Are cop brutality and Black-on-Black crime still issues in the TRUMP era?

BillRM

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2019 12:54 pm
@Dissily,
Dissily wrote:

It’s a very long time since I posted here . So long in fact I can’t get my head around the forum’s format. It’s the weirdest forum design I’ve ever encountered.
A brief scan through this thread has me wondering why the problems Pete Buddigieg is having with his town’s police and recently on of South Bend’s officers shooting a black man. I’ve been on Pete’s side since he first put himself up for a Presidential candidate in the next ellection but I’ m a little puzzled by his performance since this horrible event. How I’d love to live long enough (I’m 73) to see a gay man as US President but this killing and Pete’s handling of the sacking of his black police chief a few years ago have me wondering if my support was maybe misplaced.
Any thoughts?

One nice thing about this upcoming election is that it is very unlikely that the democrats can find some one who would be a worst president then Trump.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2019 01:38 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
Our justice system is badly bruised. The proof is that our chief crook is president instead of in jail.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2019 02:36 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

One nice thing about this upcoming election is that it is very unlikely that the democrats can find some one who would be a worst president then Trump.

Sadly I am not running, but I am pretty sure I could rise to the task (I suspect Gillibrand would come close).

BillRM

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2019 07:13 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

BillRM wrote:

Sadly I am not running, but I am pretty sure I could rise to the task (I suspect Gillibrand would come close).

Yes Trump does seems to cause a lot of people including myself to come to the opinion that they would be a better leader of the free world then Trump.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 04:21 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Our justice system is badly bruised. The proof is that our chief crook is president instead of in jail.

And nominating judges throughout the system, who will be indebted to him.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 07:25 am
The thumb monkey was here. Anybody got a banana to spare?
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 07:48 am
@Olivier5,
What is a "thumb monkey" and who are you referring to as such?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 07:50 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

What is a "thumb monkey" and who are you referring to as such?

If you can't suss out the context... it's probably someone who rabidly goes through certain political (and often nonpolitical) threads and thumbs down posts of members the person in question really disagrees with on a 1000% basis.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 07:54 am
@JGoldman10,
It's a probably a monkey, although the precise species is unknown, who goes through entire A2K pages and votes down every single post in them.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 08:41 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
And nominating judges throughout the system, who will be indebted to him.

Every President does that, Trump is nothing special in that regard.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 09:35 am
@Baldimo,
Give the turd another term and the damage to the judiciary branch of the US government will be pretty extensive.

Give him control over the FBI and NSA, and he'll be using the electronic surveillance of US citizens together with his modicum of control over the judiciary to put political opponents in jail.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 09:44 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Give the turd another term and the damage to the judiciary branch of the US government will be pretty extensive.

There is no damage, unless you think not ruling by Liberal principles is doing damage. I'd prefer our judges rule based on the Constitution, which usually happens when you have conservative judges.

Quote:
Give him control over the FBI and NSA, and he'll be using the electronic surveillance of US citizens together with his modicum of control over the judiciary to put political opponents in jail.

Obama did that for his 8 years in office. He weaponized the FBI, NSA, CIA and IRS. Honest reporting by the news has shown that Obama was a fan of the surveillance state and spying on US citizens.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_on_mass_surveillance
He resigned several approvals to expand the power of Big Brother. NSA phone data collection?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 10:19 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Give him control over the FBI and NSA, and he'll be using the electronic surveillance of US citizens together
The "Patriot ACT" already bestows much of that to the executive branch. The next step of the the birth of American Fascism is the present chief executive usurping powers of war clearly given to Congress.

I think America , in 50 years, without another civil war, will be much like China , all beneficent, all controlling.

Baldimo

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 10:31 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I think America , in 50 years, without another civil war, will be much like China , all beneficent, all controlling.

Sounds like the liberal utopia the left has been working on for the last 30 years...
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 10:44 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

It should be interesting it he does lose the upcoming election and then refused to turn over power by claiming he only loss by way of millions of illegal voters that like the last time no one can find.

Seeing him being carry out of the white house would be amusing even given the harm he would be causing the constitution.
Below viewing threshold (view)
BillRM

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 01:42 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

You say all of this and yet the left is the one having an issue accepting the results of an election from 2 years ago... claiming Trump won't accept the results is just a little too rich.

Sorry he was very very open before he won the 1916 election that he might not accept losing to Hilary while Hilary make no such statements.

You guys must hate youtube......lol

BillRM

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 01:54 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

You say all of this and yet the left is the one having an issue accepting the results of an election from 2 years ago... claiming Trump won't accept the results is just a little too rich.

Two years ago? Are you talking about the one repeat one congressional race where a join commission of both democrats and republicans found cheating in the republicans absentee ballots so that election need to be redone?

Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_North_Carolina%27s_9th_congressional_district_election

Carolina's 9th congressional district was held on November 6, 2018, to elect a member for North Carolina's 9th congressional district to the United States House of Representatives.

Republican Mark Harris, an evangelical minister, defeated incumbent Congressman Robert Pittenger in the primary and faced Democrat Dan McCready, a veteran and businessman in the general election. Initial tallies put Harris 905 votes ahead, but the state election board refused to certify the results, pending a criminal investigation into allegations of fraud in handling of absentee ballots. The seat has been unrepresented since the start of the 116th Congress.

The North Carolina State Board of Elections held an evidentiary hearing in February 2019.[1] On February 21, the board unanimously voted to call a new election because of fraud by Republican operatives.[2] Several Republican campaign operatives have been indicted for their role in an illegal ballot harvesting operation. Harris declined to run again. The state legislature passed a law requiring new party primaries.

Dan McCready was nominated again by the Democratic Party for the special election for this seat, scheduled for September 2019. Dan Bishop, a state senator, won the Republican primary and will face him in the election.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 01:57 pm
@BillRM,
You can point to something before the election all you want to, it was leftists on Nov 9th 2016 who refused to accept election results, and is the left who still can't accept the results of an election. Rachel Madcow had to bring up RussiaGate during the debates, further proof the left can't accept election results. The very fact that the extreme left has gone on a mission to change the EC, further proves they can't accept election results and want to change the election so it fits them.

Nov 4th 2020, if Trump wins again, they will still refuse to accept election results.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 02:00 pm
@BillRM,
There were no "redone" 2016 elections.