I'll just entertain myself

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 06:25 am
Browsing TV yesterday I came on a TV show so old it had Frank Gorshin as a high school boy and Chuck Conners as the local police officer. Don't know the name of it. It had the obligatory car scene, where two cars race at one another until the other one chickens out. I wouldn't have watched it but I always watch these oldies at least once when I come across them, just to look for familiar faces.
BillW

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 01:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hot Rod Girl, and his appellation was Flat Top. I remembered the movie but forget the title, so looked it up. I am the same way as you with the old B movies. Gotta see who's in them I know.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 02:12 pm
@BillW,
Okay, I remember seeing Hot Rod girl on the screen.

On Have Gun Will Travel, there's a kid played by John Travolta.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2022 06:22 am
@BillW,
In doing that I sometimes discover people I watched dozens of times without noticing. Mort Mills for instance made hundreds of appearances in everything from westerns to the Three Stooges and Psycho. He was talented but not star material. I had no idea who he was until a few years back I noticed he was in almost every old series at least once.
BillW

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2022 02:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't recognize him or his name, but I will be looking for him.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2022 03:09 pm
@BillW,
In Psycho he was the cop that pulled her over early in the movie. I recently watched him in both Wanted Dead or Alive and Have Gun Will Travel.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2022 05:51 pm
Even Moderate Ambient Light During Sleep Is Harmful – Increases Risk for Heart Disease and Diabetes

https://scitechdaily.com/even-moderate-ambient-light-during-sleep-is-harmful-increases-risk-for-heart-disease-and-diabetes/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2022 09:18 pm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2022 09:36 pm
Not to be obsessive or anything. Here is Mort Mills in a Three Stooges film. He's the guy that kicks the doors down when it is starting.

BillW

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2022 11:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
I kinda recognize Mort now. That little diddy has a few more stars in it also.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 05:59 am
@BillW,
Batman for instance.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 06:48 am
Turned on my phone just now. The scam purportedly from the jail, where they want you to hang up and dial star whatever, kept calling repeatedly, less than five minutes apart. Finally had to turn it off. So if Publisher's Clearing House decides to call to award my millions they are SOL. Not answering to anyone for a while.
Ragman

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 07:55 am
@edgarblythe,
Why not block the number?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 09:55 am
@Ragman,
It uses different numbers each time.
Ragman

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 04:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
That’s true. Sad, that the charter of FCC covers this but the don’t do their job by preventing this crap from happening repeatedly.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 05:35 pm
@Ragman,
Those scammers drive me nuts.........Has anybody else gotten calls from 'grandchildren"? Those are my favorite.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 05:41 pm
@Ragman,
That's just a bureaucracy to gather taxpayers' money by making empty promises.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 05:42 pm
@glitterbag,
I remember that scam from way back. Haven't noticed it lately. But that may be because I try to not respond if I don't recognize the caller.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 07:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's still going on, they are relentless. That's why I sometimes pretend I know them and engage in conversation. It starts with "Grandma?" in a pathetic voice, I answer "hello sweetie, what's new with you?" Grandchild: " I'm in New York Grandma, I was attending a wedding"......Grandmom: "Oh great, did you have a good time?", grandson answers: "Well, I was in a car accident"......that's when I start talking panicky "OH NO, ARE YOU OK, DID ANYBODY GET HURT, ARE YOU IN THE HOSPITAL????".......this is when 'grandchild' assures me he's ok, but he was arrested because he had a few drinks, and he needs money for his lawyer or bondsman or something....and please don't tell Dad, or Mom, or anybody else because 'grandma' is the only one he trusts. I have followed up with various answers, one, I tell them that his Dad or Mom is sitting at the kitchen table with me and obviously knows....sometimes I ask them why didn't you call your brother, the lawyer...he can fix this in a minute and a half. Sometimes I tell them that I'll call right back after I ask Grandpa for the money. The last two times I just asked, Sweetie, did you get locked up again?

I haven't done it lately, it's getting boring so I usually just hang up. Plus, I'm running out of ideas, sighhhhhhhhh.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 08:26 pm
@glitterbag,
I've thought of stringing some of these jerks, but no longer have the patience. The calls I get lately mostly come in both texts and calls. They want me to let them quote a price for my house. I know my house isn't worth five dollars, but the land it sits on has potential. We are in the middle of all this commercial frenzy. My property is unique of all in the neighborhood. There's just one exit onto a major artery and there is no traffic light. We rely on the kindness of drivers to let us come and go. But behind my house is a cul de sac. The neighborhood with the cul de sac has a traffic light plus multiple exits. I don't know that it will happen that they want to open it up, but who knows?
0 Replies