I'll just entertain myself

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2021 10:21 am
Another oddity about walking with bad knees is that I only need the support on purposeful walks, such as a stroll in the park or walking around the corner to the little store. Walking about the house, no problems. Pulling the trash cart to do street pickup or pushing a lawnmower - No problems. The extra weight seems to lock the joints in place.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2021 01:01 pm
Just scrolled onto a channel that shows Monte Python snippets nonstop.
Ragman

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2021 04:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
My favorite. Also as Basil Fawlty he’s the best.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2021 04:08 pm
My neighborhood once had a committee and my house notes included a monthly fee to support it. They did a few things that were good and didn't really mess with you. Payments from residents gradually began to drop off. Then the treasurer moved away, absconding with our funds. Finally, virtually nobody paid. I discovered that the holder of my mortgage had long since quit paying mine. What totally killed any thought of a committee, it was discovered that it was never legally instated.

With nobody to care for the community's property, the entry street piled up with trash for years. It was a disgrace. Like the entire rest of us, I let it happen without protest. But when I received the paperwork and I was the indisputable owner of my property, my attitude changed. I decided to contribute to the community by cleaning up that entry street, which I estimate to be the length of perhaps four or five city blocks.

For a few months, I picked up an average of eight bags of trash every single day. Eventually, it became a biweekly pickup. Now it occurs on a Monday only. There are some residents who resent me for some really stupid reasons, but they set it as their mission to keep that stretch dirty. A houseful of old carpet was dumped by the mailboxes about the time I had it all neat and orderly. Within the hour I had that carpet in my pickup and it was put in the dumpster where I once worked - done with permission. The can I had provided for junk mail kept overflowing with household garbage until I took it away. The ones that leave junk mail lying about may get it back because I put it in the outgoing mail slot. Mattresses were dumped off. I let it be known that I would take them apart and dispose of them for $75 but nobody came forth and they lay there. Bags of trash and garbage began to pile up beside the mattresses.

I eventually took it on myself to bag that **** but piled the bags next to the mailbox pad. Finally, a resident contacted the county, which installed a camera and hauled off the mattresses. The garbage pickup finally took the bags.

There were other incidents, yet I persisted. When I went out today, it was an easy job. The ones who make messes have lost much of the fervor and the street looks clean most of the time. I am grateful that most of the trash they leave consists of alcohol, fast food, and tobacco. This means their lives could be short with miserable endings.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 08:08 am
Shaun King
11 mins ·
I bet this won’t go viral. ⁣

The truth never does. It should, but people prefer lies.⁣

Today, after years of people lying and saying I was stealing money from GoFundMe’s for families impacted by police violence, the legal and safety team @GoFundMe released their official statement stating:⁣

1. I’ve NEVER even started a GoFundMe for anyone.⁣
2. I’ve NEVER been the beneficiary of a GoFundMe.⁣
3. I’ve NEVER withdrawn funds from a GoFundMe. ⁣

They searched 10+ years of history. ⁣

They searched every email account I’ve ever had.⁣

They searched every GoFundMe I’ve ever shared on social media.⁣

And what they found is what I’ve said for YEARS, no family has ever even reported to them that I’ve done any such thing. ⁣

It was a lie first made up by white supremacists. ⁣

First they said I stole from the family of Eric Garner. But they didn’t even have a fundraiser. ⁣

Then they said I stole from the family of Michael Brown. All lies. Just complete fiction. ⁣

Then they said I stole from the family of Tamir Rice. ⁣

Then the family of Philando Castile. ⁣

Eventually they said it about every single family I ever helped. They harassed those families as well.⁣

The whole thing has been so damn shameful.⁣

And before long, white supremacists didn’t have to say it anymore because white liberals and gullible Black folk started repeating the lies. ⁣

@chloeesuxx then lied in a viral post and said I stole money raised for Cyntoia Brown who was in prison at the time. But Cyntoia didn’t even have a fundraiser. ⁣

@dashaunlh then lied and said I’ve stolen from families all over the country. ⁣

Nobody has lied more than @MrErnestOwens. For years he’s promoted this no repercussions. He’s so obsessed with me that he’s become damn near a stalker. ⁣

I’ve had people literally interrupt my speeches and even stop me in the street while I’ve been with my family to confront me over stealing funds from GoFundMe. I’ve received death threats over people confronting me about this. ⁣

And it’s never happened. Stealing ONE PENNY from a family would be a state and federal crime. ⁣

Thank you to @GoFundMe for making this public statement.

