Mother of dead soldier really pissed at Bush

Amigo

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 05:24 pm
The right wing only has one option. pile s**t on top of a legitimate argument till it's buried because they are wrong and don't have the decency or balls to face it. Everyone else pays the price and they don't care. Soon they will bury themselves in there own s**t. We will clean up and move on.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 05:32 pm
Re: BBB
Baldimo wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
It is really insulting to suggest that an adult woman is not capable of making up her own mind about an issue without "someone getting to her."

Only an idiot would make a claim that she can't think for herself.

BBB

I guess that makes those on the left idiots. They have always accused Bush of not being able to speak for himself.

Last time I looked Bush was a male. In the 5th year of his presidency, he has finally gained the ability to read a script written by others if it doesn't contain many big words.

His mother can speak her own mind. She's never shown any shyness in doing so.

BBB
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 05:35 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
It is really insulting to suggest that an adult woman is not capable of making up her own mind about an issue without "someone getting to her."

Only an idiot would make a claim that she can't think for herself.

BBB

I guess that makes those on the left idiots. They have always accused Bush of not being able to speak for himself.

Last time I looked Bush was a male.

His mother can speak her own mind.

BBB

So only women have the right to speak for themselves. Men can only be told what to say?

I think my wife might agree with you.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 05:42 pm
Baldimo wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
So only women have the right to speak for themselves. Men can only be told what to say?

I think my wife might agree with you.

Smart woman, but we won't make the same mistake men made for centuries in restricting the independence of women.

BBB
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 05:45 pm
We don't have to accuse bush of not being able to speak. Every time he opens his mouth his proves it. he speaks like I type.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 05:48 pm
BBB
Amigo wrote:
We don't have to accuse bush of not being able to speak. Every time he opens his mouth his proves it. he speaks like I type.

So that's what wrong with Bush. I never guess he had a keyboard in his mouth.

BBB
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 05:56 pm
Brave son, brave mother. She has the right to ask the president what she needs to ask. Bush is not a king. Why won't he come out? If the war is just why is this poor dead soldiers mother waiting in the hot sun while he's in his "ranch" on vacation. 6 more marines dead. Bush on vacation.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 05:59 pm
Evidently she won't be able to stay there after today. She will be considered a risk to national security.

Quote:
King George and National Security

Why is Cindy Sheehan a Threat to George on Thursday, but Not Today?

A BUZZFLASH GUEST CONTRIBUTION
by Amy Branham

For the last couple of days I have been hearing that Cindy Sheehan will be considered a threat to national security if she does not leave her post by Thursday. At this point, it's important to ask: why Thursday? Why is Cindy not a threat today or tomorrow? Why wasn't she considered a threat to national security Saturday when we first marched out to the ranch? What is the difference between Thursday and now?

Let me tell you what the difference is. Thursday Condy Rice and Rummy will be arriving at King George's castle. Sometime either Thursday or Friday King George is going to some kind of fundraiser at the ranch of a local crony. My sources tell me that the only way for King George to get to that ranch from his castle is to drive by Cindy and her supporters. That's right, fellow peasants; King George would have to actually see Cindy.

But that's not the real story. The real story is that the media will be there to record absolutely every movement, every event that happens when King George's carriage goes by. King George has no plans to stop, no plans to talk to Cindy. The media would be there to report and videotape King George driving right on by the throng of peasants and the mother of a fallen hero, snubbing his nose at them as he goes his merry way to the party.

This would not be good for King George in the eyes of his public. In fact, it would be very, very bad.

King George cannot be bothered by the likes of Cindy and the other families of fallen heroes who disagree with him. He has their blood on his hands, but he doesn't care about them.

This kind of reminds me of all the phony, staged "town hall" meetings King George has attended. The audiences are filled with supporters with pre-written questions for the King. It's interesting that none of the audience members have ever disagreed with the King.

The King's throne is crumbling underneath him and he doesn't even know it.

Amy Branham
Gold Star Families for Peace
Mother of Sgt. Jeremy R. Smith

Source
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 06:28 pm
Amigo wrote:
Brave son, brave mother. She has the right to ask the president what she needs to ask. Bush is not a king. Why won't he come out? If the war is just why is this poor dead soldiers mother waiting in the hot sun while he's in his "ranch" on vacation. 6 more marines dead. Bush on vacation.

Wasn't Bush in Illinois today on business? I thought he signed another law or reg into existence. If so that would make 2 pieces of legislation signed. If he's working then how come he told us he is on vacation?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 06:31 pm
"So....she's not to be taken seriously now because she once said something different in the past?"

Only the president is allowed to be wishy-washy, cause he's the king.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 08:11 pm
rayban1 wrote:
I would like to see a list of the names who got to her and turned her around.

Try to keep up.

Quote:

"We haven't been happy with the way the war has been handled," Cindy said at that time. "The president has changed his reasons for being over there every time a reason is proven false or an objective reached." (Other newspapers, after her son's death, noted her antiwar views.)

