I'll just entertain myself

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2022 05:21 pm
@BillW,
I haven't examined the document in so long I forgot what it says. My mother grew up being told we have Cherokee, Choctaw, and Tejas.
BillW

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2022 05:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Rats, Osage are rich from all the oil found on their lands. That is, until it was finagled out a lot of them. Of course, they had little concept of what money was. Where is he living?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2022 06:07 pm
@BillW,
Sallisaw.
My Mom was born in Sallisaw and my grandfather near there. Him in 1898.
BillW

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2022 06:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well, that is right on the east border of the Cherokee and Choctaw tribes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2022 08:49 am
While walking in the park today I heard a commotion from off in the trees. I could hear but not understand a man's hollering. Caught up to my wife and she told me she saw the man's dog slip out of the harness and run breakneck into the woods. The man was chasing and demanding that the dog come back. It reminded me of my dog Holly. She used to run off like that. For years I would follow and chase until finally she let me catch her. Then one day I discovered a simple trick. Each time she took off running I kneeled and called her. She immediately came to me and I was able to walk her home. Amazing it took so long to figure it out.
BillW

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2022 11:09 am
@edgarblythe,
Cool, but now I can't kneel anymore - wouldn't be able to get up again, ha!
coluber2001

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2022 02:07 pm
@BillW,
When the dog comes back, it would probably help to praise it rather than scold it. When my neighbor's shi-tzu would run off, it wouldn't come back to her, but it would come back to me. I would give the dog to my neighbor and then she would scold it
farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2022 05:02 pm
@coluber2001,
positive reinforcement works well even for my chickens,
Scoliing a dog makes it rtreat and itd take a longer time ti gt po
sitive results
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2022 10:46 pm
The crew taking care of the park are all over it in a swarm these days. They scooped the overgrowth from the lake and cleaned away the debris around the bank. They restored the fountain, which the old crew had given up messing with. But they removed the table on which the turtles were fond of sunning themselves. They removed all of the logs the turtles liked to crawl upon. All this week the deer have been close. I think they are running out of places to hide. Anyway it's nice to get out and take in the outdoors a bit each day.
BillW

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2022 10:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Maybe the real estate management is going to try to sell some lots? But, it is a buyers market at this time.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2022 05:16 am
@BillW,
They built a subdivision right up against the park. That robs it of esthetics. The other day six of their huge riding lawnmowers were stolen. Some are calling it an inside job. But I still prefer that walk over other nearby parks.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2022 04:39 pm
The car I just bought. Immaculate. They took so many hours working to make it that way. The engine so clean you could serve your tacos on it. So it ran like new from Sept 17 to yesterday. Then it wouldn't turn over. Took the connections off of the battery. The corrosion just fell out. I know you gotta keep up with that stuff, but it didn't occur to me they didn't do that already.
Ragman

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2022 05:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
That’s a real shame. Under the corrosion is it ok?
are tho posts decent once you scrape the junk off. Cables good?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2022 06:11 pm
@Ragman,
Everything beyond that corrosion looks brand new. The battery turned out to be three years old. Instead of taking a chance we got a new one.
Ragman

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2022 07:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Smart move. My understanding is that in the tropical climate, they don’t last more than 3 or 4 years.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2022 09:52 pm
@Ragman,
I'm disappointed that the dealership wouldn't take responsibility for this, as much as I'm paying. We did take out a policy to cover major repairs for three years.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 11:29 pm
Does anybody here watch James Bond movies? Is there a good reason I should start seeing them?
BillW

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 11:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
Since roughly 1980-90, I haven't seen any. I see no reason in seeing any since then either!(?)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2022 09:16 am
The Sentra I just bought is the most fanciest vehicle I've ever owned. But it quickly settled in that it's no different than owning a piece of junk. Constant maintenance, as before.

I was thinking this morning of a time I desperately needed transportation. The only thing the lot I shopped had was a pick up that looked rusted out. I had to have it to get to the job, where a partner and I were building houses in a new subdivision. I drove the truck carefully but the big arm holding the front tire in place gave way one morning. The tire lay on its side on the pavement. I jacked it up and wired it back in place from a roll of wire I had learned to always keep handy. The rest of the time I drove that truck the wire held up the wheel. My partner gathered our pay. Two weeks in a row he said we didn't get any pay after expenses and paying the help. I knew he was conning me. I missed payment on the rusty truck and I heard it start outside of my home when the car lot came and repoed it. As luck would have it, my youngest sister happened along and out right gave me a Chevy, Apache I think it was. So I took our crew away from my so-called partner and worked in a different subdivision. Good times.
Ragman

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2022 10:40 am
@edgarblythe,
Did something else happen with repairs to this car besides the battery?