Do Warner Bros. and Disney still dominate the TV toon market like they did in the late 20th century?

Sturgis

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 12:49 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I am not particular on materials

But this goes against the biblical principles and values and teachings you are always saying that you must abide by. The bible instructs you not to mix materials. Is it prudent to disregard and thereby disrespect your God?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 02:05 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I don't know. I am not particular on materials. I don't look at labels in clothes to see what they are made of when I shop for clothes. I'm more concerned about the clothes fitting me properly. I don't care what materials the clothes are made of unless I'm getting I'm getting ready to wash clothes.

So when you said all the Bible applied you were lying. You’re just someone who cherrypicks the Bible.

All the things prohibited in Leviticus are as bad as each other. Wearing mixed fibres is as bad as homosexuality according to Leviticus, yet you do one and condemn the other.

That’s hypocrisy and bigotry dressed up as something else.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 06:03 am
@JGoldman10,
The Warriors is a pretty violent film that features several non-Christian elements and themes throughout.

Not sure why a Christian such as yourself would even watch it in the first place or allow it to influence your projects.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:07 am
@izzythepush,
I'm not a Fundie, nor am I an expert on the Bible.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:09 am
@Rebelofnj,
I wanted to do a cartoon and/or comics series about street gangs and street fighters; I watched the film to get ideas and also because I was curious about it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:13 am
@JGoldman10,
You cite Leviticus all the time when condemning homosexuality, yet you constantly break Leviticus regarding mixed cloth.

If you’re not going to observe Leviticus in its entirety stop using it to justify your bigotry.

Stop using it full stop. It’s totally mental, it’s got some real weird **** in it.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 08:27 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm going to ask my two Christian penpals about what the Bible says about mixing materials and see what they say.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 08:28 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Was The Warriors a very popular film when it came out?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 08:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I know I cited the film The Warriors as a source of inspiration for my cartoon and/or comics series about streetfighting cats and dogs that fight crime, but I had the idea for this series long before I saw the movie. I only saw the film on G4TV a couple of years ago before G4TV disbanded.

The cartoon fight scenes I drew didn't show any blood and/or guts. I drew cartoon characters beating each other up - characters street fighting in exaggerated cartoon fashion.

To clarify, there were no blood and guts; there wasn't going to be any. I wanted to aim my material at kids.

What I drew was no different than what you see in cartoons like Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Darkwing Duck, Popeye, Mighty Mouse, Danger Mouse, or any other comedic cartoon series that are aimed at kids in which characters fight violently.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 09:27 pm
Imagine a cartoon fight scene like the one in this clip:

but being a lot more violent, which no blood and/or guts of course. This should give you an idea of what I was drawing.

I wanted to find a free, longer clip from the episode of the Looney Tunes Show the clip above is from is that shows Daffy Duck and Foghorn Leghorn beating each other up, and Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam beating each other up to better illustrate the point I was making but couldn't; I think you people get my point.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:18 pm
@JGoldman10,
Still not quite sure why you want to portray so much senseless violence. Needless violence. That just does not jibe with the wallet photo type of Christian values that you are always saying you have.

Why not create characters that while they may have differing views and may even consider getting even with another, find a path to peaceful resolution.

Reach deep and develop characters more along the lines of Mohandas Mahatma Gandhi and other similar people.

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:08 pm
@Sturgis,
I said I am not sure I still want to a cartoon and/or comics series about streetfighting characters that fight crime. I said I kind of abandoned that idea.

I want to work on more traditional slapsticky comedic stuff. That's why I came out with an idea for a cartoon and/or cartoon comedy series about a hillbilly and redneck that live next door to each other. I have other ideas for slapsticky comedic cartoons and/or comics series too.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:37 am
@Sturgis,
You used the key words: senseless violence. A lot of cartoons aimed at kids, especially a lot of comedic ones, are chock-full of senseless violence. What's the point of it?

As far as I know now most kids don't learn anything from it and if anything it can negatively influence their behavior.

Maybe sensible, intelligent kids learn not to do any of the senseless violent things they see in cartoons. There are reports that kids see so much violent acts on TV they become desensitized to it. My brother and I never tried to emulate the violent acts we saw in cartoons.

I remember back in the '90s Darkwing Duck sparked a lot of contraversy, and two of the reasons was because they depicted characters talking about killing other characters, and the show made jokes about characters getting killed off. I think this was considered unheard of, shocking and unorthodox for a Disney cartoon show aimed at kids back then.

I remember my family and I temporarily stayed with another family back in the late '90s to early 2000's. The mother of the other family had three children; her youngest was a little boy.

One day I observed the little boy watching Pokemon and Digimon, two cartoon shows that were very popular at the time, and these were two shows the boy liked. When those cartoons came on the boy acted crazy, hyper and somewhat aggressive. Around this time there was news that a certain episode of Pokemon caused millions of kids to go into epileptic shock. That's evil.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:43 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I said I am not sure I still want to produce a cartoon and/or comics series about streetfighting characters that fight crime. I said I kind of abandoned that idea.

I want to work on more traditional slapsticky comedic stuff. That's why I came out with an idea for a cartoon and/or cartoon comedy series about a hillbilly and redneck that live next door to each other. I have other ideas for slapsticky comedic cartoons and/or comics series too.

-FIXED.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:01 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
One day I observed the little boy watching Pokemon and Digimon, two cartoon shows that were very popular at the time, and these were two shows the boy liked. When those cartoons came on the boy acted crazy, hyper and somewhat aggressive. Around this time there was news that a certain episode of Pokemon caused millions of kids to go into epileptic shock. That's evil.

The seizure causing episode was completely unintentional. They never re-aired the episode again after it was shown once in Japan. It never aired at all in the US or anywhere else. Also, the "millions of kids" stat is exaggerated; apparently only a few thousand were affected and many did not require hospital care.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denn%C5%8D_Senshi_Porygon
izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 06:54 am
@JGoldman10,
So your two penpals know more than the Bible.

None of you are Christians are you?

Either you accept or reject Leviticus in its entirety, no cherry picking.

You have to wonder what sick society Leviticus came from with all that stuff about donkey shagging in it. That’s not something that even happens in most societies.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:12 pm
@Sturgis,
As I've said I originally wanted to produce a cartoon and/or series about streetfighting heroes that fight crime. Good gangs fighting bad gangs and other criminals. Do you think the violence in this would be senseless?

Do you think entertainment centered around superheroes and supervillains is chock-full of senseless violence? I was planning on doing stories in which the streetfighting heroes become superheroes and they fight the streetfighting villains-turned-supervillains, other supervillains, other criminals, other major threats, etc. and then doing a spin-off cartoon and/or comics series based on this.

Kids (and general audiences) like good-vs.-evil stories. Kids learn and know that crime doesn't pay.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:14 pm
@JGoldman10,
Yeah because ‘good gangs’ are a real thing. Running errands for old ladies while wearing their colours, walking dogs, that sort of thing happens all the time.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:18 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
...hillbilly and redneck...

That, dear man, is a form of bigotry.

Think that it's not? Substitute a person of color into the same set-up.

Does your God approve of bigotry?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 02:21 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Regardless of whether the seizure inductions were intentional or not, Pokemon and Digimon are still evil. Both of those shows and the games they are based on glorify witchcraft and occultism.

I remember there were Christian teachings done that talked about the different kinds of witchcraft used in Pokemon.
0 Replies