Wrong Answer Game

Glennn

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2024 04:08 pm
@coluber2001,
Q: Some say that Noah had a tendency for hyperbole. Did he really save two of every animal species?

A: Well, he saved two of every animal species that he was aware of. Keep in mind that he'd never left town up until then. Where he got the kangaroos from I'll never know.

Q: Are cameras really the the devil?
P E Dant

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2024 05:12 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn - Q: Are cameras really the devil?

A: Yes! This is especially so if it is YOU who is caught in the compromising situation with Ms Tite from Accounts! There is an old saying viz., 'better the devil you know' and it means that you are better off if you know who the potential blackmailer is! Then they say 'the devil is in the detail' and this is so true what with these high-powered modern cameras that clearly define every little thing! Yes, cameras really are the devil and it will be the devil to pay if you don't take care and be on continual alert against the shutterbugs!

Q: How come my doctor tells me I've got 'tennis elbow' when I've never played tennis in my life?
coluber2001

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2024 07:16 pm
@P E Dant,

Q: How come my doctor tells me I've got 'tennis elbow' when I've never played tennis in my life?

A: Sleep tennis, sleep pickleball, or sleep badminton. Do you wake up tired?

Q: What does dreaming of an alligator or crocodile mean?
P E Dant

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2024 05:47 pm
@coluber2001,
Laughing ^

coluber - Q: What does dreaming of an alligator or crocodile mean?

A: Depends on the gender of the dreamer! (F: - Shoes, handbags, purse - M: - Shoes, belts, wallets)

Q: Why is a slice of bacon called a 'rasher'?

coluber2001

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 11:39 am
@P E Dant,
Q: Why is a slice of bacon called a 'rasher'?

A: Because it's quickly prepared without thinking and without much effort. It's a rash decision to have a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich.

Q: Why did snakes lose their legs?
Glennn

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 01:49 pm
@coluber2001,
Q: Why did snakes lose their legs?

A: Bad gambling habit.

Q: What is the best way to observe the coming solar eclipse?
coluber2001

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 02:19 pm
@Glennn,
Q: What is the best way to observe the coming solar eclipse?

A: Buy it. You can see it and eat it too.

Q: What's the scariest Australian animal?

https://www.chewboom.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/Krispy-Kreme-Introduces-New-Total-Solar-Eclipse-Doughnut-Available-April-5-Through-April-8-2024-678x381.jpg
Glennn

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 02:31 pm
@coluber2001,
Q: What's the scariest Australian animal?

A: The one that no one sees until it's too late; no one who's seen it has lived to describe it.

Q: Why the yellow line on the road?
P E Dant

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 05:26 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn - Q: Why the yellow line on the road?

A: The line is yellow because they ('The Powers That Be') wanted to somehow celebrate Dorothy Gale's adventures, but couldn't afford yellow bricks (which signify 'the path to enlightenment and freedom') - the purpose of the line is to halve the road equally between those coming and those going on the aforementioned path to enlightenment and freedom

Q: Why doesn't somebody breed snakes with sheep so that the sheep shed their wool automatically?
Glennn

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 07:44 pm
@P E Dant,
Q: Why doesn't somebody breed snakes with sheep so that the sheep shed their wool automatically?

A: Because they would also be venomous, have fangs to deliver that venom, and, most importantly, run as fast as most adults and ALL children.

Q: Why do magnets push against each other?
coluber2001

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 12:43 pm
@Glennn,

Q: Why do magnets push against each other?

A: The Buddhist philosophy says the difference is the identity, so the opposites (+ & -} are one (attraction) , and the similarities (+ & +) are two (repulsion).

Q: What was Cinderella's job?
Glennn

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 12:55 pm
@coluber2001,
Q: What was Cinderella's job?

A: She was the daughter of a French spy who forced her to pose as a house-girl to uncover a prostitution ring.

Q: Where did the phrase "I've been framed" originate?
coluber2001

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 04:11 pm
@Glennn,
Q: Where did the phrase "I've been framed" originate?

A: In 1405, in a Florentine picture framing shop, a worker accidentally nailed himself to a frame he was constructing and became the butt of jokes. "Have you been framed lately?"

