Are cop brutality and Black-on-Black crime still issues in the TRUMP era?

maxdancona

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 11:08 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Trump has a very simple message when it comes to police brutality. He says "We stand up for our police officers". I strongly disagree with Trump's policies around police brutality, he sweeps it under the rug. But you can't argue with the simplicity of his message. Who doesn't want to support police officers?

The Democrats problem is that they are so fixated on outrage, that they fail to come up with a counter message. They have the slogan "Black Lives matter"... but the problem is that there is no clear policy to back it up.

As despicable as I find Trump, he is speaking not only to his base, but he is reaching out in terms that resonate with independents.

Trump will win again if the Democrats keep acting like angry idiots.
BillRM

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 11:10 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Trump has a very simple message when it comes to police brutality. He says "We stand up for our police officers". I strongly disagree with Trump's policies around police brutality, he sweeps it under the rug. But you can't argue with the simplicity of his message. Who doesn't want to support police officers?

The Democrats problem is that they are so fixated on outrage, that they fail to come up with a counter message. They have the slogan "Black Lives matter"... but the problem is that there is no clear policy to back it up.

As despicable as I find Trump, he is speaking not only to his base, but he is reaching out in terms that resonate with independents.

Yes indeed you need to be an idiot not to support the murder of innocent men women and children by racist cops.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 11:11 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Getting back to the topic of the thread, has President Trump ever spoken out publicly against cop brutality and Black-on-Black crime, like Obama did, at any point during his tenure in office?

No, he hasn’t even so much as said zip about police brutality or ‘black on black’ crime. The closest he came to even acknowledging the existence of black Americans is to say “your neighborhoods are crumbling, no jobs, lousy schools, vote for me, What do you have to lose???” (Before the purists jump down my throat, I paraphrased his remarks)

Personally, I have little hope that Trump will address any of our social ills while he squats in the White House........
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 11:13 am
@BillRM,
Do think that the phrase "murder by racist cops" is going to win votes in middle America? This is a phrase that plays very well with a rabidly liberal base. But, the majority of people support the police and find the phrase "murder by racist cops" to be an offensive insult to people they see as hard working Americans.

The upcoming election will be won or lost based on the ability of Democrats to win votes from independent Americans in states like Ohio and Pennsylvania. Your rhetoric is not gong to be very helpful in this effort.

The election is not about righteous outrage, it is about convincing people outside of your ideological base to vote for you. You don't do this by insulting the police.

glitterbag

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 11:18 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I'm quite aware that there are men who don't have penises, but you're not one of them, you're an overgrown toddler.

That sounds terrible, do you think it’s time for another movement to support those people????? How about #MeNeither ??
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 11:28 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Do think that the phrase "murder by racist cops" is going to win votes in middle America? This is a phrase that plays very well with a rabidly liberal base. But, the majority of people support the police and find the phrase "murder by racist cops" to be an offensive insult to people they see as hard working Americans.

The upcoming election will be won or lost based on the ability of Democrats to win votes from independent Americans in states like Ohio and Pennsylvania. Your rhetoric is not gong to be very helpful in this effort.

The election is not about righteous outrage, it is about convincing people outside of your ideological base to vote for you. You don't do this by insulting the police.

LOL so whites as a class outside of Trump supporters are so racist that cops threatening to blow a pregnancy black woman head off while she is carrying an infant is of no important an we need to rally to the cops sides.

Sorry as while I know that some Trump supporters can be such low lives I do not think the rest of us are that far off.

Take note he did not win the popular vote in 2016 and had lost voters ever since.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 11:29 am
@BillRM,
I remember reading somewhere that the police recruited a lot of Iraq war vets. Maybe some of them still think they're at war.

You see the police on tv, they're about to raid a house for marijuana and they look like they're going to war.
They're look more military than police.

Then there's the Hollywood syndrome. Sometimes I think a lot of Americans think life is a movie.
The crazy cops certainly do.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 11:50 am
@BillRM,
It's not racist cops killing black people that's the problem, it's the reporting of it.

Do you see why I don't buy Max's claptrap about not being a conservative?
eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 11:51 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Didn't Bernie Saunders just come up with a plan to tax Wall street an extra 1/2% and use that to fund student fees.
That sounds like a good message to me. The Dems have come up with quite a few good ideas, maybe you're not listening.

Quote:
I believe he'll win again but not because of the Dems. He'll win because the Republican representatives and their electorate have abandoned what little morals they had left and simply because there's enough rabid right-wingers and racists going around to re-elect him.

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 11:54 am
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

I remember reading somewhere that the police recruited a lot of Iraq war vets. Maybe some of them still think they're at war.

You see the police on tv, they're about to raid a house for marijuana and they look like they're going to war.
They're look more military than police.

Don't blame Hollywood. Blame the idiots who allowed police departments across the United States to accept and use literal military equipment in the public arena.

Trump’s plan to give police easier access to military weapons, explained:
It’s part of the administration’s broader effort to unleash the police.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:01 pm
Another post removed.

I don't think I'm welcome around here no more.

Maybe the moderator who's removing my posts might tell me why.
It cant be abuse because a lot worse is allowed.
Calling somebody a bitch is enough to have your post removed????.

Jeezuz Christ.

We'll take a break for a while
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:13 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
It is a bit weird, I'll give you that.

What pisses me off is now Max will go off on a conspiracy rant about how mods won't delete me for some weird socio economic reason known only to him.

I'm at a loss as to why some of your posts have been taken down while mine stayed up.

It's got nothing to do with me, honest.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Never thought you had anything to do with it.

(crossing Iz off my list) Smile

Apparently it just got puritan around here.

I'll see you when the footie starts.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:20 pm
@izzythepush,
According to you and many on this site, anyone to the right of Marx is a conservative.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:33 pm
@Baldimo,
A lot of them are neo Nazis or just common or garden fascists like you.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:34 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
When it starts!

There's a World Cup going on right now. It's pretty good.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:37 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
A lot of them are neo Nazis or just common or garden fascists like you.

Like I said, anyone to the right of Marx is considered a Conservative. In reality, I'm actually quit centrist when you really think about it, people such as yourself are on the extreme left of politics.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 01:23 pm
@izzythepush,
When did I ever do that?

Your own delusions are pissing you off.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 01:26 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
The Democrats control about 38% of the vote. The Republicans control about 35%. These are votes that can be counted on no matter who the candidate is or what she says.

The rest of the votes are up for grabs. If one side is calling them Nazis they just might vote for the other side.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 02:18 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The Democrats control about 38% of the vote. The Republicans control about 35%. These are votes that can be counted on no matter who the candidate is or what she says.
Depressing.

I like to think that if the Democrats were to put forward a despicable candidate like Trump that most of the Democratic electorate would not vote for him/her.
Regardless of your political persuasion there has to come a point where you say no. Where your moral compass kicks in.
Even if it meant just abstaining.