Entertainment, political correctness and cancel culture

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 04:43 am
@engineer,
I've read about it, seen images from the movie online, seen videos in which the movie was discussed and seen trailers for the movie.

I've seen, heard and read enough about it to formulate an opinion about it.

There are certain types of characters who make cameos in it that I don't like, like characters like horror films, and characters from R-rated movies like the Droogs from A Clockwork Orange, and characters from shows like Game of Thrones. That's not something I agree with as a Christian.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 04:45 am
@JGoldman10,
No it doesn’t.

She is born with an innate ability, witchcraft has nothing to do with it.

Your biggest problem is that you let other people do your thinking for you instead of figuring things out for yourself.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 04:47 am
@JGoldman10,
I never realised your faith was so weak that watching a Disney film would cause you to start worshipping Satan.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 04:56 am
@izzythepush,
I explained Frozen and the sequel to him in private messages. He does not care what we say about them. His mind is already made up (provided by his pastor). JG never could explain to me how and why Frozen 2 is about transgenderism, only saying that his pastor said so.

I expected that JG wouldn't see Space Jam 2 since he never talked about seeing any recent film in theaters. He always said he was too busy with personal business for years to see any movie.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 04:56 am
@izzythepush,
Stop trolling me. The Bible says to flee the appearance of evil. You're telling me Elsa from the Frozen movies is a MUTANT?

Various sources say the character is an ICE WITCH.

The character is based off of an ice watch who was originally a villain in the story the movies are based on.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 05:02 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
You're telling me Elsa from the Frozen movies is a MUTANT?

Yes. You never saw the fan art and videos with Elsa joining the X-Men?
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 05:03 am
@Rebelofnj,
I was being facetious. I am still not interested in seeing the movies.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 05:09 am
@JGoldman10,
I don't expect you to see any recent film or any upcoming release. You always say you are too busy with personal matters for years, yet you have time to post online.

The release date for Space Jam 2 has been known for years, so you could have cleared a day in July to see the film in theaters after talking about the film for years.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 05:35 am
@JGoldman10,
If you believed in fleeing from the appearance of evil you would have shunned your pastor long ago.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 05:37 am
@JGoldman10,
Simba is based on Hamlet, that doesn’t mean he’s a Danish prince and not a lion at all.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 07:45 am
@Rebelofnj,
For years I had my charming family with deal with, when I should have had my own place.

Knowing what I know about the new Space Jam movie I am still not interested in seeing it.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 07:48 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

There are certain types of characters who make cameos in it that I don't like, like characters like horror films, and characters from R-rated movies like the Droogs from A Clockwork Orange, and characters from shows like Game of Thrones. That's not something I agree with as a Christian.

None of this screams wholesome, family-friendly entertainment.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 08:25 am
@JGoldman10,
Why do you keep going on about it?

I’m not particularly bothered, I wasn’t that keen on the first one, not being into American sports, but I never went on and on about how I didn't like basketball.

I’ll probably watch the new one if it comes on the telly, but I won’t go out of my way to see it.
engineer

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 08:26 am
@JGoldman10,
Do you think those characters will be acting like they did in their original series? For example, do you think GoT characters will be killing people?
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 08:52 am
@izzythepush,
I also get the feeling that if Disney actually does produce a Roger Rabbit sequel, JG will not see it despite asking about it for YEARS because he will still claim to be busy with personal issues in the future, and that he does not care for Disney anymore.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 09:23 am
@Rebelofnj,
I know, it’s a form of prurience, obsessing over something you will never experience.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 03:25 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I kind of have mixed feelings about Warner Bros. too if that means anything. When I was in art school I did consider the prospect of either working for Disney and Warner Bros. I decided I would rather work for WB because I thought my work would have been a better fit for them.

However, after knowing that BOTH companies advocate the LGBTQIA agenda I am not really interested in working for either one.

I have issues with a lot of cartoon projects both companies produce.

I was not thrilled about the idea of having to move out to California just to produce cartoons for a living anyway.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 03:39 pm
@JGoldman10,
I’m sure they’ll be very disappointed.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 03:54 pm
@JGoldman10,
You have said all of this before in the last few years. We already know about your feelings towards the LGBTQIA Community. We already know your dislike of moving far away for a job. We already know you have issue with both major studios despite them making films and shows that have unchristian elements for years.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 26 May, 2021 09:36 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I don't really care about a new RR movie and I'm not really interested in the new Space Jam movie.

The odds of Disney making a new RR movie are very LOW. They aren't going to make one or produce ANY new cartoon projects involving Roger Rabbit without Spielberg's involvement.

I read somewhere new RR cartoon shorts were planned but never made.

I don't care about a sequel or prequel to an OLD cartoon movie that is NOW decades old, that I assume or presume MOST people don't even talk about or even care about anymore.

The new Space Jam movie is not something I would want my kids watching if I had any.

The original film was more of a crowd pleaser and I was more hyped up to see the original when the original came out.

I don't even know how many people are talking about the new movie outside of the internet. Seems like a LOT of people online have an issue with the new movie.

I don't even know who the pro basketball players are who are in the new movie. I haven't watched and followed pro basketball in YEARS.

I don't know too much about Lebron James or Blake Griffin. I know these guys are popular now.

Besides, I have my OWN cartoon and comics projects I want to work on. I am trying to work and focus on getting something developed now.