Q: Who draws the line in the sand?
P E Dant

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 05:41 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber - Q: Who draws the line in the sand?

A: The ice-cream van concession holder - cross the line before you are called and it is an automatic 'No Ice-Cream For YOU!'

Q: We are still at the beach - What is the significance of '98lbs' when discussing 'weaklings' - that is a very specific weight note! NOT 97lbs or 99lbs but specifically 98lbs!
Glennn

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2024 03:13 pm
@P E Dant,
Q: We are still at the beach - What is the significance of '98lbs' when discussing 'weaklings' - that is a very specific weight note! NOT 97lbs or 99lbs but specifically 98lbs!

A: The 98lb reference comes from an ad in comic books from the sixties and seventies. The guy who placed that ad was selling an instruction manual illustrating how to deal with bullies after he had sand kicked in his face at the beach in front of his girlfriend. That guy just happened to have weighed 98lbs.

Little known fact: After the sand had been kicked in the guy's face, his girlfriend who weighed 96lbs kicked the ass of the sand-kicker.

He never forgave her for that . . .

Q: Is there significance to why milk is white?
P E Dant

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2024 04:55 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn - Q: Is there significance to why milk is white?

A: Aesthetics... purple milk, while undoubtably possessing all the properties of any other coloured milk (when fresh), would clash with the subtle tones of breakfast cereals; we are reluctant to mention black milk, what with the pleasing aspect of white milk when mixed with strawberry syrup in a milkshake... No, no other colour will do for milk, it has to be white, and Mother Nature ordered it so

Q: Are doughnuts failed bagels?
coluber2001

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2024 05:07 pm
@P E Dant,
Q: Are doughnuts failed bagels?

A: Without a doubt. When all else fails, cover it with sugar. It's something like replacing fame with celebrity.

Q: What Australian animal is most beloved by people?
P E Dant

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2024 12:54 am
@coluber2001,
coluber - Q: What Australian animal is most beloved by people?

A: According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics it is the chicken - there is more chicken eaten in Australia than any other animal; in fact, it is double the amount of pork; then comes aged beef, followed by veal with sheep meat at No 4 - there is very little Koala, Emu, Kangaroo or Drop Bear eaten in Australia

Q: Warthogs (Phacochoerus africanus) are named thus for a reason... Why then are the females of the species also called warthogs?

Glennn

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2024 09:32 am
@P E Dant,
Q: Warthogs (Phacochoerus africanus) are named thus for a reason... Why then are the females of the species also called warthogs?

A: Believe it or not, it was the females of the species who petitioned the powers that be to let the name "warthog" represent both male and female of their species. They cited the overly repulsive sound of "Wartsow" as justification. The judge chuckled and granted their request. And today you are guilty of a hate crime if you call them Wartsows. Brave new world.

Q: Why did someone decide to make a cuckoo clock?
P E Dant

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2024 06:15 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn - Q: Why did someone decide to make a cuckoo clock?

A: Revenge! The cuckoo clock made its first appearance in the year 1750 at a town called Schönwald in the Black Forest, Germany. You can read about it here...

https://clocks.com.au/the-history-of-the-cuckoo-clock/

You will note, however, that no names are given for the inventor! We at 'Dant Horological History' can reveal that the inventor's name was Johannes Lang Ding... little Hans was tormented cruelly at school on account of his very big feet... all the other little boys laughed and laughed, but the little girls knew better and watched little Hans' growth and maturity with interest... 'Hans' became Johannes and trained as a clock-maker... he was extremely popular with the hausfraus in his village... all the little boys of Johannes childhood married all the little girls of Johannes' childhood and Johannes ticked the girls off one by one as he added notches to his workbench... one day Johannes decided that it was time to get his revenge and he invented the cuckoo clock... Johannes gave one of his clocks to each of his past conquests and made one for each of his future conquests, or, as sometimes happened, reconquests... here you will need to now look up the origin of the word cuckold and all will become clear... revenge is a dish best eaten cold, and Johannes took his time Mr. Green

Q: Now look at this! And tell me why! The plural of the word 'minute' (the measurement of time) is 'minutes' and yet the plural of the word 'minute' (meaning 'small', 'tiny') is 'minutiae'! Why is it so?