Depression Sux

Wilso

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 11:39 pm
Get those endorphines pumping. that's what creates the "runners high" isn't it?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 11:40 pm
Jeeez, I was just thinking back to my weight lifting days and I was as strong as an ox Embarrassed
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 11:45 pm
I'd like to offer my support, too. I think that a lot of people feel depressed during certain times of their lives. Along with the steps you've taken, the exercise, as several people have mentioned, may be the one best idea. Maybe you could try something new like Tai Chi or Yoga to give you some extra zip! (Should I mention that these sorts of classes are filled with women??) I also would recommend simply walking outside, enjoying nature, seeing happy people, and being in the sunshine. Walking a dog? Pushing a baby carriage? (Love that photo of you and your niece!)

Be sure and get enough sleep, but try to get up early to enjoy the morning. Every morning is a wonderful beginning and something to savor. Try to find things to do that you truly enjoy. Sometimes we forget what we really like, or gloss over it and go for what is simpler, less expensive, easier to get. Pleasing yourself is not egotistical, it is a good thing. Who else is going to do this?

The other activity that can be helpful in fighting depression is to help someone else. Whether it is one on one, giving extra help to your family, volunteering at a hospital... it is amazing what can happen when you take your mind off your own troubles and concentrate on someone else's for a little while.

Best of luck to you. You have a lot of friends and admirers here.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 11:50 pm
I'm glad you're feeling better Wilso :-) You're the best ;-)
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 07:47 am
The sun's out today!! That'll make for better feelings.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:11 am
Picture of Gezzy back in her weight lifting days:

http://www.female-bodybuilders.org/sexy-female-bodybuilder.jpg
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:35 am
Shocked
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:36 am
It's hard to tell if that is even a woman. I think it's a drag queen.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:38 am
Posterwoman to why females shouldn't inject testosterone in their ass.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:39 am
Nope, it's a man in drag.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:40 am
Nope, it's a female.

On plenty of male hormones.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:41 am
Gezzy can't keep her secrets from us.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:41 am
I've seen plenty (too many) gals who were born without a Y chromosome, but lotsa steroids and days in the gym later, look JUST like that. The truly scary ones get giant fake boobs plopped on top of it all... Shocked
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:53 am
No, what's TRULY scary is one side effect of woman on steroids/testosterone. There's a certain part of their body, on a certain area, down there, that grows...alot. It's usually, the size of a pea or so, but it can grow to several inches...just like on a guy.

That's so hot.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:59 am
OK, you win.

(ACK!)
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 10:27 am
Wilso, I know you don't have much time, but Yoga is really worth looking into. Ask around and try to find a place where they stress breathing. Skip the power stuff. It really makes a difference.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 03:06 pm
Oh, God!!!!!! I never looked even close to that. Jeeeez!!!! That's one scary looking chick.
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 07:07 pm
Now Wilso, how can you stay depressed now that Slappy's here to tell us all about what happens to the female body on testoserone?

BTW, on a more serious note, one thing that's always helped me (besides exercise) during bouts of depression is reminding myself that it will pass. The reason this helps is because it's so true, it really does pass.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 12:17 am
Thread has certainly taken an uplifting turn.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 01:20 am
Sorry Wilso. Gezzy slithers away quietly.
0 Replies