Clarity

maxdancona

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 09:37 am
@justaguy2,
Quote:
Because if "racism is based on a basic lie" (your own words, not mine or anyone else's), then that would mean that there is no such thing as an "racist",

I changed a single word here to show you that the logic you are using doesn't make any sense (you only think it makes sense because of your ideological point of view). Saying that [some phenomena] is based on a lie doesn't mean that [that phenomena] doesn't exist.

Other than trying to score a point in whatever game we are playing... I am not really sure what your point is here anyway.

Quote:
And this is where I terminate my responses to your posts in this thread (maybe other threads too, we'll see).

Ok. I wish more people would do this.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 10:02 am
@maxdancona,
There’s no shared ideology, those of us who think you’re an idiot are from differing political backgrounds, and different countries.

The only thing we share is that we’re all sick of your nonsense.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 10:03 am
@justaguy2,
Quote:
I'll tell you what your problem is maxdancona, and it's called "consistency", in that, you're not consistent and jump from one extreme to the other, while calling others "extremists". Even coldjoint/pinky is far more consistent than you, consistently wrong,

This is an interesting comment....

My intent is to challenge what I see as extremism on both sides. Whether I am doing this successfully is a matter of subjective opinion.

McGentrix started this thread to challenge what he saw as racism. Instead of supporting this and starting a respectful discussion, a bunch of people from the left came to attack and start a discussion about Trump. This OP on this thread didn't say anything about Trump.

The extremism on the left should be clear to any reasonable person. The extremism on the right is equally clear... but hasn't been as evident on this thread.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 10:16 am
@maxdancona,
You’re not challenging anything.

You’re making **** up like you always do.

What is the “extremism” of the left you’re denouncing, adequate medical care?

Compare that to the real extremism on the right which kills children and emboldens racist killing.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 10:28 am
@izzythepush,
maxdancona wrote:

I have been thinking about the problem of either/or thinking. Consider these two statements.

1. Anti-racism is important. Racism is a deep-rooted problem that continues in important ways in our society. Finding examples of institutional racism and exposing them is valuable. Protests, assertive dialog and insisting that society change are necessary.

2. Anti-racism goes to far in some areas. Attacking White people for wearing dread-locks, or tearing down statues of founding father, or arguing about the use of common terms like "blacklist", are excessive. More than this they are counterproductive.

I believe that both of these statements are true (of course there are a lot of details to hash out). But that is not the point.

Both of these statements can be true. There is nothing contradictory with saying... "I agree with this and it is important but it goes to far in these cases".

The hysterical anger you see on this thread is because people want to have an all-or-nothing argument. You are either with us completely or you are a fascist.... they want there to be no room for discussion or thought.

As a society, I hope we can get beyond the two sides of angry people yelling insults at each other. A constructive dialog involves both sides saying "I see what you are saying here, and I respect it... but I want you to understand that this other part is important to me".

I hope this type of discussion is possible.

Hmmmm.... burning down police stations seems a little bit extreme. But that isn't my point.

My main point is about this either/or mentality where ideological purity is enforced, and once someone is labeled as "evil" nothing they say matters.

I have no trouble challenging the nonsense coming from the right, and I have told coldjoint and oralloy that there points are racist and ridiculous.

I have no problem challenging the nonsense coming from the left either.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 10:30 am
@maxdancona,
Who is labelling people as evil?

The only poster I know of who uses the term is your sock puppet Oralloy.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 12:07 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
and I have told coldjoint and oralloy that there points are racist and ridiculous.

And you have been wrong. But an example would be nice, one of my racist posts will do. Think you can find one? I don't.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 06:31 pm
@izzythepush,
1. Max is at it again.

2. Max continues to make up more and more nonsensical irrational absolute bullshit.

3. Does anyone know why Max continues to make up more made-up bullshit that Max created in his own head?

4. Has anyone given Max a pacifier for his constant whining yet?

5. Max is the absolute king of hypocrisy.

6. Let me repeat that last line:
Max is the absolute King of Hypocrisy.

7. That is one crown that Max truly earned.

8. I hope Max is proud of his new kingdom.

maxdancona

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 06:52 pm
@Real Music,
You seem to be a little obsessed with Max.

