SAVE A COW . . . EAT A VEGETARIAN

moondoggy

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:29 pm
can the pig fly?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:30 pm
Let's hope not . . . i left my combat-grade bumbershoot at the airport . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:31 pm
who the hell voted for opossum. Theres not enough dark meat on one a them big rats.

Yes, someone needs to find skwerlx he worshipped at an altar of pork ribs.

Ahhh holiday weekend.
The American tradition preserved.
To take dates otherwise reserved for somber reflection and honor
and turn em into a reason to party 3 days
The honored dead woulda liked that.
Their only sadness
To have missed out on a great barbeque.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:40 pm
Only "holy"-day I wholeheartedly endorse, in its mode of observance, is Labor Day. On Labor Day, you get an extra day off. Good stuff, that.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:42 pm
All right, who's the rat-fink who voted cow ? ! ? ! ?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:45 pm
Cool
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:45 pm
Ever eat guinea hen? closest thing to wild pheasant without having to get up early and carry a shotgun around all day.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:46 pm
Re the piggy photo - pearls on swine!!
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 07:56 pm
farmerman wrote:
Ever eat guinea hen? closest thing to wild pheasant without having to get up early and carry a shotgun around all day.

The Mrs. and I have been considering raising guineas... Any thoughts ?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:02 pm
yes what happened to skwerlx? One of my favorite guys.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:05 pm
I knew a woman who kept guinea fowl and french hens and cockerells--she sold the eggs, which run from a pale green to an olive color, for big bucks to natural food stores, where the "new age" crowd lined up to buy them.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:12 pm
Hey,
Lets keep this G - rated. All right buddy ?
0 Replies

moondoggy

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:17 pm
how does a cock lay an egg?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:17 pm
OK, OK, i edited . . . are ya happy now?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:18 pm
moondoggy wrote:
how does a cock lay an egg?

Ask yerself how a hen is gonna lay eggs without a cockerell.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:21 pm
I wuz only kiddin'.

Sorry.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:21 pm
The only thing that I can say about guineas is that they are dim. Exceedingly dim. They would often perch on top of our barn roof and, when the mood hit them, they would take off , en masse, and, like a bunch of kamikazes, fly right into our stone walled house. Just like they were doing a mass suicide.We knew that they didnt mean to kill themselves but theyve never mastered the concept of turning while in flight, so anything in their flightpath becomes a site for a "Homer"
This kind of activity is a bit unnerving and requires that you consider every waking guinea owning moment, an opportunity to be a hunter gatherer of dead and dying guineas.
We had one come up and squat right under the wheel of the UPS truck to take a nap.(They are a bit like cockroaches in that they like to be wedgeied in a tight space).When he backed up and felt a thump The driver was traumatized. He thought they were our pet "baby ostriches"(he never knew what a guinea was).While he felt terrible and offered to pay, He didnt have much time to mourn because his UPS schedule requires that he must be constantly moving or he is given a mild shock on his UPS ankle bracelet.

You will learn that guineas have this teeny cortical region of their brain so that, they are, pretty much, merely an autonomic response organism that is always on auto pilot without any demonstrated evidence of thinking.The good news evolutionarily is that They are incredibly fecund , but , bad news is that they are quite forgetful, so while they lay massive clutches of eggs, they keep forgetting where.

We allowed ours to roam free(better taste). But as you see, they were always absorbed with self destruction.So we kept them in a large cage. That wasnt such a great idea , as they have a voice that has been described as a150 decibel equivalent of "fingernails on a chalkboard". Their calls are not enjoyable like a rooster call. Their"wak-ee-wakee" noise actually can be felt in your fillings

We havelately found the best of all worlds. Theres a turkey farm a few miles from us and theyve taken to raising guineas, pheasants scovy ducks and chukkar. So we can buy a guinea all dressed and ready for barbeque.
0 Replies

moondoggy

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:22 pm
easy

they're just unfertilised

which i s'pose, technically(depending on how lazy one is collecting the said same eggs), means meat-free
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:24 pm
we had the pearl guineas , and they layed little spotted eggs. We now have aracunas. These ladies can squeeze out green, blue,pink, brown, and camocolored eggs. I think the camos are a good "nat selection' move.
BTB set, a hen needs no pimp.An eggis merely an eggsample of henstruation, until, of course, they go through henopause
0 Replies

moondoggy

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:25 pm
pink is the new black
0 Replies