I'll just entertain myself

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2022 06:38 pm
@InfraBlue,
There are enough people with nutty ideas like Scott that if they all got one unified plan going they might actually put through a plan to fatally cripple SS.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2022 06:41 pm
@InfraBlue,
This has not changed in my lifetime. Repukes have always believed No 1 that the middle class on down should live like Dicksonian times. They would much prefer an Indian Caste systems of layered society with a large untoucheable layer!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2022 02:20 am
@glitterbag,
You could walk over to her sink and waterboard her, right? An ounce of prevention.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2022 06:29 am
My wife and I each got calls from a number we did not recognize so didn't answer it. They left voice messages after we didn't respond. The calls were from neurologists from Herman Hospital, advising how to call for an appointment. Has to be mistaken identity. We don't have any dealings with such people and have never been to that hospital. Maybe I'm missing something here, maybe not.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2022 08:56 am
Although many people believe there is a motive, even if well hidden, when telling jokes, some of us joke at times just to have a healthy laugh and no other reasons involved.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2022 09:09 am
Screwie what's going on in our society. Houston: Off duty cop last night gets in shootout with three catalytic converter thieves. He badly wounds two but is himself killed and the third thief got away.

Catalytic thefts is the fastest growing enterprise in our area. Why it is still legal for scrap yards to buy used converters in light of what's happening I can't figure.

Then there is the matter of bonds set for dangerous criminals. No matter the bond amount they seem to walk almost immediately. Last night's news reported a man arrested over two separate murders. Bond: $1 mil. He immediately makes bond. But he has to stay home and wear an ankle bracelet you might mention. So what. A man wearing one of those caused a fatality accident on the freeway the other day.

Every news day mentions the latest hit and run and the latest road rage shooting.

I'm just skimming here. It's actually much worse than the picture I'm presenting.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2022 09:27 pm
My fifty five year old son in law had a birthday today. I wished him a happy 60th. He showing anxiety over approaching old age. I figured I should kid with him. He will gradually get used to the notion. Well, not used; just resigned.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2022 03:55 pm
Went to the veteran's cemetery yesterday to visit the wife's parents and leave a decoration for spring and Easter. I'm too old to drive to Corpus Christi anymore, where most of my deceased is interred, so I let this kind of visit be for them also. On the way back we stopped for hamburgers. Only two workers were on duty. They told us that workers rarely show up anymore. Even the manager stayed away. At first we were advised to go through the drive through. Then he relented and unlocked the door. We were the only customers I even saw. The one guy kept saying, "Nobody wants to work anymore." I kind of understand the sentiment, since most places don't pay too well. What I don't understand is how workers can not work and still survive. There's a double negative here.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2022 09:03 am
Missing my friend Albuquerque. I had only just gotten to know him well when he quit posting.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2022 09:44 pm
Spring cleaning. My work is cut out. The entire house needs it. I started in the kitchen today. No place to put a lot of this crap. I will persevere.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2022 10:49 am
Milestone. The people who have been blaming me for all their life problems have vacated their house. Already a man is working to clean the place up. The plus in this: They will not be there to glare at me each and every time they see me in the yard and they will have farther to come to vandalize. The negative: At least I knew where to find them in case I ever needed to point the cops at them. They leave a poisoned section of neighborhood to assault me with their cars and help with the vandalism. So I am not able to relax at all.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 06:03 am
During the thirty plus years that I've lived here the roads have gone from near country to jam-packed with cars and trucks, the property about 90% developed. The stretch between my neighborhood and Tomball was especially insulated, seemingly, because the run of it follows railroad tracks. Only one side had potential for development. This property was eventually divided into four acre plots and soon had expensive homes on every one of those sites. One house fits my definition of a mansion. They had the luxury of country style living just minutes away from the city. Then the cruel hoax of of it became apparent when they suddenly jammed residential neighborhoods right up against these places, coming in from the highway on the far side. The mansion has gone up for sale. I found that they initially asked over a million for it. Now it's considerably less. Not only are the houses on their backside plainly visible when driving by, but the road they live on now also stays full of endless streams of heavy traffic. Such is life in the Houston area.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 12:23 pm
PLAY BALL!!!!!
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 01:04 pm
@BillW,
Speaking of balls, I thought Tiger would spend his waning years in a wheelchair. Hoodathunk he would play in this year's Masters?
BillW

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 01:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
It is amazing, but I'm pretty sure he will only be playing a very few tournaments each year.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 01:34 pm
@BillW,
I don't see him winning any major tournaments but I cheer his tenacity.
BillW

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 01:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
He is quit amazing!
BillW

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 11:44 pm
@BillW,
ASTROS WIN!!!!!! ASTROS WIN!!!!! ASTROS WIN!!!!!

Houston sets a modern Major League Baseball record by winning their opening game for the last ten years in a row. The last time this was accomplished was in the late 1800's.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2022 06:08 am
@BillW,
I had been a Yankees fan from early childhood. Mainly because Fresno radio only ever mentioned Yankees, Dodgers and occasionally the GIants.. Now that the Astros have come into their own they are my team to follow.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2022 08:41 am
Where does it hurt? Let me put salve on it. Can't guarantee it won't happen again. Repeatedly.
0 Replies