I'll just entertain myself

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2022 06:52 pm
The front knocked out the power for two hours. We had a nice peanut butter sandwiches candlelight dinner.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2022 10:11 am
umbleebable:

Singer Dolly Parton receives $100m award from Amazon’s Jeff Bezos
Ragman

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2022 10:25 am
@edgarblythe,

That’s very heartwarming! Thanks for sharing!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2022 07:19 am
@izzythepush,
Love this. Going back for more later.

izzythepush wrote:

You're not watching the right stuff.

Diane Morgan is the comic, Cunk is a persona.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnTO32IWYwU[/youtube]
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2022 07:38 am
@edgarblythe,
She started off as a talking head on Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2022 02:35 pm
Buying laundry detergent: If you have to look at the price you can't afford to get any. What should I do? Shower with my clothes on? How can I keep the floor dry?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2022 11:14 pm
I've had an earworm for about three days. Back in the 50s a song made a brief splash on the charts, then seemingly vanished forever. But it hung in my mind in a back closet, ready to break out when I least expected it. -

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2022 08:06 am
My favorite author of western novels was Frederick Faust. Faust wrote mostly under pen names, but today is primarily known by only one, Max Brand. Others include George Owen Baxter, George Evans, David Manning, John Frederick, Evan Evans, Peter Morland, George Challis, and Frederick Frost.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2022 04:33 pm
My wife is more and more walking without a walker. Yesterday she experimented with a cane. We went into town and ate dinner yesterday. She can get in and out of the car on her own. Monday they are likely to remove the 13 stitches.
roger

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2022 05:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thanks. It's good to hear good news.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2022 10:37 pm
I resent the way Google censors my searches so often. Instance: I wanted to price silver wires for my colloidal silver generator. Google puts up a notice that it's an unsafe search and wants me to tap the button that says back to safety. I could override the warning, but just to play it ultra safe I shut down the browser and used Brave for my search. Brave took me there no problem.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2022 10:56 pm
Another example of Google censoring me: The site from Guayaquil, where I buy certain products monthly, Google signs me out of the site as soon as I sign in. Has been for at least two or three years. Tonight the site gets an immediate notice to wait for the page to open and instantly puts up the notice again if I click to wait. As with the other example I have to do my business using Brave. After getting these notices to wait, I went to Brave and instantly got in. And stayed logged in.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2022 11:02 pm
Didn't get my comic strip fix today. Go Comics is reconstructing the site this weekend.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2022 11:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
I have noticed that Google has become much more conservative with their warnings. Wonder if it is because they have lost a few lawsuits?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2022 11:14 pm
@BillW,
I don't search out information on Google, just going by personal experience. The only reason I stick with Google at all is because they sign me out of some Google based websites, such as my blog, when I go there with Brave.
BillW

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2022 11:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've never really heard of Brave before now. I don't really trust anything on the internet. It's all jihad a great big Ponzi scheme - bait and switch. I've been off Facebook for years now. Never got on Twitter because I thought it was the worst!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2022 12:04 am
@BillW,
Brave seems to be tied in with Duck Duck Go. It allows you to browse without all of the ads popping in.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2022 12:08 am
@BillW,
I consider the net is being used to control and keep tabs on us. My Twitter activity is in great part aimed at drawing attention to my stories. Facebook keeps me in touch with people I otherwise would lose all connection to. Tiktok I refuse to consider.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2022 09:27 am
Avast, me hearties. Could ye be telling me what day 'tis? Arrr; it's not Talk Like a Pirate Day. I just thought ye might tell me what day 'tis.
BillW

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2022 09:33 am
@edgarblythe,
That's absurd!
0 Replies