Clarity

izzythepush

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 10:26 am
@maxdancona,
It’s a refusal to accept that someone who supports a racist is somehow better than the racists themselves.

They’re not.

McGentrix is trying to have it both ways, that may work with a two faced moral coward like yourself, but fortunately most people aren’t like that.

Why not start a thread about your question?
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 10:27 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Go back and read what I wrote. It is expressly about this community.

I'm not suddenly enlightened and becoming a Democrat. My beliefs haven't changed but I am put out by what I see here. Trump may have retweeted something but what are the odds he had a clue who the tweeter was?

There's not a Republican alive that doesn't wish Trump would put the Twitter away... But, it is his direct line to the public. When battling such a belligerent media that will go to any length to smear him, he needs that.

You did respond to engineer here, though.

@engineer
McGentrix wrote:

engineer wrote:

I think the difference now is that it is pretty clear that the top of the Republican party is actively promoting racism/racists beliefs.

Huh, missed this. Thanks to Coldjoint for pointing that out.

I disagree with Engineer on this.

Which is what I was referring to.

In regard to Trump's retweet, the issue isn't whether he knew who the tweeter was. The issue is that he retweeted a video of a supporter of his chanting "White power," which is the issue you've all but been ignoring.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 10:32 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

that may work with a two faced moral coward like yourself, but fortunately most people aren’t like that.

Ooooh.... "two faced moral coward"... that's a new one! I love it.

I will add it to the list.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 10:37 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

1. I am objecting to the claim "Everyone who supports Trump is a racist".

So, who's making that claim?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 10:44 am
@maxdancona,
You’re trying too hard.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 11:06 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

If this isn't the claim... then why the 5 pages of personal attacks on McGentrix?

What is the point of the liberal Inquisition that is being run on this thread? McGentrix started this thread to denounce racism. Izzy and friends are taking issue with that.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 11:12 am
1. I believe that Trump is a horrible president, and I want him to lose in November. I would vote for a hard boiled over Trump (even if the egg was demented, or a fascist, or a demented fascist).

2. I support Black Lives Matter, immigrant rights, etc. Trump is horrible for all of these issues.

3. I think liberals here are acting like assholes, and I wish they would stop.

These can all be true. Whether or not I agree with them doesn't matter. They are still acting like assholes. How people act matters whether the are on my political side or not.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 11:13 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

If this isn't the claim... then why the 5 pages of personal attacks on McGentrix?

5 pages of refusing to swallow bullshit.

McGentrix hasn’t denounced racism, he's supporting a racist.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 11:18 am
@InfraBlue,
Out of curiosity, what comes to mind when you watch this video?

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 12:22 pm
@McGentrix,
What comes to mind is that you're avoiding the issue that the top of the Republican party is actively promoting racism/racists beliefs.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 12:29 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

What comes to mind is that you're avoiding the issue that the top of the Republican party is actively promoting racism/racists beliefs.

Ok, going to evade the question then...

I saw a video taken out of context that probably had a lot more content that wasn't shown. I didn't automatically start frothing at the mouth screaming RACISM!!!!! at my monitor. You kknow, like a Liberal would do if instead they were saying "White power!"

Shame you couldn't see that too.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 12:31 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Shame you couldn't see that too.

In order to see that Infra Blue would have to be clinically insane.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 12:31 pm
@McGentrix,
So, what do you make of Trump's retweet?
coldjoint

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 12:33 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
McGentrix hasn’t denounced racism, he's supporting a racist.

Trump is not a racist. People say he is. There is quite a difference in his actions toward and for minorities.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 12:35 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

What is the point of the liberal Inquisition that is being run on this thread? McGentrix started this thread to denounce racism. Izzy and friends are taking issue with that.

The claim is that McGentrix is giving Trump a pass on racism while denouncing the racism of certain posters on A2K. It doesn't jibe.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 12:37 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

So, what do you make of Trump's retweet?

I see Trump was spoon fed a tweet by someone, probably a liberal wanting to trap him, that showed a bunch of old people in golf carts wearing Trump stuff and supporting his campaign. I see Trump just retweeting it because Pro-Trump. I see Trumps campaign fall on their asses and get it removed in three hours.

