50 am
I'm getting back in the mix starting either this week or monday.

6-8 weeks, going to eat more, drink at least 1 gallon of water a day, taking some supps, going to put on 10lbs.
0 Replies

George

Thu 23 Jun, 2005 11:16 am
What's your workout regimen, just weights?
Or are you mixing in some aerobic exercise?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Thu 23 Jun, 2005 11:17 am
dragon--

You're definitely the favorite for the Crown of Beauty and Virtue. Eleven pounds!

George--

Two pounds a week is very respectable.

J_B--

Some weeks are harder than others.

Starting weight: 130
Present weght: 127--the low side of 127.
Total loss: 3 pounds with a start on losing the 4th.

I've been fighting a summer cold which has limited my physical activity. Sometimes I've been too weary to toddle to the refrigerator for a little snack.

This week I can breath without snuffling and dripping and wonders may be possible.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Thu 23 Jun, 2005 11:35 am
George wrote:
What's your workout regimen, just weights?
Or are you mixing in some aerobic exercise?

Weights only, at least for now.
0 Replies