Mother of dead soldier really pissed at Bush

dragon49

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:58 am
DTOM,

sorry i have been away so long...busy, busy, busy. i agree that if we were to have more stories about the good things happening over there, that many would believe it was propoganda from the administration. i have an upper hand as my aunt's exhubby is there telling me stuff. You all have really made me think about this subject (unfortunately something i really haven't done recently).

And CI-i am a bush supporter and fully support what cindy sheehan is doing. it is her right and she is standing up for what she believes in, more power to her. i dont have to agree with it, but she can do as she pleases. as far as political motivations, i agree of course its politcally motivated, she doesn't want anyone else to suffer what she did. i think what i would have a problem with (and she hasn't done this whatsoever that i am aware so for now i have no problem) is if she "sold" her story to whomever, that would cheapen what she is trying to accomplish in my eyes (of course she hasn't done that).

so here's where i stand, take it as simply my opinion. arguing as to whether we should have gone there in the first place is essentially moot. we are there. maybe bush made a mistake, maybe not (i am undecided now). who cares, the biggest point is to figure out the best, fastest, most secure way to finish this and let them get on with their iraqi lives. i have absolutely no idea how to get this done and i am not even going to pretend to think i understand it (haven't served, can't imagine it). what would be helpful to me (the aspiring, debater Smile ) is to hear what anyone out there knows about our plans in iraq. i realize some of you will say, there isn't one!!! but does anyone out there know? just curious-i obviously don't pay as much attention as i should which is another reason why i tend to stay away from political threads.

Thanks one and all...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 12:25 pm
Quote:
what would be helpful to me (the aspiring, debater ) is to hear what anyone out there knows about our plans in iraq. i realize some of you will say, there isn't one!!! but does anyone out there know? just curious-i obviously don't pay as much attention as i should which is another reason why i tend to stay away from political threads.

This one gets me, too. I mean, shouldn't it be obvious?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 12:33 pm
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 12:39 pm
Once National Review begins to attack ya,

You know you're on the right track.

You'll continue to see phrases from them such as 'the left is still incapable of providing opposition' right until things collapse for the Right.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 12:48 pm
Wanna read what Hitchens has to say about it?

Quote:
Cindy Sheehan's Sinister Piffle
What's wrong with her Crawford protest.

By Christopher Hitchens
Posted Monday, Aug. 15, 2005, at 11:50 AM PT

Here is an unambivalent statement: "The moral authority of parents who bury children killed in Iraq is absolute."

And, now, here's another:
[list] Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full well that my son, my family, this nation and this world were betrayed by George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agendas after 9/11. We were told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate our freedoms and democracy … not for the real reason, because the Arab Muslims who attacked us hate our middle-eastern foreign policy.

Christopher Hitchens is a columnist for Vanity Fair.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 12:56 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
How 'bout you start a photo thread and we'll get out all the pictures with American high ups shaking Saddam's hand.
That'll be a hoot!

Interesting point. I guess we know there's some water under the bridge since that hand-shaking all those years ago. Changing allies is the nature of the beast of foreign policy.

Seems Ms. Sheehan has changed as well.

so then what's your complaint ?

if you read the entire text of the articale that claims her meeting with bush was a love fest, you'll find that she and her husband decided to put aside their personal feelings and act the way that they believed that their son would want them to.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 01:17 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
How 'bout you start a photo thread and we'll get out all the pictures with American high ups shaking Saddam's hand.
That'll be a hoot!

Interesting point. I guess we know there's some water under the bridge since that hand-shaking all those years ago. Changing allies is the nature of the beast of foreign policy.

if you read the entire text of the articale that claims her meeting with bush was a love fest, you'll find that she and her husband decided to put aside their personal feelings and act the way that they believed that their son would want them to.

No complaint, really. She has an agenda, and it appears to me she acquired it at some point following her first meeting with Bush, because she clearly didn't have the vitriol flowing then.

I also found it amusing that she had previously posted the kissy-kissy picture on the family website, but taken it off the website now that she's camped out in Crawford.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 01:31 pm
"Interesting" is perhaps a better word than "amusing."
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 01:46 pm
rayban1 wrote:
Hmmmm......could it be that Michael Moore and George Soros are paying to bus in lefties to create a crowd around Sheehan?

One thing I am certain about.......Michael Moore and Soros....WON'T pay to clean up the **** they leave behind!!!!!

hmmm, could be. also could be that mike galagher or sean hammity and richard melon-scaife bussed in the righties.

since nobody trusts anybody anymore, i guess we'll never know...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 01:49 pm
Maybe she didn't have the same feelings in 2004 when she met with Bush. Maybe since then we've had reports of Downing Street Memos and other evidence that the invasion of Iraq was unecessary, and even foolhearty. Maybe she has awakened to the truth, that her sons death was not to protect America, which was why he joined the military in the first place.

Maybe.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 02:03 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
That'll be a hoot!

No complaint, really. She has an agenda, and it appears to me she acquired it at some point following her first meeting with Bush, because she clearly didn't have the vitriol flowing then.

