JGoldman10

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 04:58 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Christians can eat chicken and beef.
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 05:24 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Cattle, or cows (female) and bulls (male), are large domesticated cloven-hooved herbivores.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle
Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 05:48 pm
@Rebelofnj,
It’s if they chew cud they are clean… pigs do not chew cud this the incleanness
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 05:53 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I thought you were asking if I eat meatballs because they have pork in them.

I make my meatballs with 100 % ground beef no pork
izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 02:19 am
@Linkat,
The ones we’re having for dinner tonight have beef mince, sausage meat from a local prize winning butcher, smoked back bacon and a little bit of black pudding I had leftover.

They’re very good.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 02:20 am
@JGoldman10,
Christians can eat whatever they want.

Your weird cult is not Christian.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 02:24 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I hate political correctness, ID politics and labels.

That is your religion in a nutshell.

Hate.

You hate treating people decently if they are different from you.

Instead of seeing what unites people you make division, turn people against each other.

Linkat

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 05:54 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

That is your religion in a nutshell.

Hate.

You hate treating people decently if they are different from you.

Instead of seeing what unites people you make division, turn people against each other.

I agree with this - one thing my mom always told me - do not hate - hate is an evil thing --- now you can dislike an awful lot but you do not hate.
engineer

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 06:00 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

How do you define political correctness and ID politics?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 06:13 am
@Linkat,
I have no problems with any religion that tries to unite people, something that stresses what we all have in common.

My problem is with those who try to divide and separate us into sheep and goats or whatever.

It’s what cult leaders do, in order for any cult to be successful it needs enemies.

William Burrough’s booklet Sects and Death looks at the mechanics of cults and leaders in great detail.

Mr Goldman very much acts like a cult member, he is besieged by enemies, and throws out insults like “godless uncircumcised philistines,” all the time.

He’s also very selfish, most of his threads are about how he can get something and he’s singularly ungrateful. He got the money back for his broken printer and got extra ink cartridges to boot, but still insults the delivery worker who dropped his parcel.
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 06:31 am
@engineer,
I sort of regret mentioning the term Identity Politics to JG years ago. Now, he uses it as a buzzword without actually knowing what it means.

He also has odd feelings towards political correctness in a previous question:
Quote:
"On one hand I think this is ridiculous. If a voice actor has a voice that fits a certain character it shouldn't matter what the actor's ethnicity is.

On the other hand, this is progress. For many years voice acting in cartoons has been somewhat of a minstrel show, or a whitewashing of sorts in general, especially in modern times. It's good that cartoon makers are breaking away from this. People of color should be given the chance to voice act if they want to and more opportunities should be open to them."

https://able2know.org/topic/550717-5#post-7050819
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 07:06 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

He’s also very selfish, most of his threads are about how he can get something and he’s singularly ungrateful. He got the money back for his broken printer and got extra ink cartridges to boot, but still insults the delivery worker who dropped his parcel.

Exactly - I tried to point out to him how it appears he is trying to make money out of this deal rather than just having the issue rectified - which appears is what happened. His printer was delivered broken (whether due to this particular postal worker or not. He got his refund back along with an ink cartridge so whether the printer at this point or not can be fixed should not matter.

Doesn't sound very Christian to me - you would think he would forgive everyone involved especially as his problem was resolved.

Whenever I am such a situation whether small or larger as a customer - and the business apologizes and rectifies as long as they do this I am satisfied as I can understand anyone can make an error.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 07:12 am
@Linkat,
I read your post on the printer and it made me think.

The only people he seems to have any feelings for are his pastor and mother.

When he talks about his Christian penpals it just seems he wants their guidance on who to condemn.

Whenever he “blesses” people it seems like he’s going through the motions, he only appears genuine when he’s on the attack.
Linkat

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 07:13 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I have no problems with any religion that tries to unite people, something that stresses what we all have in common.

My problem is with those who try to divide and separate us into sheep and goats or whatever.

It’s what cult leaders do, in order for any cult to be successful it needs enemies.

Mr Goldman very much acts like a cult member, he is besieged by enemies, and throws out insults like “godless uncircumcised philistines,” all the time.

I wonder if goldman is a bit brainwashed.

I also agree about religion trying to unite people. Even at this church I went to not to long ago; a more conservative church in view point. The pastor spoke about LGBT+ community and he spoke how the church should welcome them and make them feel comfortable. Although the pastor said he did not agree with the lifestyle that we all are sinners and should be inclusive of everyone.

Whatever your viewpoint or your interpretation of the Bible - that is very clear. You are supposed to be helping others - not trying your back on anyone. You are not supposed to judge, be mean, but to love and help others.

I always thought that being kind to others and open to them is more likely to be a "witness" to God than to be preaching and yelling at them that they are going to hell. That behavior tends to do the opposite to people.

But then that is just me. I hope that Goldman is more brainwashed and can eventually come out of his fog and be a more positive light.
Linkat

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 07:18 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The only people he seems to have any feelings for are his pastor and mother.

I wonder what his childhood was like? I imagine this has a great deal with how is now. Because you are right it does seem this way - I still think he has some variant of autism. There are different degrees and different offshoots as he definitely lacks empathy and social skills. As even when you agree with him he gets angry at you.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 07:20 am
@Linkat,
He’s been in this environment for a very long time.

If he was going to break away I think it would have happened before now.

The most controlling person in his life seems to be his mother and she has been in some sort of care home since before the beginning of lockdown and he has limited access to her.

His fervour seems undiminished since lockdown started.

It’s easy and seductive, when everything is black and white you can kid yourself you’re completely right and don’t need to grow or progress in any way.

The alternative is hard work.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 09:50 am
@Linkat,
I know more about JG's life more than I want to know; I never asked, he told me a lot of personal details for one reason or another.

Apparently, he has been like this since he was Saved at a young age in the early 1980s. And as mentioned, he is very reliant on his penpals' advice on how to reply to others he is fighting with.

I did communicate with JG via email, but I had to block him because of his homophobic comments and his habit of spreading conspiracy and white supremacist talking points.
Linkat

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 10:02 am
@Rebelofnj,
That's very sad.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 10:14 am
@Linkat,
It is.

You talk to Mr Goldman feel you’re making a connection but just as you think you’re making progress he comes out with some truly repulsive homophobic remark.

The worst thing is that he isn’t some scumbag with no redeemable qualities like some, I get the feeling that down there at heart there is a decent person.