I'll just entertain myself

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 09:28 am
@edgarblythe,
It would help to have the same product being sold at a lower price.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 09:48 am
@Brandon9000,
It would help but the monopolies don't compete they collude.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 06:14 pm
I'm stalled in my latest work in progress (WIP). It calls for a new character, who is to become a major actor. Until I formulate his appearance and character I won't be able to proceed much more. I think I'm close.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 08:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
Don't let the woodpecker find out where you live. Those buggers did a lot of damage to a tree in the back.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 08:40 pm
@glitterbag,
When I worked at the apartments we had a ginormous willow tree at the mouth of the retainer pond. It looked to have been planted by sticking a handful of them together in the dirt. It was beautiful. The woodpeckers came and nested in it. In about six months the tree had to be removed.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 08:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
The tree in my yard is a willow. The tree is very large now and during one of our winter freezes a large branch cracked and fell in the snow. We had to have some one prune it back, but they left about 2 feet of the cracked limb intact. After a few years, the woodpeckers drilled that damaged branch for about 3 days until there was nothing left. I just assumed the peckers didn't like the taste of the rest of the tree. It would break my heart to lose that tree.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 08:52 pm
@glitterbag,
I was told back then that a woodpecker tears into damaged or badly infested trees but that they aren't as destructive with healthy trees. True or false I don't know.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 09:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
They chewed off the entire mini stump, rapid fast. I was stunned how fast they moved.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 10:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
There are more insects under the bark of damaged and dead bark than under healthy live bark. And, when building a home, it is much easier work on damaged or dead trees. Therefore, I would assume your statement is true edgar.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 10:37 pm
@BillW,
Makes sense.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2022 09:59 am
Some years back, a brother-in-law's house began to show symptoms of a possible haunting. Doors opening, unexplained noises, something frightening the dog. I can't remember it all anymore. I'm not sure what they ultimately were thinking about it. But it turned out the house sits on a fault line. That was the cause of all or most of these happenings. After that they have never mentioned it, so I suppose the symptoms either vanished or they learned to ignore them.
Albuquerque

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2022 10:14 am
@edgarblythe,
The ghosts got scared once they learned people knew were they were coming from... Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2022 10:14 pm
Been watching kickboxing on Saturn TV when I need to unplug and cease thinking. After a short time I fall asleep in my chair. A thing about kickboxing that eartates me is sometimes one kicks the other in his goodies. To me that's cause enough to postpone the fight to another day. Watched one where one got kicked there twice. Naturally he lost the match.
Albuquerque

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2022 12:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
You watching kick-boxing? Now that is new!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2022 01:21 pm
@Albuquerque,
I don't know any of them by name. It merely disconnects my mind and puts me to sleep. Plus I enjoy the occasional contest when both contestants are in good form. Nothing wrong with sports competitiveness.
Albuquerque

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2022 02:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Not criticizing Ed just surprised that it makes you sleep...kick-boxing is a bit to much for my taste when I am in a mood to watch a mindless fight for white noise...I rather just do with good old fashioned box. Full contact is harsh!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2022 02:15 pm
Maybe I like it because of the bullies I've known in my life. Sort of letting off some pressure caused by it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2022 02:26 pm
I watched several of Muhammed Ali's fights on youtube this week. I used to wonder how his career might have gone if he had not been forcibly laid off for three years after resisting the draft. Those were some of his best years.
Mame

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2022 02:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
I can't watch anything physical like that. Seeing their heads snap back in slo-mo... terrible thing to do to someone or have done to you. Isn't that why he was basically a vegetable his last years? The man couldn't even talk.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2022 03:18 pm
@Mame,
He, like a number of physically ambitious athletes didn't know when to quit. Happens in football and other sports too. JJ Watt is an outstanding specimen, but he works so hard at it he gets hurt and has to sit out for months. I don't condone overdoing it in sports or any other physical activities.