I also found it amusing that she had previously posted the kissy-kissy picture on the family website, but taken it off the website now that she's camped out in Crawford.

well, shuhhhhh, dude! of course she has an agenda. everybody has an agenda.

michael moore has an agenda. so does michael reagan. so ?

didn't hear any of our conservative cohorts around here complaining about all of the protestors outside of schiavo's hospice. or their enticement to be there by randall terry and operation rescue. or even voice any concern about the trash and portapotties that they brought and left behind.

and ya know what else we didn't hear ? the sound of some jerkoff full of bud light bustin' off a couple loads of buckshot because they were ruining his view.

didn't hear a bunch of neanderthals yelling "we don't care" led by a gasbag in a cheap suit with a bull horn. if it was the nasty liberals yelling "we don't care" hannity or some other loon would be down there with veins leaping out of his forehead. wouldn't he ?

we also didn't hear the sound of yet another cretin dragging a pipe on a chain through the site and tearin' the a** outta the place.

those bozos didn't have an agenda ?

jeez louise... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 02:07 pm
dragon49 wrote:
DTOM,

sorry i have been away so long...busy, busy, busy. i agree that if we were to have more stories about the good things happening over there, that many would believe it was propoganda from the administration. ..

no problema, d49.

maybe it would be seen as propaganda. but that hasn't stopped the bush administration from presenting other packages and epks.

that is what makes me skeptical of their assertions that "stuff is gettin' better".

either way, it certainly is worth a try, don't ya think ? :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 02:09 pm
Nice post about agendas, DTOM <nods>
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 02:16 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Nice post about agendas, DTOM <nods>

Ditto.
<pulse comes down>
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 02:24 pm
DTOM: I've no complaint about the fact she has an agenda. Did you not notice where I said that earlier?

She has as much right to push her agenda as the next person. And the anti-war-left-fringe in this country has the right to ride Momma Sheehan for all the mileage they can get out of her ... and you know they will.

As far as the shotgun totin' neighbor, he's got every right to hunt dove from his front porch as the next guy. That's legal in my county too ... though it'd be quail. :wink:
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 02:28 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
dragon49 wrote:
DTOM,

sorry i have been away so long...busy, busy, busy. i agree that if we were to have more stories about the good things happening over there, that many would believe it was propoganda from the administration. ..

no problema, d49.

maybe it would be seen as propaganda. but that hasn't stopped the bush administration from presenting other packages and epks.

that is what makes me skeptical of their assertions that "stuff is gettin' better".

either way, it certainly is worth a try, don't ya think ? :wink:

i would like to see it more. i know it's not all death and destruction over there like some media outlets make it out to be.

having lived in texas, the gun toting neighbor doesn't surprise me. plus it isn't like crawford is a heavily populated area, they guy probably just doesn't know what the hell to do since he isn't used to the noise (ridiculous to us, but probably not to him), so he did what he has always done, fired off a couple of rounds and everyone scatters.

i don't take issue with cindy sheehan calling bush names, it's a free country do what ya want. i do think however, once the media frenzy started around her, her objections have gotten much more boisterous. but again, do what ya want as long as you aren't breaking any laws. if she however does anything that causes her profit (financially) from her son's death, all respect will be gone. let's hope not.

however, some where i read a post that talked about how past presidents were never "expected" to meet with every fallen soldiers' relative (WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc). Why now is it such a huge media frenzy? I mean, cmon, go document all the good stuff that is happening over there. go document all the crap saddam was doing to his own people. go document the heroes of the war (iraqis who turned in insurgents, troops who stopped bombings from happening-oh yeah, never heard of that on the news...it must not EVER happen).
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 02:36 pm
Doesn't suit their agenda, d49 ... oh, and it doesn't sell as many papers either.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 02:48 pm
These righties talk about Mrs Sheehan as though she's doing something undemocratic or political or not doing her dead son any favors. These are the same people who took the blow job on Clinton to the Grand Jury. They don't understand anything about balance or logic.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 02:50 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
DTOM: I've no complaint about the fact she has an agenda. Did you not notice where I said that earlier?

She has as much right to push her agenda as the next person. And the anti-war-left-fringe in this country has the right to ride Momma Sheehan for all the mileage they can get out of her ... and you know they will.

and what then do you call it when bush has the parents of a soldier killed in action at the state of the union and all ?? oh. wait, i get it. that's gin-yoo-wine care and respect with no agenda or manipulation. right? i said, right??

As far as the shotgun totin' neighbor, he's got every right to hunt dove from his front porch as the next guy. That's legal in my county too ... though it'd be quail. :wink:

ahh, he was right out by the fence line. they showed the truckbed with his scattergun and a 1/2 rack of that god awful keystone crud (i thought at first it was bud light. the guy has even less class than i thought ) sitting on top of the cooler. cracked open and sportin' a pretty good dent. in the interview with the guy, he was showin' a pretty good dent too. hahaha!

two other things...

1) idiots that mix beer with guns are the exact reason that we need gun control. i like both. quite a bit actually. but not together. why ? cause idiots like him are the result.

2) he supposedly is renting space to a network to shoot footage. not sure which, yet. know it's not msnbc. don't really care either way. he's a hypocrite as well as a fool.

quails good too. haven't had it since i was a kid. my wife turns green at the thought of game meat. bummer.

anyway, i'm pretty sure you would not be the type to go on down there and start acting the fool with a weapon, right ?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 02:54 pm
I'm waiting for her to be hauled off because she is a threat to national security...and bubba with the shotgun and canned horse piss will go on his merry little way.
Doo-dah, doo-dah
0 Replies