Bernie Sanders 2020

Lash

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 04:42 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Best Lash post ever

-> -> -> "but you have an agenda." <- <- <-

Let me help you out a bit. You’ve called a subordinate clause a post.

Here’s the post:

Obviously I respect Sanders. His response after being cheated by Clinton was excessively benevolent. I think you could figure that out the first time I said it, but you have an agenda.

————————

I wouldn’t call it my best post, but it is honest.
revelette3

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 07:36 am
@Lash,
Perhaps he cared for the direction of the country should Trump win if he didn't support Clinton. I respect him for the caring for the country more than hurt feelings. I say again, at the end of the democrat primary of 16', people had a clear choice. Vote for Hillary or else risk a Trump presidency. We have seen the disastrous results, the likes of which will take generations to undo. Starting with lifetime partisan conservative supreme court judges and other like judges appointed across the country. In 2016 we knew there were going to be open spots to appoint supreme court judges and all those other judges which were not filled because of Mitch McConnell. Yet some of you decided it didn't matter, obviously.

On the health care, I hear you. My problem is that throwing out the baby with the bath water makes little sense. We can't start from scratch and have nothing in the meantime, we have to work our way up to UHC while trying to fix all the damage from Trump's sabotages and the weakness of ACA.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 07:47 am
@RABEL222,
Listen Rabel, I have a lot of respect for you. To be your age and this engaged in politics and on a new fangled (relative) thing like a social media message board is admirable. I agree a lot of time with you. But in this case you are making the same mistake that some made in 2016. In your case it makes even less sense because Bernie Sanders is not his supporters. He does not tear down others because of different ideas and beliefs to the same goal. At least not anymore than any other politician running for office.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 07:47 am
@Lash,
My agenda is that I support Bernie, truly, and understand and agree with his core strategy of trying to influence and redeem the American left. I don't PRETEND to support him and then dump him as soon as convenient.

Try and include this in your narrow-minded view: if he had betrayed his promise last time around, he would not only have contributed to Trump's victory; he would also not have had the significant impact he managed to have on the Dem's policy proposals after 2016, and he would have been unable to run in the Dem primaries this time around.

The guy is smart, smarter than you are. You should really pay greater attention to him and to what he says. As of now, you're just some superficial groupie who dances to the faint echo of his music.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 12:48 pm
@revelette3,
I will reply later to your posts. My damned tablet crashed at the end of my second paragraph and I am upset so if I say something inapproiate for give me. I judge most politicians by the people they attract. I tried to warn people about the proven crook Trump because of his past history and because of the Supreme court appointments. Trump and the republican party has screwed us with a ultraconservative s c for the next 20 years. They don't interpret the constitution they legislate from the bench as the business is a person with the right to vote proves. Bernie attracts zealots, just as Trump does. Zealots make me nervous as hell because they usually believe any means to get what they want is ok. Bernie has passed on some good ideas on to the other candidates. Bernie isent a democrat and has no power in the party so could pass few of his policies. We don't need another 4 years of gridlock whether democrat or republican. The candidate I see as able to work with a democratic congress is Warren not Bernie. And as i said before we don't need zealots, we need people who live in a rational world.
revelette3

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 01:07 pm
@RABEL222,
Sounds very reasonable to me. I hope she does win. Unfortunetly she didn't have a good night. She needs to explain her health care bill better or at least admit it will make taxes on middle class go up and explain how the plan can overcome or compensate for that. Like you, I need to go.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 03:18 pm
Michael Moore
46 mins ·
I am joining Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tomorrow to officially and publicly endorse a true hero of the people, Senator Bernie Sanders, as our next President of the United States! I have supported Bernie for over 30 years. I spoke at his rally in Burlington, VT, when he first ran for Congress. I will speak again tomorrow for him at his “Bernie Is Back!” rally at 1pm in Queensbridge Park in New York City. Everyone is welcome! Everyone who cares about the true direction this country must head in post-Trump should be there if you are within a drive or train ride from NYC. There are many good Democratic candidates running. Every poll shows the top five of them beating Trump in a head-to-head contest. We are all going to vote for whoever wins the nomination. So in the primaries and caucuses, let’s all vote for the candidate who most shares what each of us believes in. For me, that’s Bernie! Because we must not only defeat Trump, we must defeat the rotten system that gave us Trump. I’ll see you tomorrow!
Lash

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 06:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
Life is good. I’ll be glued to the footage tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton has claimed that Jill Stein and Tulsi Gabbard are “Russian assets.”