Why don't you just ignore him if he bothers you that much.
Real Music

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 07:21 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You seem to be a little obsessed with Max.

Why don't you just ignore him if he bothers you that much.

1. Nope. Not gonna happen.

2. I am having way too much fun at your hypocritical whiny expense.

3. You made your bed.

4. Now it's time for to sleep in it.

5 What's the matter Max?

6. You can't handle people telling you exactly what they think about you?

7. I want your hypocritical ears to understand precisely what I am about to say:

a) Max, people find you nauseating because you are self righteous, hypocritical, a control freak, and your constant whining.

b) Max, there is no group thinking. That is simply how individuals feel about you.

c) It's not other people. It's you Max.

d) Max, you need to start being honest with yourself.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 11:39 pm
@Real Music,
I would like to thank Max for apologizing for dragging me into a snit-fest in which I didn't participate........I would love to thank him, but it never happened. He attributed remarks to me that I didn't make, and even though I confronted him with all the evidence he has not acknowledged he disparaged me for something I didn't do,. Typical victim yelping over the unfairness of a remark that was never made.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 01:19 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
The claim is that McGentrix is giving Trump a pass on racism while denouncing the racism of certain posters on A2K.

It doesn't jibe.

1. That is the very reason that I am questioning the sincerity of McGentrix.

2. That is the very reason that I am questioning the consistency of McGentrix.

3. Especially, when the racist things that comes from Trump is so rampant.

4. Max, on the other hand, automatically accepted McGentrix as being sincere.

5. Maybe Max was simply gullible and easily deceived by McGentrix.

6. Or maybe Max is just too blind to see the truth staring him in the face.

7. Sometimes engaging in a discussion or a conversation is a way of seeking out the truth.

8. If Max wasn't so full of himself, maybe Max could open his eyes and see that this is an actual discussion.

9. Maybe one day, Max might realize that he doesn't get to control how other people engage in discussions.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 06:35 am
@Real Music,
Quote:
If Max wasn't so full of himself, maybe Max could open his eyes and see that this is an actual discussion.

Ha ha
izzythepush

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 07:53 am
@maxdancona,
Real Music is about the fourth or fifth person to publicly thank me for pointing out your bullshit.

If you were truly interested in learning or self improvement you’d take note of that, but you won’t.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 07:56 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Real Music is about the fourth or fifth person to publicly thank me for pointing out your bullshit.

If you were truly interested in learning or self improvement you’d take note of that, but you won’t.

That is how the in-crowd works, Izzy. Your job is to insult and attack anyone who challenges the group think. And, you do a stellar job. I don't think there is anyone who does self-righteous personal attacks better than you do. People seem to love you for it.

Real Music really appreciates it (as does everyone else in the far-left bubble you share). I think there are more than 4 or 5 people who should be publicly thanking you.

I think Glitterbag owes you some appreciation. You do appreciate Izzy's personal attacks, don't you Glitterbag?

izzythepush

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 09:27 am
@maxdancona,
You’d rather stick to your delusions.

I can see that, the truth can’t be easy for someone like you.

There is no in crowd there’s just a group of individuals, most of whom seem to be growing tired of your ****.

This can’t be the only place it happens.

Try telling the truth for once.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 01:12 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
I just want to be clear that I do not approve of the rampant racism being expressed by many of the "right winged" posters on A2K. I do not condone it and I do not approve of it and it does not reflect my feelings or opinions in any way.
There is no place in my beliefs for that.
Thank you for your time.

I've not noticed much racism being expressed by the right. Which posts are you talking about?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 01:13 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
I think the difference now is that it is pretty clear that the top of the Republican party is actively promoting racism/racists beliefs.

I don't see any racism from the top of the Republican Party. What are you talking about?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 01:14 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
1. Do you (acknowledge) and (denounce) the rampant racism expressed by Donald Trump?

I for one do not acknowledge the existence of any such racism.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 01:16 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
What comes to mind is that you're avoiding the issue that the top of the Republican party is actively promoting racism/racists beliefs.

Imaginary issues are best avoided. Addressing them is a waste of time.
0 Replies