Believe it or not (I don't really care but it is good to keep conversation going) I doubt Trump reads have the the stuff he retweets or what is on twitter. I doubt he is just sitting around on a couch all day pouring over twitter looking for stuff. He keeps a pretty tight schedule.
engineer

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 01:02 pm
@InfraBlue,
It all plays back to the "white solidarity" part of racism, the willingness of the white majority to excuse or quietly disagree but say nothing about the racist comments of the vocal few. It's fairly easy to distance yourself from the blatant racism that the most extreme posters spew on A2K. They are anonymous and rejecting them doesn't really challenge your worldview. Doing the same with politicians who you otherwise agree with is harder. Honestly, hats off to McG for actively denouncing the racists comments here. He didn't have to do that and honestly I've never associated those comments with him anyway. Still, he's bending over backwards to defend the President who has a long history of making comments ranging from questionable to outright racist, not only on twitter, and doubling down when asked about it. The difference between what the President does and what happens on A2K is just a matter of degree, not substance. Allowing one while condemning the other is a tough sell.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 01:11 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
It all plays back to the "white solidarity" part of racism

I got news for you, if there was white solidarity none of this would be happening. About 13% of whites do not want to associate with whites. That alone shots any solidarity down right there.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 01:16 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

It all plays back to the "white solidarity" part of racism, the willingness of the white majority to excuse or quietly disagree but say nothing about the racist comments of the vocal few. It's fairly easy to distance yourself from the blatant racism that the most extreme posters spew on A2K. They are anonymous and rejecting them doesn't really challenge your worldview. Doing the same with politicians who you otherwise agree with is harder. Honestly, hats off to McG for actively denouncing the racists comments here. He didn't have to do that and honestly I've never associated those comments with him anyway. Still, he's bending over backwards to defend the President who has a long history of making comments ranging from questionable to outright racist, not only on twitter, and doubling down when asked about it. The difference between what the President does and what happens on A2K is just a matter of degree, not substance. Allowing one while condemning the other is a tough sell.

This is Bullshit! The claim still is that "Anyone who supports Trump is a racist". The problem is that it sets up two extremes ... you are either good or evil, racist or progressive, with us or against us.

There are all of things that are considered racist by some people and not by others.

- People in blackface.
- White people wearing dreadlocks.
- White women wearing hoop earrings.
- The use of the words "Whitelist" and "Blacklist" in computing (I had to add entries to a whitelist as part of my job this week and thought about it).

Honest people will disagree on this. A decent person can think that Oralloy's weird conspiracy theories are racist while thinking that White Christmas is perfectly fine. The calls for ideological purity are unreasonable.

There are also lots of reasons people might support Trump, including the abortion issue, or fears about gun rights, or simply a dislike of Democrats.

The liberals are setting up an Inquisition where each poster on Able2know is to be judged for crimes against liberalism... except it isn't really liberalism they are pushing here.

It is a strange new world where people are attacked for letting their hair grow the wrong way.

McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 01:18 pm
@engineer,
I guess we all have a line that gets crossed where one side is racism and the other is not. Some people lines are a lot easier to cross than others.

A racist wouldn't hire another race to work for them. A racist would actively work to put another race down. A racist uses racist terms to describe another race. A racist would put their race above all others. A racist uses derogatory terms to describe another race. A racist doesn't believe other races to be equal.

The liberal media has over used the term racist so much that it no longer means anything objectively. Saying all whites are racist or all Republicans are racist means nothing. In fact, what it does do is allow the actual racists a bit of a break because now, everyone is labelled as they are.

Trump has been in the media a LOOOONG time. Has he ever once been overheard using any racist terms? Has Trump excluded minorities from his cabinet or inner circle? Does Trump advocate for Whites over others?

No. It's easy to call Trump a racist because he is an old white man. He must be racist.

You say he has a long history of "making comments ranging from questionable to outright racist, not only on twitter, and doubling down when asked about it." Show me one with the context it was used that Trump obviously showed his racism. He is part of a generation of privileged white people. That doesn't mean he is a blatant racist like the idiots we have on A2K going on about blacks trying to kill and rape them.

Shame on you for equating the two.