15
   

Are cop brutality and Black-on-Black crime still issues in the TRUMP era?

 
 
Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 06:55 pm
Hi. I am just a bit curious about this. Cop brutality was still somewhat of an issue when Obama was president- this is the whole reason the BLM movement came about. Black-on-Black crime was still an issue during the Obama administration too- I wasn't aware that it was until they discussed it on an episode of Steve Harvey's morning talk show a few years ago.

Are cop brutality and Black-on-Black crime still issues during the Trump administration?

I haven't heard, seen or read anything about cop brutality since Trump took office. I would like to think the BLM people disbanded since Trump became president. I haven't heard, seen or read anything about Black-on-Black crime since Trump became president either.

Please help- thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 15 • Views: 2,982 • Replies: 144

 
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 08:52 pm
@JGoldman10,
What happened is #MeToo.

After Trump won in 2016, the liberal base became obsessed with the outrage is middle-class White women. That was when the air was taken out of the Black Lives Matter movement.
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 02:17 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

What happened is #MeToo.

After Trump won in 2016, the liberal base became obsessed with the outrage is middle-class White women. That was when the air was taken out of the Black Lives Matter movement.



What about "#whileblack"or "While Black"?:

https://www.theroot.com/100-things-not-to-do-whileblack-1830016338
https://www.ebony.com/tag/whileblack
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/us/living-while-black-police-calls-trnd/index.html
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/cchr/media/while-black-nyc.page

The lady who wrote the article at the first link was obviously making jokes, but the articles at the other ones are serious.

There's more links like this out there.

Racial profiling has gotten so out of hand it's ridiculous.

I am glad I never had that problem.

I first learned of "#whileblack" or "While Black" when I was watching The View earlier this year.

They talked about and joked about a White woman who called the cops on some African American family having a cookout in Oakland.

They also talked about some Black kids who were running their own landscaping/mowing business and were reported to the cops by some White woman simply because they cut the wrong grass, and I think they talked about on Steve Harvey's talk show too if I am not mistaken.

Innocent African Americans who are minding their own business, doing normal American activities and not doing anything unlawful or criminal were getting reported by White folks to the cops for NOTHING. It's DISGUSTING.

When did "#whileblack" or "While Black" become a thing? Did that become a thing when Trump took office? I never heard of this campaign when Obama was president.

I am also reminded of the incident at a graduation ceremony at a Florida university in which African American students were being dragged off stage by a school marshal:





https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/07/us/university-of-florida-black-graduates-rushed-off-stage-trnd/index.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/us/florida-black-students-graduation.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2018/05/07/black-students-celebrating-their-graduation-say-a-marshal-shoved-them-away-from-the-stage/
https://abcnews.go.com/US/university-florida-apologizes-inappropriately-ushering-graduates-off-stage/story?id=54979432
https://people.com/human-interest/florida-university-drag-black-graduates-stage/

And of two African American men who were being racially profiled by a Starbucks manager:
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/starbucks-manager-called-cops-minutes-black-men-arrive-article-1.3942931
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/05/02/african-american-men-arrested-at-starbucks-reach-1-settlement-with-the-city-secure-promise-for-200000-grant-program-for-young-entrepreneurs/?utm_term=.f80d341ba353
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/04/14/starbucks-apologizes-after-employee-calls-police-on-black-men-waiting-at-a-table/?utm_term=.c3d90ff35e39

And some incidents of some African Americans who were racially profiled by Denny's employees:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article176435501.html
https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/columbia-county/lake-city/dennys-apologizes-for-turning-away-group-of-black-customers-in-lake-city

But these things happened after "#whileblack" or "While Black" became a thing, if I am not mistaken.

I don't understand your post. Did you mean to say:

"After Trump won in 2016, the liberal base became obsessed with the outrage that is middle-class White women"? Or "After Trump won in 2016, the liberal base became obsessed with the outrage of middle-class White women"?

Please clarify this. Thank you.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 06:41 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

What happened is #MeToo.

After Trump won in 2016, the liberal base became obsessed with the outrage is middle-class White women. That was when the air was taken out of the Black Lives Matter movement.



You people only watch the fox network?

Just days ago a black family with two young children and a pregnancy wife was held at gun point and threaten with death due to one of the children taking a doll out of a dollar store.

Love that the woman was holding an infant in her arms and when she dare to point out that fact for a reason she could not raised her hands up at once was told that she would be shot in the head.

