SAVE A COW . . . EAT A VEGETARIAN

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:45 pm
HOT DAMN, Pig is neck and neck with cow ! ! !
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:47 pm
OK, I wasn't gonna do this because it shows partiality but I just voted for pig. Poor thing was getting outpaced by that big fat cow. Not fair, y'know. Go, Porky!
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:47 pm
There IS justice in the world !
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:50 pm
C'mon, horse! C'mon, horse!

The dogs seem to like it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:52 pm
(Merry, I'm making seafood soup tonight, a response to your seafood post...)

C'mon, lil piggie, you know the way home...
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:54 pm
Split the difference, have a bacon cheeseburger.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:54 pm
margo wrote:
roast lamb.........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Having no clue at all how you Colonials serve your food nowadays....tell me, do you have Mint sauce with your Roast Lamb?

It may seem a silly question, but I once mentioned to a Frenchie, that the English serve it this way and he burst out laughing !! Damned impertinence.....So I left him to suck on his snails.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:59 pm
I have always had mint jelly with lamb, it was what I looked forward to every Easter.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 10:03 pm
SOME BASTARD JUST VOTED FOR COW AGAIN . . .

Ma, git down my shootin' iron . . .
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 10:04 pm
i never got that. i would be looking at a scrumptious piece of a steak and somebody would plop the stoopid mint sauce right on top of it, just to ruin the whole thing for me. that's one thing i haven't learned and likely will never learn in the u.s. of a. as of yet. whoever heard of such silly thing? or sweet waffles with sausages? eewwwwww.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 10:05 pm
i did, set. you have a problem with that? want a piece of me?!
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 10:07 pm
Waffles and breakfast sausage I understand, waffles and chicken I will never comprehend.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 10:12 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
i did, set. you have a problem with that? want a piece of me?!

Depends . . . roasted, fried or grilled?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 10:12 pm
lamb served with mint sauce is an english trick used to mask the tallowy taste of mutton. Lamd can be easily distinguished from its older relatives by the long bones, they should be round and hae no blade discernable. Ribs, for example. should have perfectly round bones. The only dressing or sauces for such tender and flavorful young cuts are totally optional and range from mild garlicky oils to mustard rosemary , like provence.
A lamb shouldnt be allowed to "finish" out beyond like 90 pounds , or, like veal going through a "teenage" period, it gets a little gamey. These cuts we send to the UK because, as everyone knows, UK has no recognizable cuisine.
We butcher a couple a year for our use and , at best, we get about 40 lb of meat or, in the case of the SUPERgiant suffolks, which, as a lamb can be finished to 150 cuz their so freiggin big, these yield about 80 lb of meat .

Grilling lamb takes an attention span, attentiveness to the flame and, a salt extinguisher. Lamb can cause nasty grille fires if done too fast, and , really, lamb barbeque (unless your doing a smoky "spoonleg style" it really isnt the best way. Its like taking a lobster and cooking it for an hour.

We like the mustard, rosemary, and a mild reduction sauce of the panlikker and mustard tospoon around the serving

Now Ive eaten goat, usually its inedible but Ive had Targhee (which can be argued is a sheep but the juries out) and these are good when quite young. There is no goat, thats worth anything but coyote bait after 90 lb , it has a really strong taste cause it browses and no matter how you finish it, its gonna find a tree and eat the bitter leaves which will make the animal taste like a telephone pole smells
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 10:16 pm
Setanta wrote:

fureoasted!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 10:17 pm
went to a lamb roast once where the cook was a pakistani dude. he kept movin' from animal to animal (we did 8 lambs for about 100 people), which were on slow turning auto spits, slicing off the done meat, scoring the meat under, slicing into it and placing a slit garlic clove in the slice.

I laid on the ground staring up at the star for about an hour and a half after i finished eatin' . . . but that couldn't been the spliffs, too . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 10:18 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
fureoasted!

Oh Baby Oh Baby ! ! !
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 10:19 pm
oh baby back ribs! with fries. yes. mashed potatoes would do, too. damn this diet nonsense.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 10:19 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
Setanta wrote:

fureoasted!

Mmmmm...cut me a piece of that too, could ya?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 10:21 pm
i'll cut you one alright.... hmm, better stop the train of thought RIGHT THERE!
0 Replies