In re-posting the original story on the paper's Web site, Editor Diane Barney said: "It's important that readers see the full context of the story, instead of just selected portions. We stand by the story as an accurate reflection of the Sheehan's take on the meeting at the time it was published.'"

UPDATE: On Tuesday, Barney filed a column on the paper's Web site, declaring that Sheehan's antiwar positon was "not new," adding: "We don't think there has been a dramatic turnaround." She noted , "Clearly, Cindy Sheehan's outrage was festering" even back when she met Bush.

No turn-around.

editor and publisher
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 08:44 pm
I feel this poor lady is being used by some antiwar groups. People who are in morning are susceptible to being influenced. It's a shame that these anti-war groups are acting the way they are by using a grieving mother to further their aims of sedition. I hope she realizes this sooner then later when these people start to leave her because they can't get accomplished what they want. I wonder how she will feel then? I'm sure they don't care.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 09:06 pm
Baldimo wrote:
I feel this poor lady is being used by some antiwar groups. People who are in morning are susceptible to being influenced. It's a shame that these anti-war groups are acting the way they are by using a grieving mother to further their aims of sedition. I hope she realizes this sooner then later when these people start to leave her because they can't get accomplished what they want. I wonder how she will feel then? I'm sure they don't care.

Actually, she was interviewed this afternoon by Ed Schultz, and he asked her about the right wing media accusing her of being a tool of the left. She replied that the idea was nonsense. People from all around the country are joining her in her protest.

Funny how the "liberal" media isn't reporting much on it.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 09:20 pm
LionTamerX wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

Actually, she was interviewed this afternoon by Ed Schultz, and he asked her about the right wing media accusing her of being a tool of the left. She replied that the idea was nonsense. People from all around the country are joining her in her protest.

Funny how the "liberal" media isn't reporting much on it.

People from all over country? Interesting to say the least.

Could it be that it really is non-news. Could that be the reason why the media isn't reporting on it? There have been about 1800 families that have lost soldiers and I don't see them behaving this way. Those other families realize that their soldier made a choice to join the military and there is a bad side to the military. Death! They knew this and accepted this.

I feel for her loss but I still think she is being used as a pawn. As you said Ed Schultz had her on the radio, it isn't news to him, it is another chance to bash Bush and nothing more. In a few months he won't even remember who she was.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 09:30 pm
<deleted - point already made>
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 09:32 pm
Yep, Baldimo. She's a lousy mother. She didn't do well in training and she allowed her blender to get jammed.

It's her own fault.

Strange that Jessica Lynch feels used by the government and you claim she's a lousy soldier. This mother looses her son due to the government and you feel sorry for her cause she must be being used by the left.

How twisted are you?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 09:54 pm
squinney wrote:
Yep, Baldimo. She's a lousy mother. She didn't do well in training and she allowed her blender to get jammed.

It's her own fault.

Strange that Jessica Lynch feels used by the government and you claim she's a lousy soldier. This mother looses her son due to the government and you feel sorry for her cause she must be being used by the left.

How twisted are you?

I'm not twisted at all. I feel for the woman I really do. I know how my mother would feel if I were killed in war. That's not the issue, the issue with which people will go to exploit the suffering of others to their needs. I think the anti-war machine in this country is the twisted side. Not people who are against the war just those that pumped up this poor mother for their own selfish needs.

You just committed some sort of debating no no by bringing up Lynch. I don't know which one. Not all that good and the rules of debate but I'm sure you did. It's not relevant to the current discussion.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 10:10 pm
If Little Boots were truly a compassionate person, truly a christian, and really gave a damn , the least he could do would be to invite this woman in for lunch.
That would diffuse the whole situation, and might actually help him out of his popularity tailspin.

He doesn't have the guts.

He's a weak little coward, playing cowboy.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 10:23 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Amigo wrote:

Wasn't Bush in Illinois today on business? I thought he signed another law or reg into existence. If so that would make 2 pieces of legislation signed. If he's working then how come he told us he is on vacation?
I can sign my name twice in 60 seconds. Thats not work. Bush has spent 20 % of his presidency on vacation. Thats more then any president in the history of the America. Do you defend that? Do you spend 20% of your job on vacation?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 10:37 pm
Amigo wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Amigo wrote:

I can sign my name twice in 60 seconds. Thats not work. Bush has spent 20 % of his presidency on vacation. Thats more then any president in the history of the America. Do you defend that? Do you spend 20% of your job on vacation?

What else does he have to do? The House and the Senate and the SC are all gone. He has been signing what was completed before they all left. He has been meeting with other leaders and signing bills. Does he really have anything else to be doing right now? Name a few things he should be doing in your eyes.

I wish I could spend that much on time on vacation but I can't. If I could then I would. Do you really care how much time he spends on vacation? According to most of you on the left he doesn't do anything right anyways so what the big deal? I would think you would all be happy. The more time he spends on vacation the less he screw up the country!
0 Replies