https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/240898195_396333118522601_8961969559425672442_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=dzHc-nLnzU4AX_ZrWwZ&tn=s-Hyn_SkTCK8MDEQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=4b91674c6cc5768461ee75a6a06779f2&oe=6152B563
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 02:19 pm
43 years ago today, mrs edgarblythe and I put our three children, two of mine, one of hers, with a babysitter and we went before the justice of the peace to say I do. His wife was our witness. He was a kindly old man, once I slipped him his fee, giving a well thought out talk in the process. We picked up the children and I took her back to her parents' house. I went home. After we worked the following day we announced to one and all our nuptials. I rented us a house. There were good times and dark times. We almost didn't make it. Our fourth child, a product of the union, possibly saved the marriage. Here we are, still together taking care of one another, old and caring still.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 10:16 pm
Even my favorite artists have songs I don't care for and sometimes even detest. Jerry Lee Lewis has dozens of records I don't really like. Harry Belafonte's Michael Row the Boat Ashore is totally botched. I don't like Dylan's Lay Lady Lay and Only a Pawn in Their Game. I may agree with Only a Pawn's message but it's poor songwriting. Phil Ochs made some of my favorite records but many of his songs are poorly written and performed. Some of the songs on Leonard Cohen's Death of a Lady's Man album are bad. Don't Go Home With Your Hard On. Come on, Leonard. The Stones' Jumping Jack Flash. The Beatles' Long and Winding Road (I've always called it The Long and Boring Song), Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Get Back, Let it Be. These people are some of my all-time favorite artists. I could listen to any one of them for hours. But that's a few of my quirks where they are concerned.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 11:59 pm
The thread started by a child who cajoles others to buy their cigarettes reminds me of a time ten or fifteen years ago I was approached by a woman outside a small grocery store. She looked to be in her early seventies I guessed. She held out money and asked would I get her some wine. I forgot which kind if she specified at all. The way I figured it, she looked healthy and seemed in possession of her faculties. She was allowed on the street by herself. I bought her wine. I would do it again.

It turned out a number of old women in the apartments I worked at were lushes. A few began to see worms crawling on the wall, but most imbibed in silence. One woman always took a few snorts along about two every day. By three-thirty she would fall on the floor and call on my lead man to come pick her up. She would be laughing her ass off. But her daughter finally caught her and moved her out of the apartments. These people had nothing to look forward to all day. No visitors - nothing. Let them get drunk if they wish.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 10:25 am
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 03:40 pm
There is a Blue Dog brand of dog biscuits I've bought at my local supermarket for about as long as Rocky has lived with me. He is essentially addicted to them. My last dog wouldn't eat any biscuits but the ones called Snaps. Lately the store quit restocking them. We bought some at Walmart. Next time we ran out both stores hod none of the biscuits. My daughter said they have plenty where she works. I've checked online and found no problems related. The only thing I can figure is they must be withholding them to get customers to try something different. I know that's a common practice and have experienced that for other products. Going to try the another store later.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 06:08 pm
You must admit it's pretty weird having Asperger's, not knowing how to be a person most of your life, yet being a writer of fiction. I write in very short spurts then revise endlessly, often stymied from not knowing what such a person as the one in my story would reasonably do, since I never knew myself what I ought to do. When finally the story takes shape, since I am not educated well, but have read all of my life, I read as I would a book from the bookstore. If it flows the way a book ought to flow I am more than halfway there. Grammarly offers a great deal, but it's not much more reliable than spellcheck in some aspects, so it can be trusted the way we trust a stranger who does not know our mind. Context and intent. Rarely does one of my works seem adequate in my mind but they eventually have to float or not so that I can move on to something new.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 07:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
I agree. Particularly about long and winding Road. Paul’s breaks up and goes flat more than once. The song is pretentious and ..
quite boring. That said, Paul has just about as much or more talent as any singer/musician/songwriter I can think of. The only exception to that set of talents, IMHO, is Joni Mitchell. I can’t think of any clinkers from her.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 09:05 pm
@Ragman,
I don't know all of Joni's music. She is an amazing songwriter.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 09:55 pm
@Ragman,
Considering how many songs these people have written and the pressure they must feel to produce, I would say it doesn't matter in the end.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2021 02:04 am
I don't like all of the tunes the Beatles recorded, but I do enjoy almost all of them.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2021 06:02 am
@glitterbag,
Many Beatles songs are works of genius. I could listen to Hey Jude all day long. In fact we very nearly did when it was on the jukeboxes. There was a local restaurant where we played records a lot. One day we played Hey Jude over and over. After a third play and it began again a man at a separate table looked like he was crying. "Make it stop," he said. Which of course caused the smart alecs of the group to put in more quarters.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2021 09:47 pm
'Far too late': Colorado governor rescinds 1864 order to kill Native Americans

That's right, folks. Colorado law has made it legal to kill Native Americans for daring to be Native Americans for that many years.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2021 12:38 am
Tonight I indulged my inner 10 year old boy and binged on Police Academy movies. Just enough silly to balance out the week.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2021 05:32 am
Silly is good now and then.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2021 03:59 pm
The humor never ends with these people:

gaba mohamed <gabamohamedmail>
Fri 9/3/2021 5:52 PM
I am Gaba Mohamed a politician in Afghanistan, I seek your assistance to receive my luggage because currently I am in hiding in Kabul to avoid the Taliban since I work with the ministry of finance so for this reason, I need your assistance to claim my luggage containing three million five hundred thousand dollars [ 3.5 million usd ] for investment in your country pending to the time I will be able to leave Kabul either dead or alive that is why I am entrusting this fund to you

I am expecting to hear from you through my private email address for my security and safety because the Taliban are monitoring calls to know our exact location in Kabul

Expecting to hear from you [gabamohamedmail ]

Regards
Gaba Mohamed.
0 Replies