I'll just entertain myself

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2022 11:04 pm
I finally finished the Mexican Red series of stories. Now I have to get them all together and start making a book.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2022 08:57 am
The truck transmission went out again. I cleaned it out and put a for sale sign on it. After twelve years I've gotten attached, but as George Harrison said, All things must pass.
Ragman

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2022 09:13 am
@edgarblythe,
You can’t say you didn’t give it your best shot.

Are you changing mechanics too?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2022 09:23 am
@Ragman,
The Transmission shop was a rip-off. It has been there for at least 15 years and has a lovely web site. I would never go back.
Ragman

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2022 09:46 am
@edgarblythe,

You could say that their business is slipping. Quite a shifty bunch. Better clutch your wallet as they’re geared up for the rip-off .

Got that off my chest. Now what about a replacement? Any leads?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2022 10:07 am
@Ragman,
We're looking for a deal. Nothing solid yet. I went to Capitol One and prequalified, but I haven't found a deal I like.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2022 11:52 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

… but as George Harrison said, All things must pass.

He also sang “Isn’t It a Pity”
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2022 12:11 pm
@Ragman,
George was a card.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2022 12:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
Lol. Just like Ragman. Should we deal with him now, or later?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2022 12:19 pm
@Joeblow,
I probably can't get what I want for the truck, but it's worth a lot to me. I would just keep it if nobody pays enough.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2022 12:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
Fingers crossed. Finding a new or used car around these parts is crazy expensive. I guess it's the chip shortage I've read about making even used vehicles a fortune.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2022 12:39 pm
@Joeblow,
I've been running into that. WE live on a fixed income, so I need a really good deal while needing a decent vehicle.
Mame

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2022 01:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Have you asked around?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2022 01:58 pm
@Mame,
We are still just getting it organized. We've done lots of on line browsing. I've been asking a few friends and a couple of mechanics. Still gathering decent size of down payment money before getting too involved with most of them.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2022 11:22 am
To raise some money Southend United Football Club decided to sell spobsorship of its West Stand.

The successful bidder was a local company called Gilbert and Rose.

Now the club are in a dilemma because they can't call it The Gilbert and Rose West Stand.

The name might not mean anything to Americans, but Rosemary West and her husband Fred are a notorious pair of serial killers.

It would be the same as naming a baseball stand after Jeffrey Dahmer.

The team are looking for axway out, the stand is still sponsored by Gilbert and Rose, but neither the club, nor the sponsor want their name on there.

When it's resolved I'll post an update.

I would call it the Gilert and Rose Occidental Stand.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2022 06:36 am
Today begins a third week without me picking up the street trash. It looks increasingly trashy. True to my vow, if I step over a bit of trash I resist the urge to pick it up.
roger

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2022 10:12 am
@edgarblythe,
Good. They don't deserve you, and never did.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2022 10:36 am
@roger,
If they got together and offered me a steady influx of folding money I might reconsider.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2022 07:48 pm
The original cast of Gunsmoke
https://scontent-hou1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/298840516_10160034533212911_4195050416052919986_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Z_RO2x_P2YsAX-TnNuk&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.xx&oh=00_AT_5mM5dJh129Ti_Ovu711OZrGkY1y99YZTcDne3wPoa2g&oe=62F9B15A
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2022 10:58 pm
On Saturday I was writing in my Short Shorts thread when my internet went dead. Finally got someone out here yesterday. A crew had laid an internet cable for my neighbor right across mine and chopped the line to pieces. I spent more than half a day on the phone with Xfinity and then they texted me over and over to reset the appointment. They even texted me while the man was here running the new cable. I used what is usually a mix of internet and writing time to concentrate on the book I'm putting together. Glad I did because it was a monumental task to get all four stories in order and re-edit much of it. It's not ready yet, but very close.
0 Replies