Are you disappointed 21st century tech is not as advanced and/or as sophisticated as you expected?

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 05:40 pm
@BillRM,
I know. Reb pointed that out too. Robot fighting competitions aren't very popular though.
BillRM

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 08:27 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I know. Reb pointed that out too. Robot fighting competitions aren't very popular though.

This fighting robots are new an will take time to catch on.

Next they are now control by humans an the next step would be to have them fighting under their own control.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 05:25 am
We know automatonic tech is constantly evolving and becoming more advanced. Some people are concerned about robots taking over jobs. The downside to robots doing certain jobs is that there is no 100% guarantee a robot won't make any kind of mistake as far as I know. I don't know of any kind of work bots that are made and programmed without any falliblities.

I don't want a robot performing surgery on me or doing any kind of dental work on me.

If a work bot were to make any kind of mistake what contingency plan or plans would the bot makers and programmers have to fall back on?

Hypothetically, could criminals wise up and design and use robots to cat burgle for them and commit other kinds of crimes?

Could they make and design any bots that are waterproof and resistant to regular bullets?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 05:56 am
@BillRM,
JGoldman thinks you’re a Christian. I was voted down for suggesting otherwise.
BillRM

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 07:50 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

JGoldman thinks you’re a Christian. I was voted down for suggesting otherwise.

What does my religion or more to the point my lack of religion belief have anything to do with this thread?
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 09:37 pm
@BillRM,
Hi Bill. I don't know either.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 01:08 am
@BillRM,
I just thought you might want to know what someone was saying about you on a public forum.

And this is a thread started by JGoldman, they all go a bit preachy after a while.
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 02:34 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I just thought you might want to know what someone was saying about you on a public forum.

And this is a thread started by JGoldman, they all go a bit preachy after a while.

Kind of similar to the Trump method of trying to redirect attention at times?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 02:43 am
@BillRM,
Check out his thread on the coronavirus.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 11:05 am
@JGoldman10,
Despite what you think, robotics are not as advanced as you think.

No robot is performing surgery alone. Other doctors are still involved, with others even controlling the robot.

Same with military drones; they are all operated by remote pilots on the ground.

Criminals are more likely to use computer hacking than use robots or drones.

If criminals could make robots that are resistant to bullets, they would make more money selling that idea to the military or some private robotics company.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 04:09 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Okay.

Smart assistants are pretty advanced - Alexa, Google Assistant, Amazon Echo, Siri, etc. Smart assistants are a fairly recent invention.

I've seen a few videos in which some of those AIs seemingly gained sentience. I kid you not.

I don't know how to explain that. They were like something out of a bad sci-fi movie.

Did you ever see any of the Short Circuit
movies? What I saw in the videos wasn't comedic. Those AIs were spewing evil.

Pastor Benny Hinn had a guest on his Christian talk show a few years ago. The guest come on the show to talk about his prophetic visions of the future. One of the things they talked about was the current state of and the future of robotics. The guest had been somewhere in the Middle East at a conference. He said he saw an AI leading a Q&A session at the conference the AI said something about robots taking over the world.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 04:32 pm
@JGoldman10,
I use Alexa on a daily basis. It is basically a glorified search engine.

It is not at all capable of making conversations with users. 20% of the time, it cannot understand what I am saying or doesn't know the answer.

If it actually passed the Turing Test (a test of a machine's ability to exhibit intelligent behaviour equivalent to, or indistinguishable from, that of a human) as you are claiming, then that would be a major step in artificial intelligence.

Also, users can make Alexa say almost anything. They would just use the voice prompt "Simon say..." then whatever sentence.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 04:47 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Okay. Look the videos up on YouTube or on any video-sharing sites if you don't believe me.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 04:50 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Pastor Benny Hinn had a guest on his Christian talk show a few years ago. The guest came on the show to talk about his prophetic visions of the future. One of the things they talked about was the current state of and the future of robotics. The guest had been somewhere in the Middle East at a conference. He said he saw an AI leading a Q&A session at the conference; the AI said something about robots taking over the world.

-FIXED.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 04:57 pm
@Rebelofnj,
https://free.messianicbible.com/feature/end-time-technology-deceived/
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 05:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
Or you could share the videos since you brought up the topic.

I'm not going to waste time looking for videos that are likely staged and fake.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 05:15 pm
@JGoldman10,
That article is a bit anti-semitic as it kept referring to the "Jewish Google Executive" but does not use his name at all.

Also, I looked up Benny Hinn. He apparently has a history of scams and using his church for cons.
https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2019/september/benny-hinn-renounces-prosperity-gospel.html
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:06 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Well I am sure you've heard at some point in time between the late '90s and now that somewhere in Europe they were working on grafting microchips into people's skins?

That is taking the Mark of the Beast. Such tech exists.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:10 pm
@Rebelofnj,
A lot of major church leaders and ministries were involved in some kind of scandal in the past. And? What is the point you are making?

I said in the recent Christian animation, comics and video games thread I posted Mark Crouch came under fire because he used money that was supposed to help fund his ministry and TBN to fund his Omega Code movies.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:11 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I didn't read the article that closely.
0 Replies