Are you disappointed 21st century tech is not as advanced and/or as sophisticated as you expected?

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:24 pm
@JGoldman10,
Because I'm not going to follow the word of a known conman just because he is a pastor. It means he does not care to follow the word of God. This was not a momentary lapse in judgment; the several articles I read says this was going on for years. I mean, what pastor would sell miracles for $1,000?

And the implant chips are already banned in several US states, and they are barely in use. It also appears that the first person to connect the chips to the Mark of the Beast is a Christian conspiracy theorist.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/mark_dice

How many conspiracy theorists do you follow? This is like the third one I know about.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 09:33 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I wish I'd bookmarked those videos when I first watched them a long time ago when I had the chance. Hopefully I can still find them. I hope they weren't taken down.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 12:22 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Well I am sure you've heard at some point in time between the late '90s and now that somewhere in Europe they were working on grafting microchips into people's skins?

That is taking the Mark of the Beast. Such tech exists.

You mean my cats and dogs are now control by the devil?
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 12:25 am
@BillRM,
I saw something online about pets having microchips grafted into them.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 03:55 am
Could thought and dream projection tech actually exist in real life? I recall in an episode of one of the animated Batman series from the '90s Hugo Strange hooked Batman up to some kind of machine that could project what was in Batman's mind to be seen on a screen. With this tech Strange was able to learn that Bruce Wayne is Batman's secret identity.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 04:13 am
@Rebelofnj,
It wasn’t that long ago that barcodes were supposed to be the mark of the beast.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 09:04 am
@JGoldman10,
Neuroscientists in Japan have used MRI scans to read the dreams of subjects right after they fall asleep. They are 60% accurate in describing the dreams.

They are still trying to read dreams in deep sleep, and the scientists have noted that it would be impossible to create a general dream reading machine as everyone's minds work differently.
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-22031074
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 04:17 am
As of the time of the posting of this I just discovered this video when I went to YouTube:

It was one of the videos I saw listed on the homepage.

I wasn't even thinking about this video but I thought it would be worth sharing.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2020 07:41 pm
I know sounds a bit science fictional, or fantastical at least, but if thought and dream projection tech actually existed on a large scale it would save cartoon makers a fortune.

The cartoon makers could see exactly what they envision cartoons to be on a projection screen, with sound and visuals intact. That would save them a lot of work also.

Music makers and video game makers could have similar experiences.
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2020 04:24 am
@JGoldman10,
It sounds like they could only use the dreams of one person, instead of being a team effort.

Also, many times people will have an idea, but it does not look good in paper or the person projecting the dream may have forgot certain details.

For example, it took several years, different directors, and multiple shorts for Bugs Bunny to be fully formed.

And dreams have a habit of being abstract and far too personal, forcing the creative team to rework the dream.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2020 04:30 am
@Rebelofnj,
“MartinLuther King had a dream.
Dreams are where Elmo and Toy Story had a party,
And I went there.”

Ralph Wiggum.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 06:05 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Many famous fictional characters undergo some kind of evolution. Why do a lot of characters evolve physically? Are animators, cartoonists, game designers, etc. looking for ways to improve upon the character?
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 06:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
You are a creator; you should know why.

Creators are never satisfied with the first versions of their works. Hence why there are small changes over time, either in the appearance or the personality.

It is more apparent when a creation is handled by multiple people over a long period of time
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 06:59 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

You are a creator; you should know why.

Yes, that was a silly question. I sometimes redesign characters because I didn't like the way earlier and preliminary versions looked, and I redesign characters until I get character designs I'm happy with. I sometimes want to fix and/or improve upon character designs.

Sometimes an individual artist and/or director redesigns characters to flesh them out more. Sometimes they redesign characters to make them easier to draw and/or animate.

Charles Schultz was partly responsible for Garfield's current design, which I didn't know. He looked at Jim Davis' early drawings of Garfield and told Davis to give Garfield "large human feet". This is why Garfield has large feet and stands erect now.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 07:06 pm
@JGoldman10,
I cannot think of any character that has been around for over 10 years that hasn't changed in some way in that time. Even newer characters like Frozen's Elsa have different appearances and evolved attitudes in both films.

Speaking of Shultz, the Peanuts looked much different in their original incarnation than their current design.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 07:13 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Are you obsessed with the Frozen movies? Disney has made a bunch of other feature animated films in the past two decades that were popular besides these films.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 07:14 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Early versions of fictional characters often look different than their predecessors.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 07:23 pm
@JGoldman10,
My nieces watch them over and over again.

I'm just using those films because you said you didn't care for them. Plus, it seems you haven't seen any Disney animated film since 2000. You are aware of Wreck it Ralph, but I don't think you saw either film.

If you want, I can start using Steven Universe as my go-to modern day example.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 07:25 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Lol. Okay.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 07:48 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I know about Wreck-it-Ralph 1 and 2, Zootopeia, The Incredibles 1 and 2. I saw part of The Incredibles on TV. I've seen Meet The Robinsons. I know about the Cars movies and the Toy Story sequels.

As far as feature animation from other studios that was produced in the last two decades go, I know about Angry Birds 1 and 2, the Despicable Me movies, Sing and Warner Bros.' Storks, and Robots and Pixels. I mentioned Looney Tunes: Back In Action a few times.

There was some feature animated film that came out about an astronaut who lands on another planet and the aliens live in a civilization that's modelled after 1950's American society. The aliens treat the human astronaut like he's an extraterrestrial. I forgot what that was called.

I'm not going to touch upon Sausage Party. That's a disgusting perverted mess. No I didn't see that. I read about it.

I know the Sonic the Hedgehog movie did well. I know about the other live-action/CGI-animated films that came out.

There's been a bunch of feature animated films that have come out in the last two decades, mostly CGI-animated, but I don't keep up with all of them.

I know about the animated DC and Marvel comic book movies that have come out.