I'll just entertain myself

Ragman

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2022 06:44 am
@edgarblythe,
When you do win, you’ll discover a whole new crop of long lost relatives and friends that you can’t believe you had.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2022 07:27 am
@Ragman,
My first purchase would be a fortified dwelling away from the people I once knew.
coluber2001

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2022 09:59 am
@edgarblythe,
Yea! And I would donate millions to the Natural Conservancy to protect wildlands.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2022 12:04 pm
@coluber2001,
Being serious a moment, I would be generous with a number of good causes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2022 04:02 pm
If I had won, thinking it over, I would buy Haiti and set it free.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2022 08:47 am
All the mentions of crime in many of the places I frequent have me recalling a little tale told to me by a late brother. It's not much of a story in retrospect, but it could have been a disaster for Jack. He came out of a small store, unaware of the little guy waiting off to the side. As he came nearer the man stepped close, brandishing a knife. Jack's reflex action was to throw up an arm, which caused the would be robber to fall over backward. As he lay on the concrete, my brother got in his truck and left. He should have done something to get the man off the street, but as it was related to me I think that was the end of it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2022 08:42 am
One of my gripes is a minor one, I guess. But it irks me that everything you read these days names stuff by initials or numbers. No explanation, much of the time. They assume you know already. When you go down a news feed and initials are all you see, it gets annoying to have to Google it to understand the information. I don't have a photographic memory.
Ragman

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2022 12:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Agree 100%. They think TFB!

I say: SNAFU.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2022 02:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeah! Especially when some acronyms can have multiple meanings. In our little oilfield BLM means Bureau of Land Management. Hopefully, there is enough context to know we don't mean Black Lives Matter.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2022 10:10 pm
Wife made a misstep going up some steps. Fell on the pavement and broke a hip. Surgery was successful. She comes home sometime tomorrow. She is seventy but tough. She can get through this and I plan to give her all the assistance she needs.
BillW

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2022 10:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
Best of hope and healing to her and you! I have faith in you.....
roger

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2022 10:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh, wow. At that age, everything is serious. Is she in therapy?
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2022 10:56 pm
@roger,
They tested her for walking with a walker today. She did well. Tomorrow they will check her for blood clots and give her condition overall a going over, then release her. Still deciding how to do therapy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2022 11:07 pm
@BillW,
Forty plus years together. We look out for each other. Our kids are helpful, but have families of their own. I try not to burden them where possible.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2022 05:16 am
@edgarblythe,
So sorry to read this. My best wishes for her speedy recovery.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2022 05:31 am
@Ragman,
Seconding what Ragman said.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2022 05:46 am
Thsnks, people. I always wonder how much of this stuff I should share, but I always open up anyway.
Ragman

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2022 05:55 am
@edgarblythe,
I’m pleased you share it. It matters to many of us here. I know you don’t seek it out but you have a following here.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2022 06:48 am
Rocky is moping. He won't stay in the same room with me longer than it takes to eat. He lies out on the porch or else goes to bed and sleeps. He may love me, but his deepest feelings are reserved for my wife. If she never returned I'm not sure if he would recover.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2022 07:13 pm
Had to apologize to the fly as I killed it. "Nothing personal." Eventually, once we finish exterminating all the other species we will be the lone target of germs and viruses.
0 Replies