Bernie Sanders 2020

Olivier5

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2019 04:48 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

I'm blaming you for making Bernie look like an ass.

It's a mistake to judge Sanders based on his supporters. He is far smarter, kinder and more realistic than many of his supporters.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2019 04:49 am
@neptuneblue,
Funny that you think you’re in a position to order other people’s conversation.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2019 01:08 pm
@Lash,
Odd you'd be peeved. Haven't you done similar from time to time?
Lash

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2019 02:13 pm
@Sturgis,
Told people what they can and can’t talk about?
No.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2019 02:17 pm
@Lash,
Don't be telling fibs!

In your teaching thread (Title I Classroom) you done did tell me, y'all done did, my input was not to be given!

(although it may have been meant as humor)
Lash

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2019 04:47 pm
Interesting.
Bernie gets 25 million from 1.4 million people. He won’t take big corporate money.
Biden is begging for corporate and millionaire money, promising he won’t change their status quo, and he only got 15 million.

Stick a fork in him.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2019 04:49 pm
@Sturgis,
You know it was.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2019 10:09 pm
I'm halfway expecting Bernie to drop out of the Presidential race due to health concerns. That way, Lash & Edgar can blame Hilary for somehow influencing the healthcare community with using stents to rob Bernie out of his rightful heir to the democratic nomination.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 06:06 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Our time is now.

I've been thinking of how to respond to this for a few days.

"Our time is now" sounds as if we have a date with destiny or something. This kind of thinking is useful for encouraging people to vote and making people feel historically relevant. But I think it's emptier than it sounds. For one thing, the "our" assumes that the speaker and the reader share the same political convictions. But I don't think anyone has shown that a clear majority of the voters favor Sanders. Different aspects of his plans may appeal to various voting blocs but that doesn't mean they support his whole program or that they have no misgivings about the candidate himself.

The other troubling thing is the "now". There is no "now" in something as complex as a political universe. The ebb and flow of power and influence is always in a state of flux. I can't even remember what the main topic of political debate was before the Ukraine scandal emerged — gun control? The hurricane? Epstein? The political universe is like a big bubbling septic tank with various bits of offal and crap rising to the surface, floating around a while, and then sinking back into the stew. How many times have we seen some political figure or policy rise up to the top for its fifteen minutes of fame, only to sink back into obscurity as some new piece of partially digested, now bloated, political material floats to the top and spins around in a weak eddy for a period of time? "Now" quickly turns to "then" and the masses cry for something fresh — and, sure enough, soon we detect some new lump of shimmering, slimy political material, festooned with promise and hope, slowly rising to the top to take its place in our collective political imagination for a week or two. "Now" is overrated in this game.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 11:47 am
There's an article in today's NYT questioning the "secretive" atmosphere surrounding the senator's recovery. I didn't format a big headline here because there's not much to the story and I personally believe strongly in medical privacy. Think of it as a you "heard it here first" sort of story — and, with any luck, you'll have "heard it here last".
0 Replies

NACHOFUNNYMAN

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 01:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
PHOTO SHOPPED .. look at his left foot covering the hand of the cell phone behind him.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 01:33 pm
@NACHOFUNNYMAN,
Get your eyesight checked. Sanders's foot is not on any hand - his, the cellphone holder, yours or that of Mikey Pompeo. Sanders's trouser leg is obscuring the heel of his shoe.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 01:48 pm
The knives are out for Sanders. You will be treated to a carnival of character assassination until the election. I’m just hoping they stop after the election. The Third Way Media machine is in such a hyperdrive, they might try to do to Sanders what they’ve been doing to Trump—with a nod to the fact that Trump makes it easy.

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 01:51 pm
@NACHOFUNNYMAN,
Whatever, dude.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 01:56 pm
There is a bit of a circus over Bernie's episode in the hospital. But he is going to be in the next debate. It may actually have benefited him, this rest he's been getting because his voice needed a rest. He should be fit and raring by then.
Lash

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 02:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
Heh. I’d sent his campaign an email to get somebody to take resting his voice seriously before the next debate and get him a better sound system...

He needs a better, more forceful...throat assistant.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 05:13 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
The knives are out for Sanders. You will be treated to a carnival of character assassination until the election. I’m just hoping they stop after the election. The Third Way Media machine is in such a hyperdrive, they might try to do to Sanders what they’ve been doing to Trump—with a nod to the fact that Trump makes it easy.

1. Are you Lash, implying that Donald Trump hasn't been treated fairly?

2. Or, are you Lash, implying that Donald Trump has been treated fairly?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2019 03:09 am
Quote:
Bernie Sanders suffered a heart attack, campaign reveals
By MATT PEARCE, LA Times, OCT. 4, 2019

Bernie Sanders suffered a heart attack this week, his presidential campaign disclosed Friday as the Vermont senator was discharged from a Las Vegas hospital.

The disclosure, which came 2½ days after Sanders was first hospitalized, is likely to bring further scrutiny of the 78-year-old’s health as he seeks to resume campaigning to become the nation’s oldest president.

Sanders, 78, waved as he walked out the hospital Friday afternoon. Sanders had been treated after experiencing chest pain at a Tuesday campaign event; doctors placed two stents into his heart to correct a blocked coronary artery, according to his campaign.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-10-04/bernie-sanders-suffered-a-heart-attack-doctors-reveal-says-he-feels-great-after-release-from-hospital
RABEL222

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2019 11:52 am
@Olivier5,
Its a lie, its a lie. Bernie the God wouldent allow his body to harm his heart. Its a lie.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2019 11:44 am
@Olivier5,
It won't be long now, but Bernie is going to drop out of the race. At this point it's going to be a money making scam.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/08/politics/bernie-sanders-heart-attack-symptoms/index.html
Quote:
Sen. Bernie Sanders said Tuesday he is prepared to change the nature of his presidential campaign after seeing a cardiologist in his hometown of Burlington, VT.

The exam served as a follow-up appointment after Sanders was hospitalized for more than two days when he suffered a heart attack last week on the campaign trail. Sanders told reporters outside of his home that he won't be able to keep up the robust schedule he and his supporters have become accustomed to during his 2016 and 2020 campaign.