I'll just entertain myself

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 09:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't see Asperger in you...I see a kind, emotionally mature, gentleman without pretensions or righteousness and lots of wisdom to share and not afraid of asking or doubting himself...a good example for me on how to grow old without bitterness!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 09:15 pm
@Albuquerque,
I was over fifty before I began to learn how to get around Aspergers for the most part. Simple things inspired fear and mutism. Have you ever felt fear as a fifty plus year old man to take your already driving daughter down to get her car inspected? Forcing yourself to move forward and speak in spite of near debilitating fear. Your voice coming out like you're chewing the man out instead of simply asking for an inspection. Naturally he gets upset and talks back in the same vein. We had to get a new tire and come back. By then I had settled down and we got it done without incident. People thought I was often angry because they did.t know what I was going through.
Mame

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 09:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
That does sound debilitating, edgar. Good for you for a) learning to live with it, and b) overcoming your fears.

Question for you and ABQ - what do your wives do when you're on here? I know in ABQ's case, she's not washing dishes or cooking... do they read? Walk the dog? Knit up a storm? Watch TV?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 09:22 pm
@Mame,
She has lots of friends on games and stuff. She works on puzzles.
Mame

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 09:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
My husband plays guitar, bridge, and is working on his bridge book, goes to blues clubs to listen, cooks, and sometimes consults on geology for a few companies. Also, he takes our dogs for a car ride to fast food establishments Smile

When I'm not on here, I'm cooking, making fabric wall hangings, painting, drawing, whittling (brand new), making liqueurs, gardening, shovelling snow (Mr. won't do it), reading, walking the ancient doggies... And what else do you do to fill your days?
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 09:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
I am on the opposite side of the spectrum as I never had fear of speaking my mind even when it was wise to speak what someone else want me to speak about and that goes for college to. I was always a wild card, a rebel, a contrarian which loved to play Devil's advocate and take a challenge in a debate. Way back when I had some promise and disappointed a bunch load of teachers who thought I had a future in the University...

Over the years my learning swapped from baroque formal to amateur and stoic and I turn inside to keep on learning...I think I took the right direction as the scope of my learning is far more free, creative, and without scholastic yes man politics in my way...I always had an inability to debate stupid people, it just doesn't suit me.

As for my fears well I am afraid of insanity sooner or later, half of what I think I cannot express it or debate with anyone as I have a language of my own...anyway there is nothing worth telling that I think is good news for our species either so staying mute is my new normal although I entertain myself with some pseudo Metaphysics and Ontology speculations...I have the vivid impression of being and living in a bad joke almost everyday.
My wife keeps me sane and down to Earth as alone I am not a practical person at all...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 09:46 pm
We walk, don't watch much TV, go through many routines with our hundred pound dog who gets more demanding the older he gets, I pick up the street trash, we drive places to pay bills instead of paying online, keeping this old mobile home from falling apart is a major project, we have a bigyard to care for - In short, nothing much.
Albuquerque

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 10:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh you have a mobile home...I would love to afford one and go From Portugal to Asia in it with wife and the cats. She drives but has a terrible sense of direction and sadly I cannot drive do to my very poor eye sight, plus I also don't have the means to sustain a proper Expedition RV.
If I could that would get me out of home to see some green and stop devouring documentaries morning to dust. Past couple of years I barely get out. When I go because I have to sort something important the sun burns my eyes as I am not used to sunlight any more.

The Internet has definitely became an addiction.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 10:20 pm
@Albuquerque,
I spend more time online than is healthy.
My home is called a mobile home because it was built on wheels. But it is not designed for road travel. It has been in this one spot over forty years. Here is an example of this type of home.
https://opb-opb-prod.cdn.arcpublishing.com/resizer/D6CjYLTGzduHzpv72u8IbyJQ14A=/767x0/smart/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/opb/BB5CZE2IPFCKRK625UV5ZV6SIE.jpg
Albuquerque

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 10:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh I see...I still like small houses..always did. Hopefully there is some green and nature around your house.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 10:34 pm
@Albuquerque,
I have fourteen 60 foot pines, several what we call gumballs, a bald cypress, mulberry, one oak, sycamore, pear - Plus lots of roses, banana trees, acacias, cactus - others. It's a constant fight to keep a kind of holly from taking over the yard. The neighborhood was built in a piece of a pine forest. Surrounding the neighborhood the last remnants of this forest are at this time being bulldozed for commerce.
Albuquerque

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 10:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
A clean mind, a nice wife, a loyal dog, a small cosy house, and nature!
Good friends on the web and I am sure IRL to. You are a lucky person!
Keep the place up, and exercising those muscles, take a long stroll in the early evening and soak it up all in, keep writing!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 10:47 pm
@Albuquerque,
We go to a park and walk around the lake while feeding ducks, geese, squirrels and birds. When the weather is bad we go to very large stores and walk in them.
Mame

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2022 03:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
We have a name for that - "mall-walking". There used to be a trend of people piling into malls in particularly cold cities and walking the inside perimeter to get some exercise.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2022 03:25 pm
@Mame,
The nearest mall is further than I care to drive, but Walmarts and Targets will serve. Unfortunately you find yourself saying I might as well buy this while I'm here.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2022 07:38 pm
We went for our walk this morning despite sprinkles in the air. It quit after a few minutes. Later, home, I picked up the street trash in a steady drizzle. Finished just in time. It has rained without pause since then. I've spent most of the day on the computer. I just turned the TV on to watch Bob hearts Abishola. Then it's back to editing.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 10:10 am
Yesterday I saw a girl in the grocery store with about 8 lip piercings. It took all I had inside me to refrain from attraching a shower curtain!
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 10:32 am
@jcboy,
Very Happy Laughing I find it hard to like piercings, but rarely let them know.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 10:49 am
@edgarblythe,
I don't like the one under the nose that looks like a bogie.

Whenever I see one I have an unconscious need to wipe my nose.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 12:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
I’m pretty much accepting of a lot of different look and styles, tattoos etc.; however, when at a checkout register when I see someone with nose piercings (especially between the nose … filtrum?), I move over to another register. When waited on by a waiter or waitress who has a tongue pierced I don’t look at them. I can’t. It’s unbearable to me.
0 Replies