Do Warner Bros. and Disney still dominate the TV toon market like they did in the late 20th century?

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2020 08:14 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I'll repeat the question, since no one else answered and I think it bears repeating:

What do kids learn from watching cartoon violence?

I took the liberty of answering other people's questions. Someone please answer mine.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2020 08:26 pm
@Rebelofnj,
When my mother talked to me at length about the cartoons and comics I wanted to develop and produce, I told her that I watched a lot of violent cartoons in my youth and that never prompted to go do anything violent.

To paraphrase, she said, "No, but that violent influence showed up in your work." Violent content in my cartoons and comics is one of the things she had a problem with, and was concerned about to an extent.

I was not trying to develop cartoons and comics to win her approval, I was making them for kids and doing it to make a lot of money.

My mother, my current pastor and my American Christian penpal were not the only ones who called me out about my work. I remember back in art school a few of my fellow animation students and even some of my animation instructors tried to do this. They criticized my work for being too violent.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2020 08:31 pm
I remember when I was in high school I read an article in a local newspaper about two teenage boys who burned their house down; they got the idea to do that from watching an episode of Beavis and Butthead.

I would think older kids would have enough sense not to do something that stupid.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2020 09:05 pm
@izzythepush,
No. My focus right now is getting myself and my mother financially situated first. We still need to deal with an ombudsman to help us get our financial situations dealt with and our business with Social Security squared away. After this is done then I can deal with employment, and then get what I need to get some comics and cartoons produced professionally - materials, tools, equipment, resources, the training I was talking about - training to learn how to voice act professionally and to produce comics professionally, etc.

I do write and draw things in my free time.

I would like to get my internet service reinstated on my laptop and get ink for my 4-in-1 inkjet printer but I need to make sure I can afford this first.

I need a job. I haven't worked regularly in a long time. I need income.

My cousin has been helping me out with personal business and such.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2020 03:55 am
@JGoldman10,
Still waiting for an answer on Leviticus.
Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2020 04:20 am
@JGoldman10,
You already answered your own question when you linked to several articles.
https://able2know.org/topic/530541-33#post-7047097

What else can I provide? I'm assuming you read each article fully and know more than I do on the subject.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2020 04:25 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
My mother, my current pastor and my American Christian penpal were not the only ones who called me out about my work. I remember back in art school a few of my fellow animation students and even some of my animation instructors tried to do this. They criticized my work for being too violent.

If basically everyone who seen your work criticized its violence, did you take that criticism to heart and made your works much less violent?

If your fellow animation classmates and teachers thought your work was too violent, then it was definitely unsuitable for children.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2020 04:38 am
@Rebelofnj,
He has said that his cartoon series about street fighting gangs was inspired by The Warriors.

That definitely wasn’t suitable for children, it’s incredibly violent, realistic graphic violence not cartoon violence.

Violence does seem a running theme in his works.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2020 04:41 am
@izzythepush,
Having said that my books are both very violent but they’re marketed to adults. When I submitted them I had to say whether or not they would be suitable for children. They’re not. Adults only.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2020 12:11 pm
@JGoldman10,
Given your current situation, will any of your projects be shown to the public at all within the next 5 years?
Seems like there is always something stopping you from fulfilling this goal: family, finances, technology, government laws, lack of focus, etc.

You said to me last year March 2019 in an email exchange that you had planned to release something before 2020 but I haven't seen any project.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2020 12:20 pm
@Rebelofnj,
That's what I'm aiming for. I'm hoping I can get something out there in the next 5 years.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2020 12:43 pm
@izzythepush,
Do you think any of the drawing and/or (creative) writing I do in my free time is putting any money on my pocket? No.

I'm considering producing online commissions work - drawing and writing - on sites like Deviantart and Newgrounds to earn some money but I don't know how that's going to work when my only source of internet access for the time being is my smartphone.

I have a 2D black-and-white hand drawing that I would like to digitally ink and paint before I showcase it on Newgrounds and Deviantart, which I snapped a pic of with my smartphone and saved to my smartphone, but I don't know what 2D drawing and painting app I should use. I had a problem using Sketchbook and Ibis Paint. I was trying to find a simple MS Paint-like app that I could simply ink and color my drawing with. Microsoft does not make any MS Paint mobile apps.

Apparently, no one here seems to know what simple 2D drawing and painting app I should get for an Android smartphone:

https://able2know.org/topic/545550-1#post-7046120

It would be far more professional to scan whatever artwork I have into my 4-in-1 inkjet printer and save into my laptop and then digitally ink and paint the artwork in MS Paint or whatever simple 2D drawing and painting app I have in my laptop.

This is why I need to get internet service reinstated on my laptop and get ink for my inkjet printer.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2020 01:06 pm
@JGoldman10,
You only talk about looking for work when challenged on your procrastination. Otherwise it never gets a mention.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2020 01:08 pm
@JGoldman10,
Izzy asked about if you follow all the laws listed in Leviticus.

You responded by talking about your need to get an art app and getting your printer set up.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2020 01:36 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I'll get back to him.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2020 01:42 pm
@JGoldman10,
Do it then. Do you wear clothes made of mixed fibres? A simple yes or no will suffice.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2020 02:46 pm
Right now I'm still trying to figure out how I can do to get the professional voice acting training I want and need.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2020 02:52 pm
@JGoldman10,
How will that bring money in?

You just said your priority was getting work, and now it’s something else.

I very much doubt you’ll finish anything because you always have an excuse.

Maybe you should do that, write a book of excuses, you must have hundreds already.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 08:38 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't know. I am not particular on materials. I don't look at labels in clothes to see what they are made of when I shop for clothes. I'm more concerned about the clothes fitting me properly. I don't care what materials the clothes are made of unless I'm getting I'm getting ready to wash clothes. The only times I really look at labels in clothes is when I want to know what size the clothes are and when I need to look at washing and drying instructions.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 08:46 pm
@izzythepush,
I know I cited the film The Warriors as a source of inspiration for my cartoon and/or comics series about streetfighting cats and dogs that fight crime, but I had the idea for this series long before I saw the movie. I only saw the film on G4TV a couple of years ago before G4TV disbanded.

The cartoon fight scenes I drew didn't show any blood and/or guts. I drew cartoon characters beating each other up - characters street fighting in exaggerated cartoon fashion.