Do Warner Bros. and Disney still dominate the TV toon market like they did in the late 20th century?

Sturgis

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
I was responding to your request about The Warriors film.

Stay focussed.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
That question can be easily answered on the Wikipedia page for The Warriors.

Even typing "The Warriors Box Office" on Google gets you the answer.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:30 pm
@Rebelofnj,
As I said I watched The Warriors to get ideas and because I was curious about it.

When my mother asked me if I "was trying to attract the world" I didn't respond. I should have said, "I want an audience and I want to make a lot of money." That would have been the truth.

Christians aren't supposed to attract the world and we aren't supposed to compromise being good Christians to appease the world. Christians aren't supposed to do everything the world does.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:33 pm
@Sturgis,
I wasn't talking to you about The Warriors. I don't care about that. You asked why would a Christian want to promote senseless violence. Please answer my questions.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:35 pm
@Rebelofnj,
That's not what I was driving at. A film can have a cult following whether it did well at the box office or not.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:38 pm
@JGoldman10,
Read your Bible. Plenty of violent activity in there and preachers applaud it regularly.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:39 pm
@JGoldman10,
Again, Wikipedia has the answer.

I'm not going to answer very easy questions.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:40 pm
@Sturgis,
Do you think the cartoons and comics I originally wanted to produce promote senseless violence?

Do you think entertainment centered around supervillains and supervillains in general promotes senseless violence?

Just answer the questions please.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
Funny enough, when Joker was about to come out in theaters last years, there were multiple worried news reports that claim the film may inspire shootings due to the film's violent content.

Despite the fears, the film was released without any shootings related to it, was a box office success, and won several awards.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
To those who believe it does, it does.

For the most part people are not going to become more violent just by viewing such materials. The problem arises when a person is predisposed towards violent behavior. It becomes greater if they are not being given guidance of a positive nature, from adults around them.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:47 pm
@Rebelofnj,
From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Warriors_(film) :

"The critical consensus reads: 'As violent as it is stylish, The Warriors is a thrilling piece of pulp filmmaking.' Entertainment Weekly named it the 16th-greatest cult film on their 'Top 50 Greatest Cult Films' list."

It had a $4-million budget and raked in $22 million at the box office. I think the film was popular.

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:56 pm
@Sturgis,
Are you talking about kids or people in general? Kids can be influenced to act negatively from watching violence in cartoons or from watching anything violent. I think kids act negatively because parents aren't disciplining them properly. Parents need to monitor what entertainment their kids are subjecting themselves to.

Adults have enough sense not to be influenced from violent acts in cartoons.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:57 pm
@Rebelofnj,
How is that "funny"? You're talking about shootings by who? Minors? Kids should not be watching a film like that in the first place.

I watched a clip from Joker; I watched the talk show scene from the movie. I didn't like it and I have no intention of ever watching the whole film.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 04:08 pm
@JGoldman10,
People. All people.

For generations children played with toy guns. There were even cap guns which made noise when the trigger was pulled. By and large though, they knew what was real and what wasn't. The same holds true with movies, television shows, books. The teaching begins in the home.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 04:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Do you think the cartoons and comics I originally wanted to produce promote senseless violence?

Do you think entertainment centered around superheroes and supervillains in general promotes senseless violence?

Just answer the questions please.

-FIXED.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 04:10 pm
@Sturgis,
I meant to ask:

"Do you think entertainment centered around superheroes and supervillains in general promotes senseless violence?"

I made a typo.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 04:11 pm
@JGoldman10,
See my previous answer! It applies across the board.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 04:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
How is that "funny"?

It is wordplay due to the film's protagonist being a clown and a comedian, both careers viewed as funny.

And the news reports talked about shootings committed by adults, not kids. They were worried about a repeat of the Aurora Theater shooting in 2012 (the gunman was in his early 20s).
https://abcnews.go.com/US/joker-movie-prompts-mass-shooting-threat-us-movie/story?id=65875724
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 04:12 pm
@Sturgis,
Okay, but what do you say about kids who don't make distinctions between fantasy and reality?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 04:13 pm
@Sturgis,
I know. I was correcting myself.
0 Replies