Depression Sux

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 11:07 am
SCoates you are joking I hope.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 11:33 am
I hope so too, Joanne. I have missed SCoates, and this was the first post this morning I saw from him. I think we need an explanation here, as the post makes no sense at all. I'm disappointed....not depressed, just disappointed.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 11:37 am
explanation, perhaps:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22843
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 11:39 am
Thanks Letty.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 11:43 am
Right Letty I understand now. Thank you.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 02:48 pm
cavfancier wrote:
I hope so too, Joanne. I have missed SCoates, and this was the first post this morning I saw from him. I think we need an explanation here, as the post makes no sense at all. I'm disappointed....not depressed, just disappointed.

Disappointment arises from sin.

Terrible, terrible, unforgivable sin. Not just the little stuff.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 02:52 pm
SCoates wrote:
cavfancier wrote:

Disappointment arises from sin.

Terrible, terrible, unforgivable sin. Not just the little stuff.

I'm sorry SCoates, I just don't believe that. Please please feel free to share why you think this.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 02:55 pm
(Uh-oh... I'm digging myself into a hole. I better think up a distraction)

Disagreeing with others arises from sin. So does asking others to back up their statements.

(Heh, heh... Scoates, you devil)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 02:56 pm
Hmm....
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 02:59 pm
I don't want to back you into a corner either, but I really am curious about why you say that. Is it your philosophy? your religion? Something you were brought up with?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 03:27 pm
Um... in a sense, dev. You see, I'm clinically stupid.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 03:41 pm
Oh, no! I don't believe that! I'm just a very curious person. I like to know what makes people tick. It's probably why I went into the profession I did! Plus, I think it helps the person (you) to know or say why you think a certain way. You are NOT stupid! You seem pretty articulate to me.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 03:49 pm
That is exactly what I thought, Dev. Until I was diagnosed contrarily by at least half a dozen doctors. "Clinical stupidity." I even saw one write it down on paper. It was really embarressing at first, but I've gotten used to it. Plus, now whenever by brother calls me stupid, I can just cry and say, "Yeah, so? What's it to you?" And he feels bad.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 04:02 pm
Really? Are you pulling my leg? I have seriously never heard of that before and I'm a counselor!
Besides, I really don't think you're THAT stupid. What's your IQ? I would think they'd have tested you in order to diagnose you!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 04:09 pm
Clinical stupidity is a bit different than the regular stupidity you are obviously thinking of. Just as with clinical depression a patient may recieve medication to counteract their feelings, or even may appear to be happy to others, but inside they are not. Oh, man, I dangled a participle on that first sentence. That's not really a big deal is it? I'm trying not to make a fool of myself. Heaven knows I do that quite enough in my personal life. I don't want to loose my wed friends too. Oh great... I wrote loose. That doesn't even make sense. I'll stop now before I embarress myself.

Maybe I should spell check this...
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 04:18 pm
SC - Don't worry so much! You sound a lot like I used to. (and no one here minds participles, dangling or otherwise!) And don't worry about embarrassing yourself. We all do it. This is a pretty safe environment. Everyone here has been so nice. It doesn't matter who or what or where or how old you are! Or didn't you notice that cavfancier said he missed you, and Letty wrote you a poem!
I don't know what your situation is, but I know you'll find acceptance here. Are you working on things in your personal life? With medication? counseling? just spending time with friends? That stuff is important too.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 04:33 pm
Well, the reason I dropped by here... well... I figured dealing with chronic depression must be something like dealing with chronic ignorance. Personally, I feel that my stupidity is a result of sin. And not just little ones either. But if no one else wants to bring religion into this, I suppose I'll forego
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 04:34 pm
Sorry, guys, I forgot the period on that last sentence. I know there should have been one.... It's not that I don't know.

It won't happen again
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 05:10 pm
Oh, SC, I don't mind talking religion at all! Some do, some don't. If that's a big part of where you're coming from, of course you should talk about it. I'm a Christian, or follower of Christ, as I like to say. What about you?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 05:11 pm
SCoates. Belief and religion are often mutually exclusive, but I for one, keep holding on.

You hold on, too.

Liars have done more to crucify the idea of Jesus, than the Romans, or the scribes and pharisees, but the horror lies in the fact, that many have convinced themselves that lies have become truth.Therein lies the real tragedy.

and in the mean time, in between time, there is music, art, and, of course, poetry.
0 Replies