I'll just entertain myself

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2022 12:28 pm
@Ragman,
Not really. Just commenting you can't just drive any car without keeping up on maintenance. Like any car I am still trying to learn what it went through with the previous owner. As I commented on an earlier post, the windshield will have to be replaced in the near future, due to hail or heavy sand damage. I want to be careful about who does it, because some of those installers just slap the new glass in and then it leaks.
Ragman

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2022 03:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
You betchya. I forgot how bad the hail can be down there. As well as when dust and sand blows in.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2022 05:35 pm
@Ragman,
Two minor items - They promised to replace one of the small lenses, front bottom. It works fine, but a piece is missing. And a door gasket needs repair, which they promised to do. But they are extremely slow, making me doubt their good intentions.
Ragman

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2022 07:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
Fairly low cost items, manly. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2022 08:58 pm
@Ragman,
These people make me message them when I get pushy and then don't return my calls.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2022 04:37 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

front bottom.

Is a euphamism for vagina.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2022 05:20 am
@izzythepush,
I once worked with a man who was described by his ex-wife as paranoid schizophrenic. When he bought his first computer we traded emails. I once sent him a neat photo that caught a bridge from both directions. The top and bottom borders curved inward but it was beautiful. He got upset that I sent him a picture of a "snatch." After a couple of such reactions from him I blocked him from my emails. He became so erratic on the job that they had to let him go. He used to go into my lunch and eat my apples right in front of me He left partially eaten food in the refrigerator for days before eating the rest of it then complained to me that his wife was trying to poison him when it made him sick. But one time we were given apple fritters, which were all the same weight. He became upset because mine looked bigger and he refused to eat his.
BillW

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2022 06:38 am
@edgarblythe,
I couldn't handle that person for very long!
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2022 07:33 am
@BillW,
He has been history for a number of years.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2022 09:47 pm
The key to my car is entirely too sensitive. If I put it in my pocket anything can happen. First time I noticed, I looked out at the car and the trunk was wide open. Another time I was moving something on the porch and the lock/unlock feature worked. When I started it to back out at the grocery store, my rear view was blocked by the open trunk lid. I know it's user error, and I'm learning.
Ragman

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2022 01:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
FWIW, I always put the key fob in an empty pocket, especially away from phone. Might help.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2022 01:56 pm
Sometimes a walk in our park can be a mix of joy and heartsick anger. Joy for the birds and surviving squirrels. Joy for my wife connecting with a deer, who now looks forward to the food she puts out. The anger is for the current regime looking after things. They have the lake in such a state that nobody fishes there anymore. I haven't seen a single turtle in weeks. It's hard coming on poisoned raccoon corpses. Hurts to know the squirrels are coming from across the park for the peanuts because the familiar ones are all dead. I persevere because I can put a little happiness into the lives of the animals I have contact with. Most other walkers are friendly. Plus the walk around the water is just the right distance for one like me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2022 11:10 pm
Years ago when somebody wanted a birth certificate they sent the two dollars and a copy soon came by mail. I just bought my son's birth certificate for 35 dollars. If I did it by mail I was expected to have it notarized. I opted to pay a company to save the hassle. I had to print a form and put a picture of my driver's license and my signature on it via the scanner. I hate the electronic age in lots of ways.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2022 03:14 pm
On the subject of birth certificates, my sister told me the other day that my mother had no birth certificate. She was born in Sallisaw, OK. According to the sister, Grandpa had the state make up something for her after the fact. Going to test this out in the near future. I have become curious about the facts concerning her birth. Her own mother died when she was three. Any of the people who would know are long gone. It's for this kind of reason I am writing an autobiography not meant for the public, just to pass on to my children.
Yalow

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2022 03:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I am writing an autobiography not meant for the public, just to pass on to my children.

I think I would like it if my parents would do something like that. Especially about their relationship.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2022 03:36 pm
@Yalow,
There will always be unanswered questions in your mind if they don't do that.
coluber2001

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2022 07:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
What a cool idea! That would be a nice legacy.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2022 08:42 am
@coluber2001,
As an octogenarian, I have to think how to distribute my meager belongings among the four offspring, in the event I don't live forever. One daughter has requested the file cabinet with my papers in it. She's taken care of. My book collection. Don't know that they give a ****. My Alley Oop collection that spans the run of the series - also don't know that any would give a rat's ass. My record and CD collection - spans from 1958 through the early seventies. I could divide them into stacks according to genre and then see who prefers what. My tools - a shabby lot. If the guys are interested they could divide them up. There's not a hell of a lot else. I don't think my kids are the sort to go all greedy over that kind of crap. One never knows for sure.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2022 12:49 pm
The Rolls and the 40 acre estate are my wife's problem. It will be up to her because I should be long gone by then. She's somewhat younger than me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2022 05:26 am
So glad I didn't win the $600 million plus lottery last night. It would have taken beyond my lifetime to count it all.