Thank god there was another citizen taking video of all this as otherwise there is a good chance that the whole family would had been wiped out.

Black lives including pregnancy women do not matter to this day.

Family Held at Gunpoint by Phoenix Cops Says Apologies Are a “Slap in the Face”


Quote:
Family Held at Gunpoint by Phoenix Cops Says Apologies Are a "Slap in the Face"
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare via email
By Tess Owen Jun 17, 2019

The family held at gunpoint by Phoenix cops said at a press conference at City Hall Monday that public apologies from the police chief and mayor feel like a “slap in the face.” They want the officers held accountable, and community leaders are calling for rallies and protests this week to address the broader toxic police culture in the Arizona city.

“Everyone knows they are not fit to be policing,” said Dravon Ames, the father of the family, regarding the two cops who threatened them in a Dollar Store parking lot in late May. “Just like any other job, those officers should be held accountable — and they aren’t being held accountable at all.”

In bystander video that went viral late last week, the two officers run toward Ames and his fiancée Iesha Harper’s vehicle with their guns drawn. Officers later said they were responding to a call about a theft in the store.

“Get out of the ******* car,” one officer shouts, adding, “Put your hands up.”

“I can’t put my hands up,” Harper replies. “I have a ******* baby in my hands. I can’t. I’m pregnant.” Officers slam Ames against the police vehicle, cuff him, and then kick him in the back of the knees. “You’re going to get ******* shot,” one officer shouted.

One of two children in the car, a 4-year-old girl, had stolen a doll from the store without her parents’ knowledge.


“It was very terrifying for me and my children because they’ve never been through anything like that, especially when they have guns pointed at them,” Harper said at Monday’s press conference. “I always taught my daughters to depend on the police if something happens, but she had to find out herself that she cannot depend on the police.”

Ames and Harper have filed a $10 million civil rights suit against the city of Phoenix.

“This happens every day and every hour in America,” said their attorney Sandra Slaton at the press conference. “But there was video of this, and thank god there was.” The family is also getting assistance from rapper Jay-Z, who has hired another top lawyer to join the legal team in the case.

Over the weekend, Phoenix’s Police Chief Jeri Williams put out a video statement on Facebook, in which she spoke directly to the camera. “I, like you, am disturbed by the language and actions of our officers,” Williams said. She also appeared on a local NBC station, saying she was “with everyone in the community who is angry.”

Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego also apologized, writing on Twitter that she was “deeply sorry for what this family went through.” She also called the officers’ actions “completely inappropriate and clearly unprofessional.”

But their apologies are falling flat.

“Inappropriate and unprofessio
Jewels Vern
 
  0  
Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 10:05 am
@JGoldman10,
It only depends on what you mean by "issue". News media are not carrying so many stories, but that doesn't mean the offenses have stopped. You can search google and find sites devoted to recording statistics. They find that about 12% of homicides involve cops. Courts will bend over backwards to let a cop off.

I think "black on black" exists just because blacks are often unable to move to decent neighborhoods. I have not studied that topic.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 10:46 am
@BillRM,
I don't know to whom you are referring when you say "you people". I don't watch Fox News, in fact most of my news comes from NPR.

I am not saying that Black Lives Matter isn't important; quite the contrary. I am saying that liberals are so focused on White female rage that they aren't doing anything significant about racism or police brutality.
JGoldman10
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 12:36 pm
@maxdancona,
Hi Max. Not to nitpick, but again, your sentence makes no sense.

I assume, judging by the context you gave in your last response, you meant to say: "After Trump won in 2016, the liberal base became obsessed with the outrage of middle-class White women."

Am I correct?
0 Replies
 
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 12:45 pm
@Jewels Vern,
Other people of color- Hispanics/Latinos, Asians, etc. and even some Whites get discriminated against in the U.S. Other people of color and some Whites ARE subjected to cop brutality, but the media doesn't really talk about them.

I think the big reason Black-on-Black crimes happen is because there is a lot of poverty in certain Black neighborhoods and a lot of lawlessness in these areas.

I think it also has to do with the culture in which certain people in these areas are raised in.

I am a Christian. I have never been subject to any Black-on-Black crime going on in any neighborhood I ever lived in. I am glad about that. Seriously.

I was born and raised in the suburbs. I still live in the suburbs. I temporarily lived in Black neighborhoods, some of them bad, and I was never subject to any Black-on-Black crime going on anywhere.

Correct me if I am wrong- there tends to be a lot of crime and violence going on in any area with a lot of poverty in it. Am I right?

