Are cop brutality and Black-on-Black crime still issues in the TRUMP era?

maxdancona

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 02:30 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
A lot of people on this very site have proclaimed that they will vote for any Democratic candidate. I have gotten more than a few Facebook posts saying the same.

My point was that the Democrats are going to have to reach outside of their core base in order to win the election. This very fact seems to upset the base.

glitterbag

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 02:40 pm
@maxdancona,
Really? maybe they are just terrified over the possible wrath of all those white middle-class women.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 04:00 pm
@glitterbag,
The answer to this sites question is yes.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 04:09 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Really? maybe they are just terrified over the possible wrath of all those white middle-class women.

What "wrath"?
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 04:15 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Who is thumbing up Izzy's transphobic comment? Does anyone really support this kind of lanuage?

Max, I'm Izzy's son, and I'm trans, which you know. Taking the piss out a cis guy's knob isn't transphobic and you're really clutching at straws.

Shut the absolute frickity frack up because I know damn well that you don't give a damn about us unless you can use us as a weapon against people that actually give a crap about our rights. Or you're using your trans nephew as a way to give yourself the nobel peace prize for not being a child abuser.

Don't pretend you suddenly care.

maxdancona wrote:

You made an ugly, hateful, transphobic comment. I would never make a comment like that, and I would be ashamed if I ever did.

Remember when I said that you were cis and then straight away you started talking about your genitals?
Because you can't talk about trans people without feeling the need to talk about our genitals?
Because you know, by saying "cis man" or "amab man", that means you need to IMMEDIATELY FOCUS ON PENISES

Even though, guess what, there are trans men who have penises.
And there are also cis men who don't have penises.

And you're a freaking creep that comes out with casual transphobic language, equates us to our genitals, and then when a joke is made against your own blade of grass you start screaming 'transphobic' like you, a cis man, could be the victim of that, and like you haven't been guilty of not only casual transphobia - but also policing MY language, when I actually am trans, when talking about issues involving trans righs.

Give me a break. Like, a 10 year break. I need 10 years to get over this steaming pile of bs.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 05:00 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
Can you answer this honestly? If someone other than your father, say a newscaster or a celebrity or someone on Able2know outside of your ideological bubble had said the same thing... would you not have been offended?

I would never equate having a penis as a sign of manliness. I am not a radical liberal and I don't care that much about political correctness, but even I am not an asshole enough to say what your father said.

Izzy made an asinine comment that you would have rightfully considered transphobic had I made it (or most anyone else for that matter). I understand why you are giving your father a pass, but it is still hypocritical to take offense when other people make similar comments.

I will drop this if you guys will. I don't think this nasty fight that your father started is helping anyone.
nimh

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 05:35 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:
Calling somebody a bitch is enough to have your post removed????

Well yeah. Name-calling is against the rules.

eurocelticyankee wrote:
It cant be abuse because a lot worse is allowed.

Don't see a whole lot of name-calling around here that's worse that doesn't get disappeared sooner or later. Unless you're talking about ideological insults, people calling each other Nazis and commies and such -- political speech and all that.

The site runs on volunteer moderators though, and there aren't that many around. So if something does slip by them why not just hit "report"?

izzythepush wrote:
What pisses me off is now Max will go off on a conspiracy rant about how mods won't delete me for some weird socio economic reason known only to him.

Unlikely, since he specifically posted that he wants your post to stay up.
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 06:00 pm
@maxdancona,
You decided that being called cis means that you can start talking about your penis openly (which by the way is sexual harassment mixed with casual transphobia).

You also decided that by the above, trans people can only be defined by their genitals.

You're kinda gross in your views on trans people.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 06:14 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
Read the record. It was your father (Izzy) who started talking about my penis.

I got no problem with you, Kid. The only time we have interacted is when your father said something asinine, starts a nasty fight, and then drags you in to defend him. I hope he doesn't do this to you in real life.

