I'll just entertain myself

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 12:33 am
Today was better. Wednesday is grocery day. There were no new surprises this time.

My wife complained of headaches and sore throat even when over the Covid. One night she felt so terrible she went to bed a couple of hours early. I let her sleep until nine AM. But I worried about her enough to go in and check on her. She lay so still I had flashes of the times as a maintenance man I walked in on a dead person. She was not asleep, but unconscious. I worked on reviving her until she finally responded. A short time later she was up and about her usual routine. After a few more days of having headaches and sore throat she became well enough that she hasn't complained or coughed. Hopefully things are better now.
Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 06:48 am
@edgarblythe,
Ed is she taking vitamin C moderately (avoid supervitaminosis) and honey? Try that ED it helps a little.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 08:10 am
@Albuquerque,
She takes vitamin C. plus eats food with vitamin C, such as oranges. She likes sweet food but avoids honey for whatever reason, even though I always have some here. Can't make her take it.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 09:16 pm
I recall reading a page written by Roald Dahl and feeling actual jealousy because I had not thought of it first.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 12:22 am
@edgarblythe,
As I am sure you know honey is a natural antibiotic...tell her that and put it on tea, maybe she will change her mind Ed! Every little bit counts..oh almost forgot, yoghurt to!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 12:30 am
@Albuquerque,
She eats yogurt. She has such a sweet tooth I don't understand why she won't eat honey. In the 45 years I've known her she has never put honey in her mouth. She eats a good selection of vegetables, meat, fruit, berries, some nuts, fish. Beats me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 07:05 am
@Albuquerque,
I am having honey this morning before breakfast, with crushed garlic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 09:31 am
The Ancient Millennial ⏳
@TAMillennial
·
13h
Sherlock Holmes has gone from coke sniffing, violin playing, sassy misogynist that is difficult to like to a smoking hot, socially awkward stud that you can't help but love.

Fascinating.
BillW

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 09:45 am
@edgarblythe,
....he also shot and/or smoked opium for years.......

Edit: I find after a brief research that apparently Holmes usage was only of the hard drug cocaine. I could find no opium or heroin usage.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 09:53 am
@BillW,
Conan Doyle hated him.
BillW

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 10:04 am
@izzythepush,
izzy, can you elaborate a little on that, ie, why, in what way etc. I am interested!
izzythepush

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 10:13 am
@BillW,
My son is The Holmes fan, he told me that towards the end Conan Doyle hated being asked about him and only him.
BillW

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 10:21 am
@izzythepush,
I can see that, thanks! I have read a lot of Holmes and forgot even more!
izzythepush

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 10:25 am
@BillW,
He was quite active around my neck of the woods attending séances and the like.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 10:29 am
Holmes is the kind of unique character that takes on a life of his own beyond that of the author. There are many who believe him to be historical rather than literary. I've read most of Doyle's Holmes stories. I recall he killed him off but had to revive him in a later work.
BillW

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 10:34 am
@edgarblythe,
It seems I remember him being missing at one time for a while. Then Watson going down to the Chinese district and pulling him out of an Opium den. He explained to Watson that he had been involved in some extended research.

Of course, this could just be some mental creation of my own?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 10:39 am
@BillW,
My memory is weak, but something like that did happen.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 10:40 am
BTW, is Carlos Correa gone for sure? I read that he sold his house. I hole it isn't the hated Yankees, I could settle on the Cubs.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 11:14 am
@BillW,
I saw speculation that the Yankees have the money. I don't get why he would leave the Astros, but I am no baseball expert.
Albuquerque

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 12:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well I guess I am getting old here...I loved the first series of Sherlock Holmes and hated the new millennial version of it!

The flawed yet flawless old Holmes was way more interesting character and less Hollywood then the new one...