Do Warner Bros. and Disney still dominate the TV toon market like they did in the late 20th century?

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:23 pm
@izzythepush,
Good gangs really do exist in real life? Good gangs are violent in real life?

izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:25 pm
@JGoldman10,
So now it’s superheroes. It’s taken you about ten plus years of research to come to that conclusion.

And you’ve set yourself up to fail, you’re not creating a superhero but a whole gang of them.

Stan Lee didn’t start off with the Avengers, and when he was starting up it was easier to be original.

Even if you are original you can still fall foul of litigation. British comic hero Marvelman predated Captain Marvel by quite a few years, but the relaunch was stopped due to similarities. For a long time I thought it was just the name, but the body swapping with Rick Jones was like the keyword kimota which was central, and only in the reboot.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:28 pm
@izzythepush,
What are you talking about? I had the idea to turn the streetfighting heroes into superheroes in some stories years ago.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
And what have you done about it?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:29 pm
@izzythepush,
You didn't answer the questions:

Good gangs really do exist in real life? Good gangs are violent in real life?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:30 pm
@JGoldman10,
I was being ironic. Flipping ‘eco.

No, of course they don’t bloody exist.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:33 pm
I think when most people think of gangs in real life they think of bad gangs. There's the usual connotation of badness associated with real-life gangs. I don't know of any good gangs in real life. I want to do some research on this.

I think the closest thing I've heard to a real-life good gang is the Guardian Angels.

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:35 pm
@Sturgis,
American subcultures exist. Hillbillies and rednecks are part of American rural subculture; so are cowboys and good old boys.

You didn't answer my questions about senseless violence in the series I wanted to produce.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:40 pm
@izzythepush,
Really? Like I said I want to do research on good real-life gangs. I know good motorcycle clubs exist. There are Christian ones that do evangelic and missionary work. Motorcycle clubs are considered gangs.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:42 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I think when most people think of gangs in real life they think of bad gangs. There's the usual connotation of badness associated with real-life gangs. I don't know of any good gangs in real life. I want to do some research on this.

I think the closest thing I've heard to a real-life good gang is the Guardian Angels.

I take this back. I know good motorcycle clubs exist. There are Christian ones who do evangelistic and missionary work.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
The Guardian Angels are dangerous vigilantes, they are banned over here.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:48 pm
@JGoldman10,
Evangelism and missionary work is not good, they’re spreading religion. They’re not bringing healthcare or education.

Paedophiles often use missions as a cover for child abuse. So many priests and missionaries end up in prison for abusing children.

The best biker groups, not gangs, do Christmas present runs for sick children and they tend to be made up of individuals not gang members.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:51 pm
@izzythepush,
So you're against Christianity being spread? You must not be a Christian like I've said.

People need to get Saved.

Kenneth Copeland and Jesse Duplantis are part of Christian motorcycle clubs and their motorcycle clubs are part of their ministries.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:54 pm
@JGoldman10,
I’m against religious people telling others what to think.

They’re not saving anyone, they’re abusing kids.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:16 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
People need to get saved.

Why?
Who knows who is really "saved" anyway?

As Mother used to say, the Bible makes clear that all are going to Heabem.... er, Heaven. Even repenting sinners.

That brings to mind Brother Leroy. I first met him more than 40 years back. He was a a good man when I met him. One day he told me of his past. The terrible things he had done in his younger days. Brother Leroy had been to prison for a while as a punishment for murdering 3 persons. He did not go into detail, so don't ask.
A very good, kind man Brother Leroy was.
At any rate, he said he had been saved. He would indeed be heading out to Heaven when his time on Earth was through.

That leads me back to the Biblical writings which are credited to Heyzeus... a.k.a. Jesus. He is said to have said that in his father's house there are many mansions. (Some versions say 'tables'). In other words, all are welcome. Christian, Jew, Muslim, Atheists, the list goes on and includes all religions and other Higher Power followers.

SO, Goldman, might I ask, are you a Christian every day? All day, every day? Or only on days when you attemd church services? Do pot luck and covered dish church gatherings give you a better space in Heaven?
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:16 pm
@JGoldman10,
Is it even necessary to do even more research at this point?

Why not just make up your own rules, settings, and groups for your stories? Does it have to be accurate to real life?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:18 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

As I've said I originally wanted to produce a cartoon and/or series about streetfighting heroes that fight crime. Good gangs fighting bad gangs and other criminals. Do you think the violence in this would be senseless?

Do you think entertainment centered around superheroes and supervillains is chock-full of senseless violence? I was planning on doing stories in which the streetfighting heroes become superheroes and they fight the streetfighting villains-turned-supervillains, other supervillains, other criminals, other major threats, etc. and then doing a spin-off cartoon and/or comics series based on this.

Kids (and general audiences) like good-vs.-evil stories. Kids learn and know that crime doesn't pay.

However I don't know if this would prompt kids to try to emulate anything they saw in my cartoons and/or comics. I don't know if this would prompt them to try to do anything violent and/or to try to emulate the heroes and/or superheroes. And/or the villains and/or supervillains.

I've read, seen and/or heard of accounts of kids trying to emulate superheroes in real life; they've designed special costumes and tried to perform the special feats they've seen superheroes do.
Some kids tried to emulate Superman and they fell to their deaths. I saw a kid on TV who designed a special Batman costume that had a retractable cape and glided with it. I don't know if he ever injured himself in that suit.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:20 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Hi Rebel. You didn't answer the question:

Was The Warriors a popular film when it came out?
Sturgis

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:21 pm
@JGoldman10,
You can find this information for yourself Mr.Goldman.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:22 pm
@Sturgis,
I'm asking you what you think Mr. Sturgis.

Do you think a series about streetfighters who fight crime would promote senseless violence?

Do you think a spin-off series centered around superheroes and supervillains would promote senseless violence?

Do you think entertainment in general centered around superheroes and supervillains promotes senseless violence?