Depression Sux

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 10:17 pm
Yep Wilso, depression does suck. Big time!

And yes, you may be taking those pills for a long while now.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:10 am
Mr Stillwater!

How lovely to see you again! Very Happy How are you getting along? (You don't have to answer that if you don't want to, of course ..)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:25 am
Stuilly

I was just about to send out a search party for you!

Not that we missed you, or anything!

Howya going?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 03:06 am
We wuv ya Stilly!!!!!

(engage lie mode)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 03:38 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Yep Wilso, depression does suck. Big time!

And yes, you may be taking those pills for a long while now.

Hey, Mr. Still! Where ya been. We missed you!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 07:42 am
Good to see you back, Mr. Stillwater. Of course you are depressed. With so much pain, anything otherwise would be quite odd. As to your singular arthritic condition, I hope you have sought another opinion. Keep us posted, buddy.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 11:11 pm
Thanks for your thoughts. I have hit an all-time low as the full impact of the events of the last couple of years are really hitting home. As my wife threw me out last year, I have had a hard time of trying to find a new home. I will say that although I am not in that totally destructive relationship, I only have little time with my children each week (11 hours). I am finding this even harder to cope with than just being alone.

For the past couple of months I have just been unable to find anything to say. I missed this place and even logged on, but I had literally lost my voice. There's only so much the pills can do, you still have to live in the here and now and you can't do that AND avoid the pain. Sorry for the absence.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 11:59 pm
Stillwater, we know and love you, I know that seems absurd as across the web channels, but there it is. Please just grunt at us when you can't talk. We can take it.

Besides, we believe in you. I don't care how much you may have f/up previously, I know you are someone I want to keep knowing. Ok, enough support. why the hell don't you post on the word game threads? (okay, okay, kidding, but they are the secret society of a2k... lazily nuanced, those pleasant posts..)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:20 am
Mr. Stillwater I know that feeling all to well and like everyone else I am glad you are back with us.

What is it about depression that makes one withdraw from the very things that give such pleasure?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:36 am
JoanneDorel wrote:
Mr. Stillwater I know that feeling all to well and like everyone else I am glad you are back with us.

What is it about depression that makes one withdraw from the very things that give such pleasure?

Complicated question Joanne...I know for me it's an overwhelming feeling of not being worthy of the world's pleasures, for some nebulous infraction in my life. Unexplainable, and completely illogical, but when in the throes of it, a hard thing to get over.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 05:34 am
Mr. Still
I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles and hope things get better for you very soon.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 12:31 pm
Unfortunately, I'l have to agree with Joanne & cav-.
I hope you'll spend some time with us, Stillwater. I find it's something I can do "on auto-pilot" when I'm having one of those bad days. I think it's pretty safe to say that I speak for all of us when I say - we're here if you need to talk or anything. - and that goes for the rest of you, too! Friendship and social interaction is the enemy of depression!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 12:38 pm
You can speak for me devriesj - A2k has saved my life more than once.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 07:20 pm
That's awesome and awe-inspiring, Joanne. That's one of those things I want to remember when one of "those days" hits.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 07:27 pm
It is true I love this place and the people here.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 08:16 pm
Amen, sista. It's really feeling like home to me as well!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 08:40 pm
La famiglia here - a certain family spirit at a2k, accessible immediately in contrast to most families.
I won't say we all care, there must be some who don't, but generally we do care. No matter how long it takes us to post.

But for Stillwater,
the hugs make the oceans wave.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:47 pm
Depression comes because of sin.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:48 pm
And I'm not talking the ol' "we're all sinners" sort of thing. I'm talking big distinguishing sins.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 04:40 am
Hang in there, Mr Stillwater! Sorry things are so tough right now ...
0 Replies