edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2019 05:00 pm
Democracy Dies Without Alternative Media
https://www.truthdig.com/articles/democracy-dies-without-alternative-media/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 07:25 am
DNC Committee Votes Down Climate Debate
https://www.ecowatch.com/dnc-climate-debate-2639977048.html?fbclid=IwAR1LsLjPcGq4oOEhJj4uDQFg_J8HnZzpwwMu2wNGORyQ-OutUvQtJ-n5Yw4
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 10:25 am
Bernie Sanders Calls To Seize the Means of Electricity Production
The presidential candidate’s new climate plan includes moving toward 100% public ownership of power.
http://inthesetimes.com/article/22025/bernie-sanders-calls-to-seize-the-means-of-electricity-production-climate
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 04:00 pm
If we can cobble together a handful of people who are purpose-driven to save this planet and root out disgusting corruption to serve with Bern, we can turn this rotting corpse around.

If not, it’s going to be hell. Apocalypse. The rich will hide away in relative comfort while the rest of mankind fights for clean water and food.

It’s not as far away as we used to think.

Believe it.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 04:40 pm
@Lash,
Then it's best for Bern to stay in the Senate, where he can do the most good, passing legislation to combat poor and corrupt policies.
Lash

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 04:45 pm
@neptuneblue,
Nah!

It’s best for him to do his magic armed with executive orders and that sweet bully pulpit.

Bernie Sanders will be the next president. Be a part of the second American Revolution.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 04:50 pm
@Lash,
Magic...

Executive orders....

Will be...

2nd American Revolution...

Ew.
No thanks.
Next.
Lash

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 05:04 pm
@neptuneblue,
Sit down and watch.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 05:08 pm
@Lash,
Stand up and be counted.
Lash

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 05:14 pm
@neptuneblue,
I rep Bernie at local events, I make calls, I vote, I advocate.

I’m up and counted.

You’ll watch a massive wave of progressives sweep Bernie into the presidency.

Meanwhile, I’m devoted to bringing free and equal (bullshit) education to traditionally underserved children in this country. I’m standing pretty ******* tall.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 05:22 pm
@Lash,
And that's exactly why Bernie needs to stay in the Senate. To pass legislation to stop tax dollars exiting public schools for charter and private secular schools. To pass legislation for minimum clean water acts and against public dumping of chemicals into our waterways.

He won't be as effective as president as he can be as a Senator. It's knowing strengths and weaknesses and you're not looking at his weakness.
Lash

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 05:26 pm
@neptuneblue,
Ridiculous. None of those bullshit artists running as Dems will give warm spit to climate change, #M4A, or any of the desperate needs driving the anti-establishment revolution.

#OnlyBernie can be relied on to fight to save the country and the planet.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 05:28 pm
@Lash,
Is that like Al Gore claiming he invented the internet?
Lash

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 05:29 pm
@neptuneblue,
Nope. That was a stupid lie.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 05:33 pm
@Lash,
So is this:

"#OnlyBernie can be relied on to fight to save the country and the planet."

You talk like he is a Godlike figure who, he alone, can save America.

Sounds vaguely familiar.

And there's the problem. There isn't just ONE person that can do this. Knowing that Bernie is more effective in the Senate than as president is a good start.
Lash

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 05:44 pm
@neptuneblue,
I’m almost 60. I’ve paid close attention to politicians my entire life.
I’ve seen promises denied as long as I’ve lived.

Politicians never do what they don’t promise.
They rarely do what they DO promise.

The only reason I know Bernie Sanders is the only one who will do what he says is because he’s already been doing it. For decades. I have reams of footage of Bernie saying the same things that he says now.

Bernie Sanders is out in the streets, risking his safety and reputation FOR THE PEOPLE. No one else can say the same thing. NO ONE.

Therefore, Bernie Sanders is the only one

the only one

who you can trust to do what he says he’ll do.

Because he’s already been doing it.

He’ll keep doing it.

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 06:00 pm
@Lash,
Again, you spout with giddiness God-like projections of what Bernie can do as president. In fact, NONE of his policies will EVER become law as he's stonewalled into court fights, stays of execution and Senate non-vote sessions.

It's not a reality you're looking at, it's a fantasy we are cannot afford to waste time and resources on.

Allow Bernie his due - as a mover in the Senate. He will not be an effective president, ruining his last chance as a progressive. Why do you continue to support his downfall?
Lash

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 06:09 pm
@neptuneblue,
I’m content to propel this man to the presidency and watch what he does.

You do you.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 06:17 pm
@Lash,
I'm not content with that. I want real change, not the appearance of change. Bernie has good ideas but no bite into the Senate where actual legislation happens. Join me in making sure change happens, no more talk, just action.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 09:01 pm
@neptuneblue,
Actually lash wants to keep Bernie in the senate by reelecting Trump to the presidency.
0 Replies