Are cop brutality and Black-on-Black crime still issues in the TRUMP era?

BillRM

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 02:09 pm
@Baldimo,
So are you talking about the elections in 2018 or 2016?

No one question the 2016 election at any level but for Trump falsely claiming he won the popular vote in 2016
Baldimo

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 02:18 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

Considering we aren't even at a year after the 2018 elections...

Quote:
No one question the 2016 election at any level but for Trump falsely claiming he won the popular vote in 2016

I don't care about the "popular vote", it isn't used for the Presidential election, I only care about the EC votes, first to 270 wins. You know the way it has been since the Constitution was written, as intended by the Founders.
BillRM

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 02:43 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:

Considering we aren't even at a year after the 2018 elections...

Quote:

I don't care about the "popular vote", it isn't used for the Presidential election, I only care about the EC votes, first to 270 wins. You know the way it has been since the Constitution was written, as intended by the Founders.

Sorry but the idea of the founders concerning the EC was that it members would be independent agents as far as picking a president is concern so it never in reality function as the founders intention it to function.

Hell in my opinion a EC that did function as the founders intended it to would had screen out a demagogue such as Trump.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 05:20 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

What 2018 elections? 2018 wasn't even a presidential election year.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 05:28 pm
@JGoldman10,
The Mid term elections were held in 2018, one third of the Senators need to run if they wish to be re-elected to their seat (they have 6 year terms) and every member of the House is eligible for re-election if they run (they serve 2 year terms). Presidential elections are held every 4 years.
BillRM

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 05:38 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

The Mid term elections were held in 2018, one third of the Senators need to run if they wish to be re-elected to their seat (they have 6 year terms) and every member of the House is eligible for re-election if they run (they serve 2 year terms). Presidential elections are held every 4 years.

Did Mr. Goldman ever stated what nation he happen to be a citizen of?
glitterbag

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 09:18 pm
@BillRM,
I just assumed he is a US citizen.
BillRM

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 09:48 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I to just assume he was a US citizen, however when I saw your posting explaining the federal election schedule I began to wonder why a US citizen would not be well aware of such matters.

An that go even more so when the person in question seem deeply interested in the elections.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 10:38 pm
@BillRM,
I think it may be a sign of how disinterested our citizens are in the responsibilities of citizenship. I'm not picking on Goldman, but too many people are too lazy to even vote. Just reading some of the posters who show up gives you a clear idea of how uninformed some people are.

But to be fair, Goldman is not the first person I ever explained the election system to....he may have just been confused.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2019 02:21 am
@glitterbag,
Even I knew that and I'm a bloody foreigner. Mr Goldman needs to learn a bit more about his own government.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2019 08:50 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Did Mr. Goldman ever stated what nation he happen to be a citizen of?

I've stated in another thread that African American is my ethnicity, so isn't it obvious what country I am from?

glitterbag wrote:

Yes, that's correct.

glitterbag wrote:

I think it may be a sign of how disinterested our citizens are in the responsibilities of citizenship. I'm not picking on Goldman, but too many people are too lazy to even vote. Just reading some of the posters who show up gives you a clear idea of how uninformed some people are.

But to be fair, Goldman is not the first person I ever explained the election system to....he may have just been confused.

izzythepush wrote:

Even I knew that and I'm a bloody foreigner. Mr Goldman needs to learn a bit more about his own government.

Glitter and Izzy, I never professed to be an expert on politics. I never really expressed any interest in it until Obama came along.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2019 09:07 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Are you an American?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2019 10:06 am
@JGoldman10,
You don't have to be an expert to know when there's an election.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2019 11:54 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I've stated in another thread that African American is my ethnicity, so isn't it obvious what country I am from?

Believe it or not goldman, people don't go through every single thread here, and on top of that, go through every single post.

Do you honestly think everyone has examined all the threads you have posted on, and have made a mental note of what you have said or not said.

Being on any forum is like being at a cocktail party. At the end of the night, you're not going to be able to know what every person said, or even met or talked to every person.

Do you know what I have said on every thread I have participated on in the last even small period like a month or 2?

If you haven't, why not?
farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2019 12:52 pm
@chai2,
Quite right. Ive come to the conclusion that the A2K world does not revolve around me, Im not even ure of most people's sex
Ragman

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2019 02:56 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quite right. Ive come to the conclusion that the A2K world does not revolve around me, Im not even ure of most people's sex

Thinking whether or not they know for sure. Not that it’s a bad thing to not know. More possibilities of people to date that way.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2019 04:07 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Im not even ure of most people's sex

I am just horrible about that too. I don’t pay the least bit of attention and then on top of that I’m always mixing names up. Many times I’ve found myself reading what one person is writing and I’m thinking it’s someone else who is a different gender and age who it turns out I never even knew.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2019 10:23 pm
Not to veer too much off-topic, but is this song still culturally-relevant in the TRUMP era?:

I seriously and sincerely HOPE NOT.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2019 10:48 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

BillRM wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

Glitter and Izzy, I never professed to be an expert on politics. I never really expressed any interest in it until Obama came along.

Did you understand the information I gave you? I wasn't providing political insight or expertise, I was trying to clarify for you how we (as citizens) choose our representatives. I don't know how old you are, but I'm glad you started to pay attention when Obama ran. It's important for you to continue to pay attention, because if you don't, other people will be deciding what kind of country we will be living in. I have not missed an election since I became old enough to vote. All by myself I may not make a difference, but I'll be damned if I will miss an opportunity to cast my vote.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2019 11:28 pm
@glitterbag,
Yes, I was just making a statement.
0 Replies