Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2022 09:25 pm
@glitterbag,
I think I've heard of it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2022 10:36 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I'm not feeling very entertained right now, my right wrist is aching. Can you get carpal tunnel distress from typing too much?

Maybe you should try typing my way - With two fingers.
Mame

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2022 09:55 am
@edgarblythe,
Of course you can, GB. I spent years dealing with CT at work with unergonomic desk situations. For years I had a lump on the underside of both wrists that were the size of half a boiled egg. When the ergonomics improved, they eventually subsided. I also had excruciating pain from the bottom of both sides of my neck up to my ears that, again, was only relieved when my situation improved.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2022 09:38 pm
I've been spending much of my time tidying the yard after a quirky winter. Got it mostly done. I think if I run the lawnmower in the part of the front yard fenced away from the driveway tomorrow it will be fine until the growing season starts.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2022 10:00 pm
@Mame,
"I also had excruciating pain from the bottom of both sides of my neck up to my ears that, again, was only relieved when my situation improved.".........I had the same thing, but it was when I was married to my first husband.............it felt so good when it over (marriage thing stuff).
BillW

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2022 11:46 pm
@glitterbag,
stress pain
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2022 04:24 pm
I don't watch many new movies and when I do I don't get much out of most. I don't see myself as a snob. I know part of it is my inability to follow some of the dialog. Mostly the approach to telling their stories is not appealing to me. When they almost invariably bog down I fall asleep, only to awaken in time to see the final scene.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 11:20 am
@edgarblythe,
I am sitting in a hair salon, waiting for my hairdresser and there is a young woman in the corner of the shop watching and listening to some soap opera at a high volume. This is just great, when I leave I will pay the stylist a boat load of money (which she deserves, I love her) but I will have been stuck in a chair listening to some brain dead dialogue for 90+ minutes ARGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, oh wait a minute, somebody just came to get her and wash her hair........Phewwww, I was worried.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 11:23 am
@glitterbag,
Now, Oxydol's own Ma Perkins.
(organ music)
glitterbag

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 11:56 am
@edgarblythe,
Wow, Oxydol!!!!!!!!! That's an oldie!!!!1
glitterbag

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 11:59 am
@glitterbag,
Is it something new???? Somebody else just came in with a iPhone tuned into some 'comedy' channel, I guess. Is there a law against earbuds now??? Crap!!!!!!!
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 12:08 pm
@glitterbag,
I was five playing in the yard and frequently heard bits of Ma Perkins and Just Plain Bill through an open window. Pretty sure they came in 15 minute daily episodes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 04:22 pm
@glitterbag,
It must be your location. I don't run into such things.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 05:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've never seen this in a salon before.......I didn't like it one bit.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2022 06:58 pm
I bought a new sleep mask because it's too warm to cover my head with a comfort blanket now. If I hook the band over my ears it slips up over my head. If under it slides down. I solved it by putting it over one ear and under the other. After some adjustment it works fine.

This morning I awakened in this darkness and while trying to get a little more sleep had a flashback to a dark night after a storm, fifty-five years ago. Brother Sam and I had to do an errand somewhere and that required driving through San Leon. Sam explained to me how a San Leon cop had it in for him and always pulled him over. Sure enough we were stopped. The cop walked all around the car. He saw that a headlamp was busted. Because it was daylight I don't think we were in line for a ticket. The cop said when did this happen. Sam said, "On the way over here." Cop: "It looks to cleaned out to have just happened." Sam: "I cleaned it out." After about fifteen minutes of this we were allowed to proceed.

With our mission accomplished we turned toward home. Sam decided to take the roundabout way that misses San Leon. Dark had descended on us and we had to be careful driving a hill country road so soon after a violent storm. I didn't know this route but Sam was intimately familiar with it.

As we approached the bridge about midway, Sam stopped the car. "It's too dark. I can't tell if the bridge got washed out."

We got out and walked up to the bridge, but it was a cloudy night. All was pitch darkness. After we stood there for several minutes we still did not know what to do. The a huge ball of lightning lit up the entire landscape for a long moment. We saw perfectly that the entire bridge was missing. We also saw that if either of us had taken a single step closer we would have gotten intimate with some huge rocks fifteen or twenty feet below a sheer drop-off.

Reviewing this bit of history had me wide awake, so I got up about an hour early.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2022 07:39 pm
We managed to slip through San Leon without incident. Likely the cop I wrote about was off duty.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2022 03:59 pm
In the daily mail was an AARP petition for my state representatives, urging no cuts to Social Security. I signed in three places and intend sending it back. But they also wanted a donation. I don't trust any petition that makes a donation request but I send the signed forms on the off chance they really will deliver them. I no longer trust even supposed benign organizations.
roger

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2022 05:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
There are two organizations I've dropped in the past twenty years. AARP and NRA. I got way too many solicitations from both, including credit card applications, life insurance, health insurance, and pleas for renewal - sometimes as soon as six weeks after a previous renewal. I just came away with a negative impression of my value to them.

Are Social Security benefits supposed to be in doubt? Since we've paid into it since our first paycheck, it's hardly a gift.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2022 06:05 pm
@roger,
Some politicians have schemes to end SS. Trump started a program that seems meant to privatize it, with Biden allowing it to continue. But I think they are mostly afraid to end it, just going to chip away at it.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2022 06:31 pm
@roger,
Florida Senator Rick Scott has an "11-Point Plan to Rescue America," in which "all federal legislation sunsets in 5 years. If a law is worth keeping, Congress can pass it again," Point 6, line 7.

Fox News' John Roberts brought up the potential for the plan to lead to the elimination of Social Security and Medicate to Scott in an interview and Scott proceeded to pivot, dismissing it as "Democratic talking points." Roberts pointed out to him that that was the exact wording of the plan, but Scott continued to pivot, dismissing it as "Democratic talking points."