Big Brother 6

Debra Law

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 03:45 pm
Winner of HoH contest, Part 1: _________.

HoH contest, Part 2, in progress right now.

Whoever wins today will play the winner from Part 1 in the final challenge on Friday.

GOOD LUCK, Janelle!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 03:47 pm
Janelle needs to win this HoH - she's my girl
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 05:59 pm
special show tonight I think
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 09:52 pm
I'm ripped Janelle just got ousted grrrrr
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 10:04 pm
Right after Ivette evicted Janelle, I turned the channel. Call it sour grapes, but I won't be watching the final show.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 10:17 pm
it's still cappy cappy crap
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 10:35 pm
I am puking blood right now. When Ivette won HOH, I thought, "She can't be stupid enough to pick this idiotic frienship alliance over the money, can she?" But then I thought back, and I knew that yes, in fact she is that stupid, and that yes, she would be evicting Janelle.

I still can't believe the stupidity of Ivette. I think she would probably have won against Janelle. She can't beat Maggie though. No way.

Tune in for the reunion show next year, when the friendship gets together again and asks the question: "Why doesn't Maggie return our phone calls anymore?"

Hehehe...morons. All morons...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 02:23 pm
bump

final show tonight
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 11:08 pm
Cappy still sucks
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 03:04 pm
Shame--Ivette
Ivette earned a Realty TV Hall of Shame Moment.

Hall of Shame Moment: Ivette’s Doomed Decision in Big Brother 6

Excerpt:

Quote:
. . . The Friendship alliance vowed to take each other to the end – which makes sense. After all, most alliances make such promises, though few keep them. However, as the finale approached, it became clear that anybody who faced Maggie in the final two was doomed. This was not just my opinion or the opinion of most people on the message boards – this was the opinion of most people remaining in the house.

Janelle did her best to explain this to Ivette, but to no avail. When it came down to the end, Ivette won the final HOH competition and chose to keep Maggie. Even as she did it, she knew she was accepting second place and giving up $450,000 – but she did it anyway.

Some have said that Ivette would have lost no matter what – even if she took Janelle to the end. I dealt with this argument in detail in Why Ivette Lost, but let’s do a quick summary. For starters, we know that Janelle would have received the votes from Rachel and Howie. Ivette would have received a vote from Beau. Some of the Friendship members said that anybody in their ranks who brought a non-Friendship member to the end would lose their votes – but we’ve seen people say that so many times before and then change their minds that it’s difficult to believe it. I mean, does anybody really think Jennifer would have ever voted for Janelle? No. Same with Maggie, etc. So Ivette would have likely received the votes from April, Jennifer, and Maggie. And, frankly, she probably would have gotten James’ vote too.

But if there was any doubt in Ivette’s mind that she would get these votes if she took Janelle to the end, she had another way out. Ivette faced Janelle in the final HOH competition. It was so close that it came down to a double-tie-breaker. It would have been oh-so-simple for Ivette to throw the competition and nobody would have been the wiser. She already knew that Janelle was going to take her to the final two, so throwing HOH would have gotten her exactly where she needed to be – in the finals facing Janelle, and without even a chance that anybody in her alliance would vote against her.

But Ivette didn’t do that either.

Ivette made the conscious decision to go into the finals against an opponent she knew she couldn’t beat. When she did that, she gave us here at the Hall of Shame little choice. . . .
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 11:50 am
So BB7 doesn't start until Jul 9, 2006? Sad

That's way too long. I just read on the net that there's a rumor that it may be an All-Stars cast. /shrugs
0 Replies