I'll just entertain myself

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2022 10:16 am
Stared at the orange juice for an hour because it said concentrate.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2022 10:17 am
Borrowed that last from the internet.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2022 11:48 am
During cold weather, I've taken to microwaving empty coffee cups to keep the coffee hot longer.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2022 01:26 pm
I've just learned how to open a door, fascinating!... Very Happy
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2022 01:32 pm
@Albuquerque,
Very instructive. I wondered why I couldn't get inside the house the other day. Had to wait until my wife came outside and opened it long enough for me to slip in.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2022 07:33 am
Today was supposed to be the last hard freeze but the forecast now sets that for Sunday. Oh well. We can get through it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2022 08:13 am
People marveling that the Texas power grid has held - This cold spell is nowhere near what we experienced last year. There was a day last year I had to spend most of the day and all night under a pile of blankets so high that the weight was hard to bear.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2022 12:34 pm
My subscription to Vocal will end in a few days. They want nearly ten $ per month to renew. I don't see it when I can't stir up more visitors to my pages and their judges seem to not care for what I write in competitions and such. Seems like money down the drain. I will stay active there, just in a diminished capacity.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2022 02:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

People marveling that the Texas power grid has held - This cold spell is nowhere near what we experienced last year. There was a day last year I had to spend most of the day and all night under a pile of blankets so high that the weight was hard to bear.

Did you have fairly heavy rain before the freezing? That's what brings down powerlines and puts severe pressure grids!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2022 03:02 pm
@BillW,
We had a little rain in the beginning. There was power loss in areas that did have a lot.
BillW

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2022 03:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
It would have to be wide spread.to cause massive power failure. It's like dominos. I too have had power the entire time, lost power last year for three freezing days. But mine was localized power failure - took so long to fix because I am out in the country and all the people in the major population centers get fixed first.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2022 03:17 pm
@BillW,
We didn't lose power this time. Last year we only lost it for a day. But that day made me a believer in fixing the grid.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 10:31 am
As I get near to wrapping up my story, I fret over a few items. Lately I wonder if it was a mistake to let one character be named Derek. I am no stickler for precise history in an outright oater type fiction, but a mistake shouldn't be too egregious. I need to find out if the name was in use in that part of the world.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 10:42 am
@edgarblythe,
I'm watching Leicester v Nottingham Forest in the FACup. It's a local derby, but the sides rarely play, Leicester City is in the top league, Nottingham Forest are the league below. On paper it should be a walk in the park for Leicester but Forest are 3-0 up.

Real giant killing stuff, next up non league Boreham Wood are up against Bournemouth. If they win it will be a real upset.

No draws in the FA Cup if the scores are level after ninety minutes they play another half hour extra time, if still level after that penalty shoot outs.

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 12:58 pm
@izzythepush,
I love when underdog teams take on top tier teams and make them look bad.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 01:00 pm
I found a reference to Derek coming into use around 1880. My story is 1875. I think I can let it slide. It's not as though I'm writing an encyclopedia.
jcboy

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 03:20 pm
It's going to be cool tonight. I think I'll make some homemade beef stew for dinner Cool
glitterbag

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 03:29 pm
@jcboy,
That sounds delish!!!!!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 03:30 pm
@jcboy,
It's downright cold here lately. I try to have something hot and filling every evening.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 03:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's 34 degrees here in Annapolis.
0 Replies