Do Warner Bros. and Disney still dominate the TV toon market like they did in the late 20th century?

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 02:11 am
@Rebelofnj,
There is a new series produced by the co-creator of Rick and Morty which I've seen advertised online.

I know there are new shows in production and being shown on Adult Swim. I stopped watching Adult Swim for a lot of reasons. I'm not really a fan of a lot of adult cartoons. A lot of them are off-the-wall and go against my beliefs as a Christian.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 04:25 am
@JGoldman10,
It seems like most cartoons you have liked have some kind of witchcraft or pagan element.

Loony Tunes has that green witch character, and one of their most critically acclaimed shorts, What's Opera, Doc?, is heavily based on Viking mythology.

And didn't your pastor or mother say that talking animal cartoons, like the Catillac Cats, are not of God?
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 05:31 am
@Rebelofnj,
My American penpal said Christians shouldn't do any kind of anthropomorphic characters.

My pastor said my cartoons and comics would be better without anthropomorphic characters.

Yes, my mom is in agreement with what my penpal said.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 05:36 am
@JGoldman10,
Then why are you using talking animals in one of your projects, against the word of Christians you know? Why are you watching and being influenced by cartoons with talking animals?

This is all hypocritical of you.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 03:28 pm
@Rebelofnj,
My mother said if God wanted animals to talk He would have made them that way. Yes she thinks anthromorphizing things and doing anthropomorphic stuff is evil. I asked her.

She thinks Annoying Orange is horrible and disturbing.

My American penpal said anthromorphic stuff is fabular and promotes paganism.

As I told my American penpal I said I had other ideas for cartoons and comics but they were mostly centered around "furries"/"funny animals". And they were going to be comedic.

He said Christians can't do any kind of anthropomorphic characters.

I didn't say I was still going to develop my first original idea.

I didn't say I still watch anthropomorphic cartoons.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 03:34 pm
@JGoldman10,
Have you tried thinking for yourself?
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 04:22 pm
@JGoldman10,
But you don't negatively talk about Catillac Cats, Roger Rabbit, or Looney Tunes like you did with The Little Mermaid, which suggests you still like those talking animal cartoons.

At the same time, you don't promote any show or cartoon that is Christian friendly, that has no anthropomorphism or witchcraft of any kind.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 06:35 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Yes, that's somewhat hypocritical of me. I got your point.

I used to be a big Woody Woodpecker fan too. I used to watch a lot of secular cartoons in my youth.

There is stuff in these cartoons that is off-the-wall from a Christian standpoint. My American Christian penpal talked about secular entertainment - cartoons, comics, video games, etc., - and he talked to me at length about it.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 07:30 pm
@JGoldman10,
Is there any cartoons you like that isn't disliked by your pastor/penpal/mother and is Christian?

It seems like everything you said you watched is not Christian at all, according to your religious advisers.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 08:13 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I said I watched a lot of secular cartoons in my youth.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 08:16 pm
@JGoldman10,
To repeat:
Are there any cartoons you like that isn't disliked by your pastor/penpal/mother and is Christian?

I didn't ask about the secular cartoons you watched, since that is the only cartoons you talk about.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 08:24 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I have to think about it.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 08:42 pm
@JGoldman10,
If you have to think about, then whatever Christian cartoon you saw was not memorable.

It is not exactly a hard question that requires deep thought.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 01:02 am
@Rebelofnj,
Fat Albert.

There's a load of Bible stories for kids made with animated vegetables. I don't know why talking rabbits are bad but talking aubergines are absolutely peachy.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 08:10 pm
@izzythepush,
For the last time
Fat Albert
did not inspire any cartoons and/or comics I said I wanted to develop and produce you TROLL.

I think I only mentioned Fat Albert in the past to bring up a few cartoon series I know of that African Americans produced. There have been a number of cartoon series about African American characters.

But since you are bringing "furries"/"funny animals" and anthropomorphic food stuffs up let me bring up what my American Christian penpal had to say about anthropomorphism in cartoons, comics, video games and other media.

He said Christians should not do any anthropomorphic characters of ANY kind because such things are fabular. Such things promote paganism and the occult.

He said secular cartoonists, animators, etc. got the idea to create anthropomorphic characters from familiars- evil spirits roaming around masquerading as anthropomorphic animals and such.

I'm paraphrasing what he said.

Jesus dissuaded people from doing fables because these distract people from the Simpson Truth of the Word of God.

The only times anthropomorphic entities were mentioned in the Bible were in fables.

My penpal is a writer. He said people and animals should be treated realistically.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 08:20 pm
@JGoldman10,
So you have decided to not move forward with that street fighting cats and dogs series idea?

It seemed you spend a lot of time doing research and asking people for help for that particular project.

Does this mean that you will now start criticizing Roger Rabbit and Looney Tunes, as they promote paganism according to your penpal?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 10:16 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Have you ever noticed in a lot of (old) secular cartoons characters are sometimes depicted wearing red devil suits, or sprouting devil horns when they get mad, or that the Devil is shown as some red-skinned anthropomorphic entity with a beard, pitchfork and tail, and that St. Peter is shown sitting outside the Gates of Heaven with a book waiting to check people in, and sometimes when people pass they become angels? And so on?

These images all stem from paganistic ideologies.

They are not biblical. Secular people have a perverted misconception on spiritual things, and on the things of God and the Bible.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 10:22 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Originally, I just wanted to produce simple stuff to entertain kids with and make a lot of money doing so.
Then my mother, pastor and American penpal got involved.

I had a bunch of ideas for original cartoon and comics series I wanted to develop and produce.

To be honest I'm not sure I want to move forward with developing any of these projects.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 10:28 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I'm going to ask my American penpal how many other people he shared his input regarding secular entertainment with and I want to ask him if his pastor agrees with what he said.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 10:58 pm
@Rebelofnj,
And besides the obvious elements of witchcraft, a lot of secular cartoon makers use occultic symbolism and imagery.

I mentioned the use of the All-Seeing Eye image in a lot of secular cartoons.

Doing stuff centered around otherworldly monsters- vampires, ghouls, ghosts, werewolves, etc.- isn't of God either.

The Frozen movies you mentioned center around a young woman with magical ice powers, and the plotlines of both movies involve trolls.