I'll just entertain myself

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 07:49 am
re my last post - A good battery charger is the cost of a couple of batteries.
Mame

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 09:14 am
@edgarblythe,
I bought a car battery charger about 12 years ago. I've used it once, myself, and lent it to a few friends over the years - it cost me $100 - about the same as a new battery. I love it. I bought it because it can get so cold here and the car I had when I moved to Alberta didn't have a charging plug (I came from the Lower Mainland in BC where the climate is more temperate). It has certainly served its purpose.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 10:29 am
My wife's congestion is finally breaking up. Her perpetual headache is easing. Hoping tomorrow she will be approximately normal.
Joeblow

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 03:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
Glad you're ok. Hope she is soon. I would drop off home made chicken soup if I could.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 03:25 pm
@Joeblow,
Her sister dropped off soup, a puzzle and other stuff. Smile
Joeblow

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 03:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
See? Perfect. A little TLC Smile
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 04:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm sorry to hear you and your wife have been sick......hopefully you'll both be back to normal quickly.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 04:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Thanks, you two. I only felt sick for a few days. My wife is almost over it after I think 8 days.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 06:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
Glad to know you and your wife are back to normal Ed!
Stay safe, be careful, and take care!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 06:47 pm
@Albuquerque,
Thank you. Tomorrow should be a great day for both of us.
Mame

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 07:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
Great news, edgar. Are you going to do something special for the poor woman? Like make her breakfast? Or at least a cuppa?
Albuquerque

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 07:25 pm
@Mame,
Sometime ago I started cleaning the dishes more frequently after dinner as I like that done fast right after and you know what I got? My wife told me to my face I was invading the kitchen and taking over...now I am back doing the dishes occasionally because as she explained me if "I still love her" I'd let her do it for me in her own timing...

There are some intelligent gals around I would love some input here!
Mame

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 07:29 pm
@Albuquerque,
lol... exactly what is 'her own timing". Hopefully, the same day. Smile
Albuquerque

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 07:33 pm
@Mame,
She teaches piano and lyric singing...she comes home nocked out in the evening. She goes to bed early and wakes up earlier...I am on the opposite side of the spectrum I tend to prefer the silence of the night and sleep in the morning. So it is not the first time she fells asleep without doing the dishes...and when I decided to help her she took it as silent criticism. It was not.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 08:26 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Great news, edgar. Are you going to do something special for the poor woman? Like make her breakfast? Or at least a cuppa?

She used to work in a school cafeteria. So I took it on myself to see she doesn't continue to cook after getting off. I cook all our dinners and on Sunday I prepare a nice breakfast for two. The rest of the time we fend for ourselves. Which is good, because we don't eat all the same stuff those times.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 08:28 pm
Sometimes we do the dishes and such together but I do it the most.
Albuquerque

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 08:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
I am with Dulce for almost 18 years now...couldn't imagine my life without her.
Still don't know what she saw in me but she was a blessing in my path. She lightens up my day and makes the world have some sense where alone I would see none. Our small discussions die pretty quickly. She is a creative free sweet soul shining in a bleak world! I hope to get with her to an age like Ed and his wife got or as many other couples around. Lets hope nature is kind and doesn't take her from me before its my time.
(We are both 48 nearing 50 and she has lots of precedent cancer in the family)
Mame

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 08:52 pm
@Albuquerque,
I love reading such sweet thoughts from people about their partners. I'm so glad you have her.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 08:53 pm
@Albuquerque,
I'm enough older than my wife that she should outlive me. We've been married 43 years. Like my first wife, she really doesn't understand my Aspergers but she sticks with me anyway and we look out for each other.
Mame

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 08:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm happy she sticks with you. You must be doing something right. I don't understand your Aspergers, either, and I'll stick with you here Smile
0 Replies