Your father has an anger problem. Anytime anyone disagrees with him he takes it personally and lashes out. Most of the time threads get nasty, he is the one who drives it there with personal insults on anyone who expresses an opinion that offends his sense of righteousness. I hope you haven't taken after him in this way.

I clash with your father a lot. I have never thrown the first punch in any thread. Your father comes in looking for a fight, sometimes if I really upset him he will follow me from thread to thread for a while. I would be happy to leave your father alone. I don't think I have been the first to engage with him in any discussion (at least not in a while) but I will punch back when he acts like an asshole.

I understand your desire to come bail your dad out. It probably isn't healthy for you to do this.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 06:20 pm
@maxdancona,
Why are you and these other people derailing this thread?
TheSubliminalKid

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 06:24 pm
@maxdancona,
Yikes. You sound really creepy.

Also you started talking to me about your penis when I called you cis.

That’s the ‘record’.

I mentioned you were cis, and you immediately started talking to me about your penis like that’s remotely relevant. This is how you talk to trans people about trans issues. It’s utterly disgusting, so you have absolutely no right pretending to give a **** about us to try and use us as ammo.

Your problem is you sexualise transgender people just for existing then try to use us as pathetic leverage. You’re gross.
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 06:28 pm
@maxdancona,
The fact that you keep obsessing over my dad, ignoring when I point out your lies about never saying anything transphobic, and deliberately trying to twist words and block out parts of this conversation (such as saying my dad spoke about your penis first when the first thing I mentioned in this this post was how WHEN I CALLED YOU CIS YOU INSTANTLY SPOKE ABOUT YOUR GENITALS) says it all.

You ignore all relevant points then try to change the conversation like people haven’t got the ability to scroll up.

Gaslighting creep.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 06:53 pm
@JGoldman10,
I am sorry JGoldman. I will ignore Izzy and his Kid on this thread from now on.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 07:04 pm
@maxdancona,
Are they really father and son?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 07:05 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Are they really father and son?

I assume they are telling the truth about that. I was going to try to get back to the topic though.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 07:06 pm
@maxdancona,
Okay.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 07:10 pm
@JGoldman10,
I do think the priority of the Democrats in 2019 are twisted.

You hear a lot from the left about how White women on the US soccer team or in executive boardrooms aren't making enough money. Most Black men would love to get either of these salaries. You hear very little policy that would lower incarceration rates (an issue mainly impacting Black men) unless it is an attack on Joe Biden.

I also think the Democratic nominee had damn well figure out how to reach out to a broad coalition of voters in a positive way rather than focusing on a narrow angry base.

Obama ran a successful campaign in 2008. It was inclusive and positive. Hillary Clinton ran a failed campaign in 2016. It was entitled and angry.

Hopefully in 2020 the Democrats will choose the former. The base seems to want a repeat of the latter.

0 Replies

Dissily

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2019 04:55 am
@tsarstepan,
It’s a very long time since I posted here . So long in fact I can’t get my head around the forum’s format. It’s the weirdest forum design I’ve ever encountered.
A brief scan through this thread has me wondering why the problems Pete Buddigieg is having with his town’s police and recently on of South Bend’s officers shooting a black man. I’ve been on Pete’s side since he first put himself up for a Presidential candidate in the next ellection but I’ m a little puzzled by his performance since this horrible event. How I’d love to live long enough (I’m 73) to see a gay man as US President but this killing and Pete’s handling of the sacking of his black police chief a few years ago have me wondering if my support was maybe misplaced.
Any thoughts?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2019 05:32 am
@JGoldman10,
Yes.

How would Max know?
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2019 05:40 am
Police brutality is still rife, especially among black people.

Recently a black man had a gun pulled on him for picking up litter outside his own home.

Another black woman was screamed at, punched, and had a gun pulled on her when she didn’t place her baby on the ground to put her hands up.

The difference is now it’s being recorded so there’s clear evidence - but cops are still getting away with it.

Supposed “black on black crime” only seems to come up when white people are trying to find excuses for white (cops) that kill black people.