I'll just entertain myself

Mame

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 12:36 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Yesterday I saw a girl in the grocery store with about 8 lip piercings. It took all I had inside me to refrain from attraching a shower curtain!

Almost spit out my coffee! Shower curtain - lol - I can just picture what that would look like.
roger

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 01:43 pm
@Mame,
And to think that 15 or 20 years ago, I considered pierced ears a type of self mutilation.
Mame

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 02:02 pm
@roger,
Yeah, pierced ears was considered "fast" back in the day. I saw a guy whose lobes were enormous and stuffed with a huge whatever it was - earring, I suppose. It looked tribal, actually. African.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 02:29 pm
@Mame,
Time was you couldn't get many jobs with all that but I don't think it hinders them today.
Mame

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 02:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ditto with tattoos. I want to see those inked up people 30 years from now Smile I'm not talking about one or two, but whole arms, legs, torsos.

https://www.boredpanda.com/funny-worst-tattoo-fails/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 02:54 pm
@Mame,
You want to see when the battleship sank.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 03:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
There was also a time when noone would do tattoos on the hands. Now, they are on necks and faces. And top of a shaved head!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 05:16 pm
When I was in grammar school they didn't mind hitting you without consulting the parents. The first time it happened to me the vice principal was substituting my class. She came around checking to see if we printed our names where she told us to on the piece of paper. When she saw my name placed differently she swung a stick at my hand. I hadn't noticed she had the stick until that instant. My reflex action pulled the hand away. She missed the first swing but caught me with a second. It didn't hurt much, but it created within me a lifetime of not liking or respecting that person. I didn't get swatted much. One of my brothers was paddled until he had sores on his backside. I never gave schools permission to hit my kids.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 08:16 pm
Out of school this is what I first did to make a living. The picture shows two uncles and my older brother on the right.
https://scontent-hou1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/93380680_10220896547740124_3688357535431000064_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8631f5&_nc_ohc=wNuaeifbmhgAX8m9l5H&tn=pwDY-88ZE4523ymV&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.xx&oh=00_AT9j73Y0PQglMn8WW-mK_qKGtXOyfrY8VW7LgKopFzgzCg&oe=621DA8DF
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 09:27 pm
I didn't see my cousin on the far right.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 11:58 pm
I kept seeing people being called goats everywhere on the net it seemed. When I saw the story about Tom Brady retiring there was a sign in the picture calling him the goat. That's when it dawned on me. Goat means gravy on a toast. Glad that's cleared up.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2022 10:29 pm
The cold front is moving in. It's gonna be mighty cold for a while.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2022 11:04 pm
I just finished a second edit of Leaving Texas. Tomorrow I hope to start a final on it. After that I will make a draft of it on my blog. That's where Grammarly kicks in. It catches most misspellings and offers grammar suggestions, many of which are spot on.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2022 11:31 pm
Watching a cat video made me think of Cranston. A friend brought me this stray cat to keep. I was dubious, but called him Cranston and let him in. He was not shy but did not appear to bond. I remember him most because of an incident where I held up a cherry turnover to eat. As it came up Cranston leaped over my shoulder from behind. He grabbed a bite of cherry filling as he passed me by. He sat on the floor spitting it out. He would ask - demand - to be let out a few times a day and I obliged because I had him pegged for a street cat. After about a week he didn't return. I was fond of him but knew from the start our relationship might be brief.
Ragman

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2022 07:59 am
@edgarblythe,
Back in the days when I was the keeper of my two black cats, Bonkers and Meshuganeh, I had to expect the unexpected.

We were sitting around eating at the dinner table. I had some food on my fork and getting ready to put it in my mouth. I was talking to my wife and was waving my hand around for emphasis. My larger cat Bonkers then saw his opportunity to reach up with both paws and grab my arm and pull it down so he could have the morsel of chicken on the fork. After a few minutes we stopped raucously laughing.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2022 08:52 am
@Ragman,
I've had bad luck with cats because the environment of my home is not cat friendly. I moved from a home that was a target for cat dumpers with five adopted cats. When I was not home a man with a dog that trained next door turned the dog loose on my cats on the porch. Killed a few plus kittens. I moved to my present home and took some cats with me. I could not keep them indoors in a 14 foot mobile home. Just no room. So the neighborhood killed them off. I haven't had a cat now in 30 years.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2022 09:38 pm
This has been a relatively warm winter up until now. The temp is down to 28. I don't know how low it is going to be by morning. We should be okay barring unforeseen happenings.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2022 10:40 pm
It must be pretty bad out there. Ten car pile up somewhere. They just shut down highway 59.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2022 12:32 am
Ice on the porch. Supposed to be 24 degrees at 7 AM.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2022 08:23 am
It shows to be 27 degrees on the TV screen. Might be a degree or two less out here. But the power never went out and the coffee's brewing. Yippee.
0 Replies