Are there a lot of poor Latino/Hispanic neighborhoods, a lot of poor Asian American communities, and a lot of poor rural neighborhoods where a lot of hillbillies and rednecks live, for example, with a lot of crime and violence in them?
0 Replies
 
JGoldman10
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 12:54 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:


What about "#whileblack"or "While Black"?:

https://www.theroot.com/100-things-not-to-do-whileblack-1830016338
https://www.ebony.com/tag/whileblack
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/us/living-while-black-police-calls-trnd/index.html
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/cchr/media/while-black-nyc.page

The lady who wrote the article at the first link was obviously making jokes, but the articles at the other ones are serious.

There's more links like this out there.

Racial profiling has gotten so out of hand it's ridiculous.

I am glad I never had that problem.

I first learned of "#whileblack" or "While Black" when I was watching The View earlier this year.

They talked about and joked about a White woman who called the cops on some African American family having a cookout in Oakland.

They also talked about some Black kids who were running their own landscaping/mowing business and were reported to the cops by some White woman simply because they cut the wrong grass, and I think they talked about on Steve Harvey's talk show too if I am not mistaken.

Innocent African Americans who are minding their own business, doing normal American activities and not doing anything unlawful or criminal were getting reported by White folks to the cops for NOTHING. It's DISGUSTING.

When did "#whileblack" or "While Black" become a thing? Did that become a thing when Trump took office? I never heard of this campaign when Obama was president.

I am also reminded of the incident at a graduation ceremony at a Florida university in which African American students were being dragged off stage by a school marshal:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-1BmD_gJrA[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2dSPwGgHkY[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5DI8ShI0qs[/youtube]

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/07/us/university-of-florida-black-graduates-rushed-off-stage-trnd/index.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/us/florida-black-students-graduation.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2018/05/07/black-students-celebrating-their-graduation-say-a-marshal-shoved-them-away-from-the-stage/
https://abcnews.go.com/US/university-florida-apologizes-inappropriately-ushering-graduates-off-stage/story?id=54979432
https://people.com/human-interest/florida-university-drag-black-graduates-stage/

And of two African American men who were being racially profiled by a Starbucks manager:
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/starbucks-manager-called-cops-minutes-black-men-arrive-article-1.3942931
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/05/02/african-american-men-arrested-at-starbucks-reach-1-settlement-with-the-city-secure-promise-for-200000-grant-program-for-young-entrepreneurs/?utm_term=.f80d341ba353
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/04/14/starbucks-apologizes-after-employee-calls-police-on-black-men-waiting-at-a-table/?utm_term=.c3d90ff35e39

And some incidents of some African Americans who were racially profiled by Denny's employees:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article176435501.html
https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/columbia-county/lake-city/dennys-apologizes-for-turning-away-group-of-black-customers-in-lake-city

But these last few incidents I mentioned happened before "#whileblack" or "While Black" became a thing, if I am not mistaken.




FIXED.
0 Replies
 
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 01:20 pm
The reason cop brutality and Black-on-Black crime were ever issues in the first place is because people need Jesus. People's hearts have to be changed.
People don't have Jesus and they want to find an excuse to hate and and fight people.

I am so glad I was Saved at a young age, and that I was never subject to cop brutality and any Black-on-Black crime anywhere. I am glad I was never racially profiled. I am glad I never had any serious problems dealing with any American cops. I do not give any cops a reason to bother me.

I recall one time a couple of years ago, I was walking home one night, and an undercover cop, who was dressed as a bicyclist, stopped me, because some construction and excavation work was being done in a street somewhere, and the man was concerned for my safety. The man thought I was Hispanic/Latino at first.

I am a fair-skinned African American male. A few times others have thought or assumed I was Hispanic/Latino. Others have seen my pics online and asked if I was Hispanic/Latino or Middle Eastern.

Being confused for another ethnicity is not a big deal to me.

According to a special I watched on BET a couple of years ago, the attitudes some American cops have towards African American males stems from slavery times. Did you know historically, American police forces came about as a means to control the slaves?:

https://medium.com/s/story/slavery-and-the-origins-of-the-american-police-state-ec318f5ff05b
https://plsonline.eku.edu/insidelook/brief-history-slavery-and-origins-american-policing
https://time.com/4779112/police-history-origins/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_patrol

There's more links like this out there.

I believe they mentioned American police forces coming about as a means to control the slaves in that special I am talking about, if I am not mistaken.