We’re raising money for the lawsuit.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 06:16 pm
@Olivier5,
I’ve been with him since 2014. I raise money for him. I’ve attended a couple of events for him. I’ve donated money to him. More than that, I began a life of service based on the ideals he fights for, and I did that long before I finally woke up to what he’d been saying for decades. I work in service of other people every day.

I sent him a DM in 2014, begging him to get in the race.

I know he’s smarter than me. He’s also smarter than you.

Despite the few things I don’t agree with, I’d fight a circle saw for him because he’s the last best chance in my lifetime to have a decent, intelligent kick ass person in the White House in my lifetime.

I love the trenches I live in with the poorest, most traumatized kids in our society. I love serving them, showing them how it feels to be respected and valued. And acknowledged.

I love to watch them soften, trust me, and excel.

They are the forcefield that makes me untouchable by you. What did you do today?

It was not in my universe.

Keep playing.

People like me have hired Bernie Sanders. We pay him well. He works for us and we work for him. It’s working for all of us right now.

Lash

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 01:51 pm
The permit for Sanders’ rally in NY was for 20K. They had to lock the gate.

He, AOC, Carmen Yulin Cruz, and Michael Moore called out the establishment in ways I haven’t heard before. It was real and specific, and it pulled the curtain back on the lies we’ve been groomed to believe for generations.

It was powerful.

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 01:53 pm
@Lash,
I saw a take on the crowd. It far exceeded the capacity they could accommodate.
Lash

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 01:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
I watched it on C-Span. It was wonderful. He’s going to be the nominee. He’ll beat Trump. I’m trying to hold off my celebration. Lots of crap will be flung, but I can already feel the tide turning. Foes are realizing the facts on the ground.

It’s Bernie or Trump.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 03:28 am
@Lash,
Let's how fast you'll dump him this time around.
Lash

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 04:12 am
@Olivier5,
I never dumped him, weirdo.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 04:36 am
@Lash,
You did dump him when he endorsed Clintlon, weirdo.
Lash

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 05:28 am
@Olivier5,
That’s a lie.

In France, do you agree with every word that comes out of the mouth of the person you plan to vote for?

That’s more closely related to a cult that politics in the America I’m familiar with.

I don’t agree with every thing Bernie says or does, but I have never dumped him.

You’re trying to find a way to shame me for disagreeing with his support of the neoliberal who elevated Trump to office. You’ll never do it.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 06:46 am
@Lash,
It's the goddamn truth! You dumped him halfway through in 2016, as one dumps an old sock.

I'm not trying to shame you. I'm trying to show you how to become a better, more loyal and more effective Bernite, by paying greater attention to how his aproach has coherence, how the Bernie who decides to run in the Democrats primaries is exactly the same as the Bernie who ends up yielding for Clinton and campaigning for her. He opted against running as an independent from the get-go, most probably because he didn't want to be another Nader. He chose to bet on engaging the Democratic-leaning electorate instead through the dems primaries. A strategy which requires abiding with the result. But it worked in that his ideas have got much more currency now than they had then. His strategy successfuly pushed his ideas in the mainstream today.

What's next? If he wins the nomination he will need 1) the DNC behind him; 2) a VP candidate. The latter is likely to be someone you won't like, and have disparaged heavily on these pages... From this medium-term outlook, it is unwise for Bernie (and his loyal supporters) to aggressively take down the likes of Warren or Harris in the heat of the battle now. Some calm and moderation is required here. Otherwise it would make it harder for a future Sanders-led ticket to get traction among both bernites and centrists in the general.

Lash

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 06:49 am
@Olivier5,
I have been with him, supporting him and his ideals every day since 2014.

Nothing you say changes that.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 07:49 am
It's okay to have been angry with Sanders when he endorsed Clinton. I didn't like the way he gave in myself. But I figured it was a way of avoiding the fate of Ralph Nader, who is shunned by most Democrats.
Lash

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 08:02 am
@edgarblythe,
That’s exactly what it was. Bernie had been a good Nader friend and he left the friendship over Nader’s role in that election.