I recall seeing and hearing something about this on BET, or on one of these other African American-owned cable/satellite TV networks- Centric, TVOne, etc., somewhere.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 03:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

The reason cop brutality and Black-on-Black crime were ever issues in the first place is because people need Jesus. People's hearts have to be changed.
People don't have Jesus and they want to find an excuse to hate and and fight people.

t


My my so it your stand that a belief in the three in one god fantasy of Christianity is needed to keep us from killing each other?

This belief of your exist in spite of a two thousand plus history of Christianity being the reason given for killing each other and enslaving each other.

Those cops that had just surrounded that black family car threatening to blow the whole family away including the children and the pregnancy wife are all very likely to consider themselves good Christians as did the slave owners of the old south.
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 03:49 pm
@BillRM,
Racism and separatism is NOT of God. God made ALL men in His image and likeness. What makes you HUMAN does not change. If God didn't want people of different CULTURES intermingling He would have made our GONADS different.

Moses married an Ethiopian woman, and God plagued the woman who criticized Moses for marrying an Ethiopian woman with leprosy.
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 04:46 pm
@BillRM,
There are/were a lot of bad and crazy people who claim to do things "in the name of God".

Look at Joseph Kony:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/s36/MAvericker/1/81d68ac2-6583-4b8a-bf8b-723c3f7bc81c-original.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

He's a religious Ugandan militant warlord, head of the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda. He raped African women, plundered and pillaged African villages, killed a bunch of people, and trained young African boys to use firearms and become soldiers, all "in the name of God".

He fled Uganda and as far as I know the Ugandan government and the U.N. are still looking for him.

I first learned about Kony when I saw some online campaign about him back in 2012.
0 Replies
 
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 05:10 pm
@JGoldman10,
Sorry but once more the likelihood of some super god and or being existing that can bend natural laws to it whim an also care deeply about one kind of animal life on one tiny planet is near zero in my opinion.

A god that is no more likely to exist then any of the others untold gods mankind had dream up in our history.

The conclusion I reach after reading the KJB as a child still stand firm IE completely nonsense,
Jewels Vern
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 07:07 am
@BillRM,
Get back to us when you can post something on topic and slightly useful.
BillRM
 
  0  
Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 07:16 am
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

Get back to us when you can post something on topic and slightly useful.


So believing Christians are free to post all manner of nonsense and you and people like you have no problem with it but it is forbidden to question that nonsense?

Sorry but the last time I remain silent in such matters was in the early grades in New Jersey school system where the government was trying to force Christianity myths down the children throats.

If you an people like you do not wish to hear counter arguments over the subject I would strongly suggest talking to Mr.Goldman not me.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 07:36 am
@Jewels Vern,
You first.
RABEL222
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 01:55 pm
@izzythepush,
Google the 30 biblical references to slavery in the bible and all you good Christians get back to us.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 02:02 pm
@RABEL222,
It was only in the 1980s that the Dutch Reform church in South Africa stopped supporting Apartheid.
0 Replies
 
tsarstepan
 
  6  
Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 02:07 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

What happened is #MeToo.

After Trump won in 2016, the liberal base became obsessed with the outrage is middle-class White women. That was when the air was taken out of the Black Lives Matter movement.


I'm calling utter BS on your nonsense. Here in NYC, (Black Lives Matter may not be trending as a hashtag on Twitter.. who gives a damn about overrated hashtags) but media (NY Times, NPR, and other high profile liberal media outlets) are covering cop brutality upfront and center.

Quote:
I don't watch Fox News, in fact most of my news comes from NPR.

I am not saying that Black Lives Matter isn't important; quite the contrary. I am saying that liberals are so focused on White female rage that they aren't doing anything significant about racism or police brutality.


I'm pulling the trigger and calling you and out and out liar. You don't get to derail this thread with pretty much a ton of bull. The OP isn't talking about blacklivesmatters but police brutality against minorities in general. You were the literal first person to bring the outdated hashtag up.
 

Related Topics

T'Pring is Dead - Discussion by Brandon9000
Another Calif. shooting spree: 4 dead - Discussion by Lustig Andrei
Friends don't let friends fat-talk - Discussion by hawkeye10
Before you criticize the media - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Fatal Baloon Accident - Discussion by 33export
The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie - Discussion by bobsal u1553115
Robin Williams is dead - Discussion by Butrflynet
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Are cop brutality and Black-on-Black crime still issues in the TRUMP era?
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/22/2019 at 03:22:50